***Official November 2013***

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by FigmentChick, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Saralew

Saralew Earning My Ears

My DD will b 2 yrs. 11 months when we are at disney - r they strict on the age for the boutique?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

I've bought pins twice from ebay in the past..and never had any "knockoffs" but know some people have...just check the sellers ratings to make sure people are happy with the pins!

she will have so much fun at BBB! love how she says it! so cute! yes you will cry, its such a neat experience! my DD did it twice and really felt like a true princess! we brought her dresses from home so just had her hair/make-up and nails done! we were able to keep her hair done for a couple days...she had the package with the hair piece and I wound it around her bun at night with extra bobbie pins and then touched it up the next day!

not really....she's close enough IMO...it does that awhile to get it done, so if she's able to sit very still she should be fine! there is so much going on in the salon all the girls are just sitting there in awe!

4. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

Private message Becky, figmentswife, with your FB name. She will friend request you and add you to the group.

5. pokanos

pokanos Mouseketeer

I forgot to mention that the website portorleans.org has wonderful info and pics of POFQ.

You can message FigmentChick and she will send you a friend request and add you to the group. I think that how your dd says BBB is cute and would be in no hurry to change it, they grow up so fast! We still call "pillow fights~fillow pights" because of how dd said it when she was little!:)

6. FigmentChick

FigmentChick DIS Veteran

I have bought them on eBay. I agree that you should check the ratings on the seller. My older two love pin trading and always look foward to that part of our trip. My daughter was so upset last year when she lost a couple (the backs were loose).

portorleans.org is wonderful!!! Andre is amazing and his site is filled with lots of great information. Also, check out the Resorts section because there is a POR/POFQ thread. I'm also part of that one.

7. belias21

belias21 DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Incidentally, there are also some folks on eBay who sell sturdy backs for the pins. We bought a couple dozen and replaced all the cheap black Mickey ones. They're very secure! I'll have to see if I can find that seller's info again.

8. FigmentChick

FigmentChick DIS Veteran

That would be awesome, thank you!! You know, I always think "this will be the year the backs won't fall off" and never look for those special backs. This year, I'll make the purchase so the kids' pins are protected.

9. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Thank you :goodvibes It's been quite a while since we have done a family WDW November trip!! We usually do Summer, so I am looking forward to NOT melting. We are there for Jersey Week :thumbsup2 It's Myself, DH, DS12, DD9, DD7,DD6 and my baby boy will be 5 on Oct. 1st :eek:

CAN'T WAIT!!! :woohoo:

BTW...we should totally plan some DISmeets!!!!I'm not on FB but I will keep up as best as I can!!

10. taylorcpa

taylorcpa Mouseketeer

I am SOO READY for park hours to be released!!! I want to start planning my days!

11. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 I'll second that!!!

12. pas130

13. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

ok you can officially add me. We had a cruise booked but ended up cancelling and just spending the whole week at WDW instead. We will be there Nov 24-Dec 1 at POFQ

14. amyh1028

amyh1028 Earning My Ears

Hi guys! I've not had time to go back through & read all of your thread yet, but just wanted to pop in and say HI!!
    We are scheduled right now to arrive November 30 & stay through December 7th. Right now we are booked at the Poly...and I've always wanted to stay there but I think we will have to switch to AoA. We need to save the $$ to pay for the airfare lol.

Can't wait to catch up

15. FigmentChick

FigmentChick DIS Veteran

Hey, guys!!! :wave2:

I will add you to the first post in the morning.....I'm about to get off and enjoy what I can of the evening.

I have been so frustrated today looking at airfare. I was looking for a quick getaway for hubby & I, but the airfare to anywhere is just so expensive!!! :scared1: So, I must move on.

Everyone have a great night.

16. yankeesmom21

yankeesmom21 Mouseketeer

Pas130...

I may have missed your dates. When are you in the world?

17. pas130

Don't lose hope!!!!! I ended up getting fantastic last minute airfare through Frontier last year. I never flew with them. It was myself & my girls...couldn't have had an easier experience!!! they fly out of Trenton BTW :goodvibes

Nov 1st-8th...thinking of possibly adding a day or two at the end depending on the dates of the Christmas party..:santa: MNSSHP will be the priority :cloud9:

18. FigmentChick

FigmentChick DIS Veteran

Wait....there's an airport in Trenton?!?! How could I possible NOT know this. I was born in South Jersey and have lived here since 1990. *bangs head against desk* You might just be my savior. LOL :)

I'm actually looking for airfare for a quick getaway for me and hubby. Just three or four days (possibly to the Flower & Garden Festival in WDW or New Orleans). I came into some unexpected money and I want to do something nice for the two of us. We haven't had a vacation together, alone since our honeymoon in 1997. (family vacations at the family house in Chincoteague do not count)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! (please cross your fingers everyone!)

UPDATE: OK, so they only fly out select days. Which I guess isn't bad, but considering we can't leave our kids with my dad for more than a couple of days, it just doesn't work. :( It's ok....I'll just think of things to buy when I'm in Disney. Like the new jewelry I've seen.

19. AndiSlamberg

AndiSlamberg Mouseketeer

So excited to add November 4th-14th! We'll be having our Disney wedding there on November 8th! :cool1: I'm so stoked!

20. skriegerjr

skriegerjr Monorail Maven

We're booked for Nov. 2-10 at POFQ. Our 4th Family trip...can't wait (especially after 2 separate postponements last year eventually caused us to cancel our vacation!)

21. jskleinman

jskleinman Earning My Ears

November 2-9