Official Miami Port Information Thread-5/1 update

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NWmom, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Dhew79

Dhew79 Earning My Ears

We are leaving from Miami and I am looking to stay at a hotel near Miami or Ft. Lauderdale that has 2 bedrooms. I've only have seen that the Hyatt house has 2bedrooms and they have a location in both places. Has anyone ever stayed there before or have another idea?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

Does Disney Cruise Line run a bus from WDW hotels to the Port of Miami? We're thinking of doing the May 6th WBPC and would like to spend a few days in WDW if it's feasible. One way car rentals are usually exorbitantly priced.

4. fredgirls

fredgirls DIS Veteran

No Disney bus from WDW to Miami. When we thought about flying into orlando for our miami cruise we looked at one-way rental and it wasn't bad at all. Worth a look.

added: Just looked up an Avis quote from MCO to MIA for our dates and it was $60. bet you could get for less with some searching. :-)

5. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

Ok, thx. Maybe the one way rate in this case isn't so bad because the cars tend to make the round trip anyway. :thumbsup2

6. Seahunt

Seahunt DIS Veteran

I will be staying there tomorrow prior to an NCL cruise and will ask for you. But it will probably be a week until I can give you their answer because I'm planning on a technology free cruise. No computers, no emails, no phones - ugh, hope I make it through the week LOL :laughing:

I will try and take lots of hotel pictures, and get hotel area info, and will post that too . :thumbsup2

7. Sharkmeister

Sharkmeister Mouseketeer

Thanks Seahunt. I am happy with our choice of hotels. We will also have plenty of time in the morning to get to the Port.
    Have a wonderful cruise.

8. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for this; we got a room for the four of us there with a AAA rate for just over $100 a night. I love that we get breakfast and free shuttles from the airport and to the port, plus a pool for the buffer day we planned in case our flights go awry.

9. hardingk

hardingk DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Are you sure this includes transfers back to the hotel after the cruise? I just see transfers from the airport to hotel and to the pier, not back.

10. ZoeBell

ZoeBell Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me where I find the car rental shuttle at the port? Is there a certain place to stand after getting off the ship? I need to take the Alamo shuttle back to MIA for a pickup.

BTW one way rentals really are the way to go. And keep checking the prices. Mine keep going down. Even went down again this morning and I'm renting tomorrow.

One other question what terminal is Disney using?

11. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

I have no idea because it wasn't relevant to my planning. We are on the WBPC and therefore will be disembarking in Los Angeles. :D

ETA: Next to the Port of Miami entry under local business, the hotel website says "Courtesy Transportation available from 12:00am to 12:00am." It says the same thing under the airport entry, so I'm assuming for those who need it it's both ways. http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-...sstate=&type=&sradius=&sstate_country=&scity=

12. JJ71

JJ71 Earning My Ears

It sounds like we're on the same cruise. We're flying out of FLL at 1230pm. Disney recommends departing flights for noon or later, and probably add 30 mins for FLL.

13. GreenMonster12

GreenMonster12 Earning My Ears

We're staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, flying in to FLL the night before. We stayed there for our RCCL cruise in September and it was great. You can see the ships come in and is a $10 cab ride to the port. We paid $130 plus tax advance purchase rate for the hotel. Looking forward to it.

14. penel3

penel3 Disney World Addict since 1994

Hi all, we are at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North right now...leaving on the Wonder tomorrow morning!! So far, the hotel is very nice, clean and quiet. We arrived early, early this morning and even though we couldn't check in (were here at 9:30 am) they invited us to relax by the pool, help ourselves to the complimentary breakfast, etc. It was very nice! We were supposed to take the shuttle to the Port tomorrow, but it doesn't even leave here until 11:30-11:45. We are in Cat T so can check in and get on boat as soon as boarding starts, so we are opting to take a taxi instead of the shuttle. The front desk has said it will be approximately $25, and take about 20 minutes. I hope this review has helped someone out there!!

15. hardingk

hardingk DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Thank you!!

16. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

You should ask them why their website says 24 hour shuttle to the port. ;)

17. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

When we went out of Miami on 12/23, we were going to stay at a hotel with the free shuttle. We were also told the pick ups to the port were after 11 am because before then they are all at the port picking up those getting off the ships.

The shuttles do run all day, just not on demand. Taxis are plentiful and cheap.

Nancy

18. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Plentiful, maybe, but not cheap for a family of ten. :D

19. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Anyone know what a taxi from port to FLL is? Weighing our debarkation day options here, not sure if we will rent car one way, get shuttle, what we will do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

20. Trep72

Trep72 Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

I googled the following: "taxi rates from port of miami to FLL" and came up with this:

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami

If you put in from PoM to FLL, the estimated fare is $60.17, without tip.

Hope this helps.

21. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Any drivers? Question is regarding pay-by-tag and pre registering to avoid the fee. No point in getting a sun pass as I doubt we will go south if Orlando any time soon after this trip...

We are staying at the Hampton in blue lagoon. But since we are staying with points, I will park at the port. That said, is the port parking garage?