Official NASHVILLE Discussion Thread

I know. Ugh! I wouldn't of known if someone hadn't told me and I checked the guide.

I know maybe by the finale.

That would make an excellent finale - talk about a cliffhanger! :eek: Let's just hope it gets picked up for next season.

I"m watching! More than that: I'm hanging on every word and drooling over Deacon! Man, what a guy.

I was so wrong about Dante being a decent guy. What a tool. How dare he fire Avery like that! URGH! I was hoping that Juliette would invite Avery to open for her. That would have made for some good music!

I'm watching too.
As much as I don't like Avery, I would have loved to see him open for Juliette.
and Dante! What a sleaze. I felt bad for Julianne, she obviously realized that her recovery was threatened when her "sober coach" was giving all his attention to the ice queen. I only see that going bad!

Deacon and Rayna! Love them....

What about the new guy hanging around Scarlett and Gunner, can't remember his name? Thoughts? I'm not sure what his motive is! DH said he's way too pretty to be a country singer. lol

Looking forward to seeing Teddy go down....don't like him either.

I'm watching too! (I'd watch anything Connie Britton was in.) I feel like the show has lost its steam a little bit the last few eps, and I'm hoping that the summer hiatus will let them reorganize. I think that it's suffered by being originally only ordered for 13 episodes and then picked up for the rest, which has messed with pacing. But I very much hope it's picked up for another season, which is quite probable. (The extra money Nashville rakes in from its songs certainly helps, as does the pretty terrible crop of pilots for next year.)

A big portion of my critique is that so many of the problems in the past few episodes are so clearly manufactured and so easily resolved. Take Scarlett's audition for Rayna, which drove me around the bend. How hard would it be to say, "my writing partner just suffered a death in the family; could we reschedule?" It's not like Scarlett hasn't met Rayna, or like her very favorite uncle isn't Rayna's Long Lost Love, and even if it were a cold audition, it would be worth mentioning. Instead, Gunnar looks like a flake, Scarlett gets the solo act, and then we have a lot of mooning around about how difficult it is. It's absolutely contrived, and in a show that has a lot of wonderful, honest moments (as well as big, campy fun ones), it played flat and stupid. I do love the show, but I think it's better than this.

That said, my reaction to the episode was that there was a lot of swimming in place. Not particularly much happened, either in terms of character development or plot--lots of people being predictable. Nashville is at its best when it's focusing on the music, which was very much missing from this episode.

As for hot-neighbor-Will, I was sure that his gross pick-up lines were a defensive cover for being gay, which I thought would actually be interesting. (Nashville is still a very macho place, and watching it confront the modern world can be pretty compelling.) Instead, we have stupid boys doing stupid boy things.

More moments like Rayna and Deacon meeting in the hospital. Fewer moments with gross sober coaches. Onward and upward!

A big portion of my critique is that so many of the problems in the past few episodes are so clearly manufactured and so easily resolved. Take Scarlett's audition for Rayna, which drove me around the bend. How hard would it be to say, "my writing partner just suffered a death in the family; could we reschedule?" It's not like Scarlett hasn't met Rayna, or like her very favorite uncle is Rayna's Long Lost Love, and even if it were a cold audition, it would be worth mentioning. Instead, Gunnar looks like a flake, Scarlett gets the solo act, and then we have a lot of mooning around about how difficult it is. It's absolutely contrived, and in a show that has a lot of wonderful, honest moments (as well as big, campy fun ones), it played flat and stupid. I do love the show, but I think it's better than this.

As for hot-neighbor-Will, I was sure that his gross pick-up lines were a defensive cover for being gay, which I thought would actually be interesting. (Nashville is still a very macho place, and watching it confront the modern world can be pretty compelling.) Instead, we have stupid boys doing stupid boy things.

Re: the first paragraph, I totally agree and thought the same thing. Makes no sense.

Re: the second paragraph, my first thought last week was that he was gay. Then I got this idea into my head that he was prison with Gunnar's brother and actually has something to do with his murder. He is trying to get close to Gunnar and he's going to try and kill him, too. Some imagine, huh? ;) Seriously, I don't know, but there is something more to that story.

I think we may find out that Will is getting close to Gunnar and Scarlett to somehow get ahead and a recording contract.

Or maybe he's just a new nice guy. Hard to tell.

I think we may find out that Will is getting close to Gunnar and Scarlett to somehow get ahead and a recording contract.

Or maybe he's just a new nice guy. Hard to tell.

He seems super gay to me. Just sayin' :lmao:

And no, you are not the only ones watching, I just can't ever read anything because I am on the West Coast and don't want spoilers :thumbsup2

They better pick it up for a new season, I will be so upset if they don't. :furious:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter