Official L Word Thread

Viki said:
OK, tell me who each of those actresses plays on the show - I am really bad with names!

Oh, sure! I'm sorry! Laurel Holloman plays Tina and Mia Kushner is Jenny. Oh...and Marina (Karina Lombard) from the first season is apparently bi, as well.

MickeyDee said:
Oh, sure! I'm sorry! Laurel Holloman plays Tina and Mia Kushner is Jenny. Oh...and Marina (Karina Lombard) from the first season is apparently bi, as well.

Oh my goodness, Marina! She looks just like my first "wife," only brunnette instead of blonde. I miss the heck out of her (Marina, not my first wife - although she was a really terrific person, and deserving of being missed!).

2.5 more hours and I can watch the L word, I can't wait!

Bet and Tina are too weird with the kid! And Alice is WAY over the top with the Dana thing!!! Jenny's new girlfriend is total butch. I laughed when her stepfather caught them and yelled about her having a "man" in the house!!! Did you catch Shane in that dress?????? TOO FUNNY!!!!!! They must have laughed their arses off rehersing that!!!

airhead said:
Bet and Tina are too weird with the kid! And Alice is WAY over the top with the Dana thing!!! Jenny's new girlfriend is total butch. I laughed when her stepfather caught them and yelled about her having a "man" in the house!!! Did you catch Shane in that dress?????? TOO FUNNY!!!!!! They must have laughed their arses off rehersing that!!!

Ditto to all of the above and I was so hungry for it I watched it 1 1/2 times (fell asleep half-way through the second turn). It really is about time they get a "butch" on this show; I get that's not glam for a lot of folk, but it sure is for me and aside from Alien2 repeats, I just don't get that many opportunities to drool! I still didn't get a good look at her with all that film noir thing going on and I hate that she's with Jen (who is just too whacked for me), but on this show that shouldn't last too long.

Spoiler below in case someone hasn't yet watched the show.

:flower:

:flower:

:sunny:

:cool1:

airhead said:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Momma B and Momma T :rotfl2: how funny is that! I've never even heard of attachment parenting, it doesn't look like it is going to work out, and that social worker was a total butt, could she be anymore of a witch?

I feel bad for Alice, but geez, she is going crazy. Maybe here and Helena really will end up together and be happy, but to be honest I'm still angry at Helena from last season. (Can you tell I hold grudges?)

Jenny's character is always way out there, it wasn't too bad tonight, that woman is like super duper butch, we were like wow :scared1: can you get anymore butch, I don't think anything will happen with them though.

Shane in a dress was funny, but what's up with her hair? I like it last season, the curls are too much.

I don't know what I think about Dana and Laura, they were happy together before everything with down before, maybe this happened for the best, but of course, someone has ended it hurt, it's always risky when you date your best friend.

I can't wait for next week.

I have to admit that I just started last season getting hooked on The L Word, and I missed some episodes. (because we don't have Showtime) but I am hooked!! And last night we started a new tradition with some friends who live just a few blocks from us and have Showtime. It's called "The L Word Pajama Party!" We went over in our PJ's, popped some corn, and watched! Then when we get home, we're ready for bed! :rolleyes: I can see this becoming a habit!
And so that said...

Oh, poor, poor Alice!! What have they done?!?!?!
She switched with Jenny! Jenny seems to be dealing with her issues and doing better so far.

And I agree about Shane's hair. It was funny that they even made a joke about it though! ("Well who does YOUR hair?!?!" LOL)

And yes, Bet & Tina need to get a grip with that whole "attachment parenting" thing!! Not only would they be setting themselves up for misery later in life (can you say spoiled-rotten BRAT?!?!?) But they would also be pretty much dissolving all hopes of the second-parent adoption by seemingly going out of their way to be so unconventional.

Anyway, so I guess I should get back to work...

-Christal

I don't know...I was kinda disappointed last night. The Alice thing was sooooo way over the top! And I'm so bummed out that didn't get rid of that ridiculous theme song! (Sorry! I can't STAND BETTY! Bah!)

I did laugh over the whole Shane in the dress thing. That was pretty funny. Other than that, it was just pretty bland. Of course, I'll keep watching though...and hopefully things will get a little more spicy as the season progresses!

I like the theme song.

MickeyDee said:
I don't know...I was kinda disappointed last night. The Alice thing was sooooo way over the top! And I'm so bummed out that didn't get rid of that ridiculous theme song! (Sorry! I can't STAND BETTY! Bah!)

I did laugh over the whole Shane in the dress thing. That was pretty funny. Other than that, it was just pretty bland. Of course, I'll keep watching though...and hopefully things will get a little more spicy as the season progresses!

We watched it last night, and were disappointed. The first season was the best in my opinion, because it focused on the characters, and not these wild story lines. One other suggestion - fire the cast's hairstylist asap! :eek: ;)

Hey everyone!!

We too we disapointed with the episode..
Too many --huhs????

The whole thing with Kit going to her Son for a medical exam?? She wasnt even that close to him last year, and now she sees him for med advice?? weird..

Bette freaking out over a triangle, and swearing at a children's group, weird...

Alice freaking out- that was weird, and Helena is her best friend now?? I thought no one liked Helena other than Tina....

Oh well, we will continue to watch... it is funny.... :)

Hey, hey the gang's all here!

I must say that even though I watch every episode and will continue to do, the show keeps getting worse and worse. A car chase :confused3
Perhaps I am alone on this one, but I really loved last year's slick look and will miss the designer duds and eye candy. (Well there is always Carmen :sunny: )

I am almost certain this will be the last season for our ladies.

But as I said, I will keep watching and supporting and am constantly amazed that such a show flourishes. And...mad props to Mia Kirshner, my hometown girl! She has created a character that infuriates me and remind me of many alternatively petulant, confused, self-indulgent, scared, brave and defiant girls I have come across in College.

BTW, us poor Canadians are still on Season 2 (Showtime does not broadcast in the land of Molson and Moose Ale) so I have to download the new episodes on EDonkey on Monday mornings!!!

I just really dont' get why they made Alice into a complete nut job. I mean, she was a little "off" in the first 2 seasons, but come on!

I might actually like Jenny this season. Loved how she really stuck it to her stepdad when he caught her with "a man" in her room.

I agree that they need a new hairstylist on the show. Shane and curly hair is not a good combo.

They sure didn't start the season off on a good foot, LOL. Here's to hoping the rest of the season is better.

joanjett1976 said:
Hey, hey the gang's all here!

BTW, us poor Canadians are still on Season 2 (Showtime does not broadcast in the land of Molson and Moose Ale) so I have to download the new episodes on EDonkey on Monday mornings!!!

You mean we could've saved our money and downloaded all the episodes instead of paying for showtime for the entire year :rotfl: ? Nothing good comes on that channel but the L Word!

mickeem said:
Hey everyone!!

We too we disapointed with the episode..
Too many --huhs????

The whole thing with Kit going to her Son for a medical exam?? She wasnt even that close to him last year, and now she sees him for med advice?? weird..

Bette freaking out over a triangle, and swearing at a children's group, weird...

Alice freaking out- that was weird, and Helena is her best friend now?? I thought no one liked Helena other than Tina....

Oh well, we will continue to watch... it is funny.... :)

Parents get really protective over their kid. I've seen many parents go crazy over their kid not getting what they wanted them to get (I teach preschool, I see it everyday) After last weeks episode, I was so weirded out that I googled attachment parenting.

Helena was a total witch last season, I too, can't believe Alice and her and talking and possibly hooking up. Good Grief!

...what the last scene was about??? Someone(I think it was Tina,not sure)
was typing on th computer(Lindsey and BigDaddy???) What was that about??

Shane in a dress with a weave-do and high heels?????? I don't think so,not even for love!!

I'm not liking this season too much. The writers are ruining the characters,taking them in directions totally off the wall!

From what I could spy the last scene was indeed Tina exploring the possibilities of internet sex. I really don't get it. But apparently THAT'S the problem - Bet and Tina haven't been getting any either - they've been too busy with bottles, diapers, attachment parenting, adoption issues, and all the unresolved issues they still haven't resolved. So the last two scenes have Bet at a seminar listening to how her desires should be bigger and better and then Tina sitting at her computer with at least some desire, but acting it out with somebody else. I'm not sure whether the "Daddy" handle is important or not - some bi inclinations of Tina's part that she's acting out?

As far as the season is concerned, I guess I'm just too easy. I simple love the fact that we have this show. I watched it twice again.

I know I'll continue to watch it,but I just think the writing could be better.
That whole Jennie/Moira story line is eeeewwwwww to me. I think both characters are skanky.

Oh goodness, Shane in a dress, heels and a weave, too funny! Then Alice returning all the toys to Dana unwashed. And what the deal, is tina going to go out and get some from a guy? :faint: this season is way out there. Hope they start to clear the Bette and Tina thing up and Alice finds love.

ETA: Kit's son was a total jerk for saying that in front of the social worker.

Still not sure about this season... I will watch , and continue to hope it gets better..
But yes, as a lot of you have said, These stories are way out there...
There isnt any explanation into any of these stories... Since this is supposed to go from week to week, I usually like to know whats going on...
Like when they stuck Kit's son in there, with no explanation, all of a sudden he's the baby's best bud?? This is turning in a mystery!! lol...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter