~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

One of my favorite Hidden Mickey's is the one in the queue of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Its the one on the picture of the world, a profile view of Mickey. There are a ton in Philharmagic that I like too! My family loves using the Hidden Mickey book to pass time while waiting in long queues.

I've made a few changes to our schedule, so I thought you might want to update the main page...

Sat. 27--AK; dinner still at Ohana at 7:50
Sun. 28--RD at HS; break; evening at MK, keeping Be Our Guest at 8:40
Mon. 29--Blizzard Beach; resort break; Epcot, Teppan Edo at 7:20
Tues. 30--RD at MK--stay ALL day (quick serve lunch at BOG--my parents will meet us this day so I want them to see this part); Liberty Tree Tavern at 8 PM
Wed. 31--RD at EP--lunch break at 12:45 at Coral Reef; HS in the afternoon until second Fantasmic show (my parents will be with us this day as well)
Thurs. Aug. 1--Downtown Disney (DisneyQuest)/Typhoon Lagoon/resort (Yacht Club)--maybe eat at Beaches and Cream???
Fri. 2--Cinderella's Royal Table at 9:05; save day to park hop; tour resorts; revisit favorites

We have 7 day park hoppers with water parks. If we don't visit a park on Thursday, and we plan to leave on Saturday (3rd), would you recommend visiting a park that morning prior to departure? We will drive, so we won't have to worry about catching a bus to the airport, but I'm a little concerned about being exhausted for the drive home. What are your thoughts? It was only $50 more to jump from a 6 to a 7 day ticket, so with a party of 5, we were looking at $10 per person for one extra day regarding how much (or little) we get accomplished!

Thanks for your input...

Favorite Hidden Mickey:

A pile of rocks shaped like a Mickey head in The Living Seas aquarium. And my other fav, on the Viking ship on the wall of Norway. ( I am a bit of a Viking fanatic, so I spend alot of time in Norway. ):goodvibes

I have plans to add!

July 10 - Be Our Guest and MK all day
JULY 11 - EPCOT all day, dinner at ROSE AND CROWN ( my inlaws request)
JULY 13 AK half day
JULY 14th House of Blues and DTD
JULY 16th Holywood Studios in the evening and dinner at PRIME TIME.

Thats all I got. Trying to please everyone has proved to be challenging. But doable.

I have everything updated! :thumbsup2

Hi!

I just found this thread!:thumbsup2

I'll try reading it through over the next week.
I am a math teacher for grades K - 5. I teach math to about 700 students each week- like a special.

I am staying at AKV- Kidani from July 13th - July 20th.:banana:

My ADR's are :
7/14 Teppan Edo
7/15 Akershus
7/16 Hollyood & Vine Fantasmic dinner
7/17 Crystal Palace- 8:05AM! Jiko for dinner
7/18 Boma
7/19 Wishes Dessert Party

We'll be celebrating 3 birthdays while we're there.

What is the "yes Program" for saving money on tickets??

Can't wait to be there!!:love:

:welcome: I added everything to the list on page 1. :thumbsup2 I didn't know exact times for most so I wasn't sure whether they were breakfast or dinner for some like Boma or Akershus.

Here is my schedule so far-

7/13 MK Hopefully Be Our Guest for CS lunch :cool1:
7/14 Epcot EMH- MK
7/15 AM- MK PM- Epcot
7/16 HS
7/17 AM- MK PM- AKV pool
7/18 AK
7/19 AM- AK or HS PM pool Night- Wishes dessert party
7/20 Whatever we want to do more of before our evening flight home :sad:

Got it! :thumbsup2

I've made a few changes to our schedule, so I thought you might want to update the main page...

Sat. 27--AK; dinner still at Ohana at 7:50
Sun. 28--RD at HS; break; evening at MK, keeping Be Our Guest at 8:40
Mon. 29--Blizzard Beach; resort break; Epcot, Teppan Edo at 7:20
Tues. 30--RD at MK--stay ALL day (quick serve lunch at BOG--my parents will meet us this day so I want them to see this part); Liberty Tree Tavern at 8 PM
Wed. 31--RD at EP--lunch break at 12:45 at Coral Reef; HS in the afternoon until second Fantasmic show (my parents will be with us this day as well)
Thurs. Aug. 1--Downtown Disney (DisneyQuest)/Typhoon Lagoon/resort (Yacht Club)--maybe eat at Beaches and Cream???
Fri. 2--Cinderella's Royal Table at 9:05; save day to park hop; tour resorts; revisit favorites

We have 7 day park hoppers with water parks. If we don't visit a park on Thursday, and we plan to leave on Saturday (3rd), would you recommend visiting a park that morning prior to departure? We will drive, so we won't have to worry about catching a bus to the airport, but I'm a little concerned about being exhausted for the drive home. What are your thoughts? It was only $50 more to jump from a 6 to a 7 day ticket, so with a party of 5, we were looking at $10 per person for one extra day regarding how much (or little) we get accomplished!

Thanks for your input...

I changed everything. I assumed things that were not listed anymore were to be deleted. If that wasn't the case, let me know and I will add them back in.

We always use the park on our last day even with a late flight home. Now, driving may be a different story for you. I know when we drove and we went to the parks, I was completely exhausted. I wasn't much use on my part of the driving. I know everyone is different, but I like to just relax at the resort my last day if I am driving home.

Hi!

I just found this thread!:thumbsup2

I'll try reading it through over the next week.
I am a math teacher for grades K - 5. I teach math to about 700 students each week- like a special.

I am staying at AKV- Kidani from July 13th - July 20th.:banana:

My ADR's are :
7/14 Teppan Edo
7/15 Akershus
7/16 Hollyood & Vine Fantasmic dinner
7/17 Crystal Palace- 8:05AM! Jiko for dinner
7/18 Boma
7/19 Wishes Dessert Party

We'll be celebrating 3 birthdays while we're there.

What is the "yes Program" for saving money on tickets??

Can't wait to be there!!:love:

All my ADRs are for dinner- except our early breakfast at CP. Most are between 5 and 6- except for Boma dinner which is at 7:30. We'll be celebrating 2 birthdays that night. :cool1:
Not sure what to do about a cake- because the dessert buffet is awesome at Boma!:yay:

We haven't spent much time at AKV. Anything we NEED to do?? How is the pool at Kidani? Are they both open 24 hours?

Newbie here!

My sister called me last week and offered to take my kids (DS4 and DD11months at time of trip) and me on a trip to WDW this summer. My husband will be out of town and she was going to come up to visit at that time anyway. She said she wanted a vacation and thought it would be fun for me and the kids to go. The only stipulation was that I had to plan everything (my favorite thing to do!) She hasn't been in 15 years, so I've tried to fit in as much as I can and keep to the "Most Recommended" parks as I could. I booked our ADRs before I even booked the trip and was glad to get what we wanted! I was surprised I was able to book the Pirates & Pals cruise so close, but very happy! Hoping DS still fits his Peter Pan costume from his party last December to wear! We are renting a car and will be doing naps each afternoon in the room.

Dates: June 30-July 6
Resort: POR - Staying in a Royal Guest Room - Standard View
June 30: late arrival
July 1: Epcot until before dinner, then head to Contemporary Resort for dinner and cruise
9:30am breakfast Akershus, 6:45pm dinner The Wave, 8:45 Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise
July 2:HS maybe all day, maybe try to go to DD and hit Splitsville if we can that evening.
12:20 lunch Hollywood & Vine
July 3: MK all day
4:20 dinner LTT
July 4:AK most of day, EP for dinner and fireworks
6:55 dinner at Garden Grill
July 5: MK through dinner, then HS for Fantasmic
6:35pm dinner LTT (yes, twice. We like it.)
July 6: leave :(
So nice to not have a long wait before we go! 46 days!

Newbie here!

My sister called me last week and offered to take my kids (DS4 and DD11months at time of trip) and me on a trip to WDW this summer. My husband will be out of town and she was going to come up to visit at that time anyway. She said she wanted a vacation and thought it would be fun for me and the kids to go. The only stipulation was that I had to plan everything (my favorite thing to do!) She hasn't been in 15 years, so I've tried to fit in as much as I can and keep to the "Most Recommended" parks as I could. I booked our ADRs before I even booked the trip and was glad to get what we wanted! I was surprised I was able to book the Pirates & Pals cruise so close, but very happy! Hoping DS still fits his Peter Pan costume from his party last December to wear! We are renting a car and will be doing naps each afternoon in the room.

July 1: Epcot until before dinner, then head to Contemporary Resort for dinner and cruise
9:30am breakfast Akershus, 6:45pm dinner The Wave, 8:45 Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise
July 2:HS maybe all day, maybe try to go to DD and hit Splitsville if we can that evening.

Welcome aboard - 46 days WOW!!! :thumbsup2 You and your family are so close...Glad to have you on the July thread.

All my ADRs are for dinner- except our early breakfast at CP. Most are between 5 and 6- except for Boma dinner which is at 7:30. We'll be celebrating 2 birthdays that night. :cool1:
Not sure what to do about a cake- because the dessert buffet is awesome at Boma!:yay:

We haven't spent much time at AKV. Anything we NEED to do?? How is the pool at Kidani? Are they both open 24 hours?

I will change the info later this afternoon. Work calls.

We have stayed at Kidani numerous times. My kids love the community center. The pool is very nice. Has a little splash area and the pool has two slides. My kids really enjoyed it.

Newbie here!

:welcome: Looks like we'll be neighbors since my family is staying at POR- Royal rooms the same time! Did you request a specific building? We put ours in for Oak Manor.

Funny story, my roommate and I were talking about the powerball and what we would do with the 400 million. Well my first responce was to change my Disney vacation from POR to club level at the Polynesian.

So if could hijack the question of the day, if you won the powerball how would you change your Disney vacation?

Funny story, my roommate and I were talking about the powerball and what we would do with the 400 million. Well my first responce was to change my Disney vacation from POR to club level at the Polynesian.

So if could hijack the question of the day, if you won the powerball how would you change your Disney vacation?

We would be staying for longer... Bringing a mothers helper so we can do dinner by ourselves a few times... We'd try out the VIP tours.... Illuminations cruise and wishes dessert party... Pretty much do it up!!! And pay for our families to come too!

:welcome: Looks like we'll be neighbors since my family is staying at POR- Royal rooms the same time! Did you request a specific building? We put ours in for Oak Manor.

I did not request a specific building. Going to let the magic decide!

45 days! I'm love my Days Until app! I'm changing the background picture on the countdown to our trip to a different Disney picture everyday and texting it to my sister. Today is Peter Pan and Wendy on the stage in front of the castle.

QOTD: I would definitely pay my sister back for our part of the trip. She is paying for everything and I feel guilty. I did convince her to let me pay for the mani & pedi we are having before we leave. Well...that is something else I'd add. A spa treatment while there!

I would stay another week- at Poly or Grand Floridian club level.
I would also book a spa treatment and eat at Victoria & Albert's.

If I won the powerball, there would be no more "Disney vacations".

Because the first thing I would do would be to buy a very VERY large vacation home in the Orlando area, Buy Disney season passes for my entire family, and toggle between our Boathouse and our beach house....Hey a girl can dream right?

If I won the powerball, there would be no more "Disney vacations".

Because the first thing I would do would be to buy a very VERY large vacation home in the Orlando area, Buy Disney season passes for my entire family, and toggle between our Boathouse and our beach house....Hey a girl can dream right?

:thumbsup2 Right on! We'll have another chance to win the ginormous Powerball jackpot this Saturday. "A dream is a wish your heart makes".pixiedust:

lfortin16 said:
I would stay another week- at Poly or Grand Floridian club level.
I would also book a spa treatment and eat at Victoria & Albert's.

Oh yeah! I would a absolutely try to book V&A chef' table too!

Question of the day - I would give half to DD Church School and Church and THEN I would take all of you and your family on a Disney Cruise...:cool1:

[QUOTE="lisatav;48414016"

So if could hijack the question of the day, if you won the powerball how would you change your Disney vacation?[/QUOTE]

We would switch from FQ to club level at the GF for the first week the castle view at the Contempery. Eat at restaurants we normally don't eat at. Maybe a couple tours. We would also fly down instead of drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter