***Official November 2013***

WiLd1 said:
Ok, so we got our DVD in the mail a few days ago, and at this point, my girls think we are going to Disney in 2 years. We however, are going in November. This being our first trip, and that we only have 4 days in the park this time, we were going to spend 2 days in Epcot, and 2 days in MK. Well, after watching the DVD with the girls, they are in love with AK. So now we are going to do 1 day in Epcot, 1 in AK and 2 in MK. I haven't done any research on good meals, or character breakfasts or dinners in AK.. Anyone have suggestions?? My girls will be 8, 8, and 6 when we take our trip..TIA!:worship:

Wife and I had tusker breakfast on our honeymoon. Great breakfast buffet!! Tons of characters, goofy, Donald, daisy, I think Mickey and Minnie showed up, too!

Eek!!! I feel like a kid who got a sneak peek at Christmas! I would love to see the EMH also -because I'm coordinating for such a big group, I feel like I really need a head start!

Here are the EMH that were listed: (again for dates 11/5-11/13 unofficially)

Mornings: Tue@HS, Wed@AK, Thu none, Fri@Epcot, Sat none, Sun@MK, Mon@AK, Tue@HS, and Wed none.

Evening: Tue@MK, Wed none, Thu@HS, Fri none, Sat Epcot, Sun none, Mon none, Tue@MK, and Wed@HS

I am already so excited, it is going to be a long 9 months! It will go faster once this cold winter is over, I hope!!

Hi everyone!

First of all I would like to give a huge, excited 'yaaaaaayy!!' for everyone who will be enjoying Walt Disney World in November, I'm sure you are all as excited as I am to be visiting Mickey and co later this year! :)

I will be flying out on the 17th November and coming home on the 6th December, I cannot wait!! With me will be my wonderful little princess (she will have not long turned 4 when we go!) who cannot wait to get back to WDW and my other half who is coming for the first time ever!!! It has taken me over 2 years to talk him into it but he finally cracked when our little darling looked him in the eye, little tears coming to her face and said 'please daddy, I want you to come on the pirate ship (Pirates of the Caribbean) with me to sing the song!!' Heehee!! We are staying at POFQ and decided to go for the free DDP offered with the package, I have never stayed at this resort or done the DDP before so it's all very exciting!

I am so excited about my holiday and can't wait for the MVMCP dates to be released so I can start planning properly!! Woohooo!!!

Welcome to the group! Hopefully, your DH will fall in love with Disney like mine did on his first trip there. I never thought he would be a Disney fan, but he sure is. :goodvibes Did you book free dining with a bounceback?

Hi! Thank you for the welcome!! :wave2:

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what 'bounceback' is :confused3

In the UK if you book a package and stay at a selected resort hotel you get a free DDP for each night of your stay and $100 'disney spending money' It's a limited time offer and as I was booking anyway I decided to take advantage of it! I usually stay at the Boardwalk and don't bother with the DDP but as we are going for a longer holiday (usually I would do 12 days) I thought I would try it out! It's free afterall so why not?? :D

That's great! The UK offers different deals, so that is how you got free ining. Bounceback is when you go to visit and there is a special offer in your room for you to return for another trip. :goodvibes Often the offer is for free dining.

Ok, so we got our DVD in the mail a few days ago, and at this point, my girls think we are going to Disney in 2 years. We however, are going in November. This being our first trip, and that we only have 4 days in the park this time, we were going to spend 2 days in Epcot, and 2 days in MK. Well, after watching the DVD with the girls, they are in love with AK. So now we are going to do 1 day in Epcot, 1 in AK and 2 in MK. I haven't done any research on good meals, or character breakfasts or dinners in AK.. Anyone have suggestions?? My girls will be 8, 8, and 6 when we take our trip..TIA!:worship:
We love Tusker House!!! And we really like AK, too. I just enjoy walking around and the music they pump in.

Me!! Nov 6 to 11 at Boardwalk Villas for Wine and Dine 1/2!
gotcha!

:wave2: Saw this thread..so I figured I would stop in!! Our Spring, turned Summer, turned Jersey Week :rotfl: We will be there Nov.1 to 8th staying at Poly SV :cool1: I absolutely can't wait. I've made several trips splitting with US/IoA, just hubs and I, myself and DDs...but this is our first week long all 7 of us WDW trip since 2009 :cheer2:

Hoping there is the last MNSSHP on Nov 1st!!! And of course looking forward to F&W :cool2:
welcome :welcome:

and welcome to smallblackstars as well! :welcome:

Hi everyone! Just got back on Feb 2nd from WDW and booked a bounceback for Nov 17th thru Nov 23. This week is the full week before thanksgiving and we would be out of there the Sat before. Wondering for any Disney veterans out there, how the week before compares to the week after.Would love to see Christmas decorations and go to Christmas Party. I know there is more at Epcot the week after thanksgiving, but DD's birthday is on Nov 19th and it is the actual first year her birthday does not run literally into Thanksgiving week. Would love to have her turn six out there. ..........Question is, since Thanksgiving is later this year, do you think more resort decorations would be up during the week of 11/17-11/23 or do they still wait until after Thanksgiving? I do not need to go to CP in Epcot but care more about seeing resorts decorated especially WL Tree Osborne Lights. Also, the bounceback I got was for the whole week of 11/17 thru 11/23 and if I picked the week after Thanksgiving, the bouceback goes 11/30 only until 12/4 and then you pay regular the rest of the week. There is also a charter plane leaving a direct flight from my hometown airport that same week of 11/17. I keep hearing the week after Thanksgiving is less crowded and I can tell you the end of Jan is supposed to be less crowded too and there is no way the week I was out there that the crowd levels were 2 or 3's. It was CROWDED.....Anyone ever go the full week before and be out of park by the Sat BEFORE thanksgiving?

mklovesdisney,
We have gone the week before Thanksgiving 2 times and this coming year will be our 3rd. We love this week!! The crowds have been low to moderate both times we have gone. The weather has been really nice to. Usually in the 70's. Also both times we have gone Christmas decorations have been up by the middle of the week. We stay at the WL and the decorations are AMAZING!!!

mklovesdisney,
We have gone the week before Thanksgiving 2 times and this coming year will be our 3rd. We love this week!! The crowds have been low to moderate both times we have gone. The weather has been really nice to. Usually in the 70's. Also both times we have gone Christmas decorations have been up by the middle of the week. We stay at the WL and the decorations are AMAZING!!!

THANK YOU! I really hope to see the Wilderness Lodge Lobby more than anything else. I am thinking the crowds can't be more than what we endured last week. :)

I just now saw this thread! We are going November 16-23 and have booked a townhouse at Windsor Hills! I can't wait to catch up on the thread!

Hi everyone!

First of all I would like to give a huge, excited 'yaaaaaayy!!' for everyone who will be enjoying Walt Disney World in November, I'm sure you are all as excited as I am to be visiting Mickey and co later this year! :)

I will be flying out on the 17th November and coming home on the 6th December, I cannot wait!! With me will be my wonderful little princess (she will have not long turned 4 when we go!) who cannot wait to get back to WDW and my other half who is coming for the first time ever!!! It has taken me over 2 years to talk him into it but he finally cracked when our little darling looked him in the eye, little tears coming to her face and said 'please daddy, I want you to come on the pirate ship (Pirates of the Caribbean) with me to sing the song!!' Heehee!! We are staying at POFQ and decided to go for the free DDP offered with the package, I have never stayed at this resort or done the DDP before so it's all very exciting!

I am so excited about my holiday and can't wait for the MVMCP dates to be released so I can start planning properly!! Woohooo!!!

Welcome! I think you will like POFQ. The pool should be perfect for your dd. The waterslide is for younger children. There is only one bus stop to deal with and nothing is too far from the lobby/food court. We had a beautiful garden view corner room when we stayed 3 yrs ago in Bldg 2. I hope your dh loves it, too! We are taking a good family friend(34) and she likes some disney movies but not much else disney and we assured her that she'll love it anyway! Now that your dd is old enough, I highly recommend Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. You can book 6 months ahead. My dd just loved the experience of transforming into a princess and then eating at Akershus(Norway in Epcot) one year and then Cinderella's Royal Table last year. Have fun making all your plans! Christine

I just now saw this thread! We are going November 16-23 and have booked a townhouse at Windsor Hills! I can't wait to catch up on the thread!

Welcome! :welcome:

and mklovesdisney, welcome aboard as well!!! Your name seems familiar, so we must have commented together a couple of times. :) Where are you staying?

Welcome! :welcome:

and mklovesdisney, welcome aboard as well!!! Your name seems familiar, so we must have commented together a couple of times. :) Where are you staying?[/

Thank you for the warm welcome! I belonged to the November 2012 FB page when I was supposed to go last year, maybe you were on that as well. :) And I have been on here a few times, we are staying at the Polynesian. It will be just my DH and DS who will be 18 this time and DD who will turn 6 on the trip if we do stick with week prior to Thanksgiving instead of week after... This past January we went out with my sister and mother as well.

Ok, so for the vets out there, I have a question. I know they do pin trading in the parks. Is Ebay a good place to buy a lot of pins, that I don't really care about, so my girls will have some to trade? Has anyone done this before? I'm just trying to figure out what the best way is.

Thank you for the warm welcome Pokanos! Your little mini review of POFQ actually made me squeak resulting in a very confused 3 year old and a raised eyebrow from DH!! Hahahaha!

Now that your dd is old enough, I highly recommend Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

When I was over in March with DD and my mum, although she was only just almost 2 1/2 at the time, we were approached by a FGIT when we were standing watching all the little girls getting their makeovers and she asked us if DD would like a makeover. We explained she was under 3 but they said it would be ok, I was so tempted but as we had just bought her 4 princess dresses between us we decided against it and took her to get her face painted and she wore her new Tinkerbell dress for the rest of the day and we thought nothing of it. As we went to walk back to our room at Saratoga Springs she started crying and when asked what was wrong she said 'Why are we not go to the 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique'?' We told her she was too little but everyday since then she asks me, 'Mummy, am I a big girl now? Can I go to be Belle at the 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique'!!!' Hahaha! I am so looking forward to seeing her have this experience, I think there may even be a few (hundred) tears from me! All I need to do is get her to pronounce it properly but as she has been saying 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique' everyday for so long now it seems habits are hard to break! :D

I saw someone mention a FB page, is there anyway I could join that at all? Or is it just a page I need to 'like'?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter