OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK -- here's a topic of conversation for anyone interested.

I ordered (and already received in the mail) our new Crocs for this trip. Still trying to find a one-piece bathing suit for my older daughter for the water park, and I just bought another bathing suit for myself.

Next up, daytime wardrobe (one of my favorite things -- I love to shop!).

My girls will wear shorts and t-shirts. DH will wear shorts and t-shirts. On our last trip, I wore khaki shorts and a white shirt every day (made it really easy to pack/mix and match my wardrobe, LOL). But it does get really hot in July! I'm thinking this time about taking some casual skirts instead -- Old Navy has some really cute knee-length skirts right now that have a gathered, elastic waistband and ruffle at the bottom. The fabric is a light cotton and they look really comfortable and cute. I'm wondering if skirts would be cooler and breathe better than the shorts did.

On our last trip, I saw a lot of people wearing cute skirts and sundresses. What are your thoughts? I realize that, obviously, wearing a skirt means being careful about how/where you sit, but I can manage that.

So what do you take for YOU to wear?

I mostly wear capri pants.

That way you don't stick on seats and in a way it keep me cooler.

Anyone else sitting here drumming their fingers waiting on July hours??? I am so anxious for these to be released!!!!!

I actually wear shorts and it's the only time I ever do. (I don't wear shorts at home in the summer, mostly I wear the skirts you were talking about.) I think shorts are good because it's a little amount of clothing. Skirts MIGHT be uncomfortable beacuse your thighs might rub together, especially if it's so hot AND think about getting in and out of ride vehicles...ones that you really have to step down into or step up out of, like Test Track. I don't want to have to be constantly thinking about pullling a Britney.

As far as tops with my shorts, I have about 87 Old Navy ribbed tank tops in all different colors and that ALL I wear. I just find the color that matches the shorts I'm wearing that day and there's my outfit!

Examples:

Yello Tank...
108055100_2352.JPG

White Tank...
108055100_2630.JPG

Brown Tank...
108055100_2552-B.JPG

Dark Blue Tank...
108055100_2368.JPG

I could go on and on!! Seriously...one in every color...

I just booked our July trip with the 4/3 deal, staying at CSR from 7/22 to 7/29! :banana:

My DW and I had been talking about celebrating our anniversary (8th!) with a trip to visit Mickey. We've been going back and forth about the exact dates, but with the clock ticking on the 4/3 deal, we decided to make the call this morning. This will be our first time flying together and using Magical Express, as well as our first time on property outside of Fort Wilderness.

OK -- here's a topic of conversation for anyone interested.

I ordered (and already received in the mail) our new Crocs for this trip. Still trying to find a one-piece bathing suit for my older daughter for the water park, and I just bought another bathing suit for myself.

Next up, daytime wardrobe (one of my favorite things -- I love to shop!).

My girls will wear shorts and t-shirts. DH will wear shorts and t-shirts. On our last trip, I wore khaki shorts and a white shirt every day (made it really easy to pack/mix and match my wardrobe, LOL). But it does get really hot in July! I'm thinking this time about taking some casual skirts instead -- Old Navy has some really cute knee-length skirts right now that have a gathered, elastic waistband and ruffle at the bottom. The fabric is a light cotton and they look really comfortable and cute. I'm wondering if skirts would be cooler and breathe better than the shorts did.

On our last trip, I saw a lot of people wearing cute skirts and sundresses. What are your thoughts? I realize that, obviously, wearing a skirt means being careful about how/where you sit, but I can manage that.

So what do you take for YOU to wear?

I wear a bathing suit daily under a light cotton dress. This way if a breeze comes Im not flashing anyone!

I find that the dress is so much more cozy. Pants make me feel like I am suffocating, I get flub rub from the shorts only... but walking in the dress/skirts...Im fine :)
hth

I just booked our July trip with the 4/3 deal, staying at CSR from 7/22 to 7/29! :banana:

My DW and I had been talking about celebrating our anniversary (8th!) with a trip to visit Mickey. We've been going back and forth about the exact dates, but with the clock ticking on the 4/3 deal, we decided to make the call this morning. This will be our first time flying together and using Magical Express, as well as our first time on property outside of Fort Wilderness.

WOoooo Hoooo! Welcome to our thread! I'm sure you were the only person who was on the phone with CRO this morning NOT calling about FREE DINING!

Hi! I just booked too -- CBR from 7/7 - 7/14 :banana:

I'm a little nervous because usually we have been going in Dec. or Jan. -- haven't been in July since I was a little one. Now I have little ones of my own DD (6) and DS (4), and work around school schedules and a DH who is very reluctant to have EVERYTHING all planned out.

My main plan is to go to parks early, CBR for afternoon pool and naps, and parks late. No dining plans this time -- we've been there, done that with all the character meals on previous trips. Plus we have plenty of Visa reward points to use for meals.

I just hope the crowds are too bad :wizard:

Hi! I just booked too -- CBR from 7/7 - 7/14 :banana:

I'm a little nervous because usually we have been going in Dec. or Jan. -- haven't been in July since I was a little one. Now I have little ones of my own DD (6) and DS (4), and work around school schedules and a DH who is very reluctant to have EVERYTHING all planned out.

My main plan is to go to parks early, CBR for afternoon pool and naps, and parks late. No dining plans this time -- we've been there, done that with all the character meals on previous trips. Plus we have plenty of Visa reward points to use for meals.

I just hope the crowds are too bad :wizard:

HI and welcome!! CBR is my favorite place in the world. We went there at that time last year and if you go to the furthest pool it is always empty. Its espesially good for the kids because you can watch them however I am sure they will want to play in the pirate pool!

At night you can watch the fireworks from Old Port Royale so thats always a plus!!:woohoo:

Which fireworks can you see from Old Port Royale? That would be great!

It's Illuminations! And you can hear them too!! We were in our room early our first night and were watching TV and all of the sudden started hearing loud bangs. After a while, out the door (we were on the second floor), walked around the corner and I could see the fireworks! It was awesome!

Time to join in I guess. We will be on our 3rd WDW trip June 30-July 7 staying at ASMovies. We won our room from LMT, so we will find out just how bad July can be ( We have only went in the first week of Dec!) At this point it is a girls only trip ( and believe me I am scared!!!) Me- Lucinda (41) DD Katie (5) DD Carrie (almost 3)

Time to join in I guess. We will be on our 3rd WDW trip June 30-July 7 staying at ASMovies. We won our room from LMT, so we will find out just how bad July can be ( We have only went in the first week of Dec!) At this point it is a girls only trip ( and believe me I am scared!!!) Me- Lucinda (41) DD Katie (5) DD Carrie (almost 3)

Don't be scared! Girls trips are the best. I do it all the time with my mom :)

Hi y'all, we will be there the last week of July. The 29th is my DD's b-day. She was just hospitalized for a week and I promised her a Disney trip when she got better. We will be staying off site :-)sad1:) with our time share...we need to conserve our funds for our DCL cruise in Jan. We're pretty excited!

So, how hot and crowded does it get in July?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter