Official January 2016!!!

Going for Marathon weekend also-DH is registered for the Dopey. I think he wants to prove to himself that at 64 yo, his marathon+ days aren't behind him. So we're reserved at OKW right now, hoping we can transfer to BCV at 7 months.

Booked at BLT Dec 29-Jan 5. Joining here since the majority of the trip is in January. Looking forward to all the Christmas decorations still being up :)

BFF forever and I are booked......2 weeks at OKW :woohoo:
Both of our birthdays and her retirement celebration. Can't wait!

We are planning on a trip Jan 15 - 24 debating a split trip and maybe renting DVC. This trip will be for our 25th wedding anniversary I am so excited.

Hi!

Booked 12/31 to 1/10! Feeling crazy and hoping we can catch NYE fireworks from somewhere!! We are booked at OKW and will probably try waitlisting part of our stay for BWV! With NYE and the Marathon sandwiched on both sides I'm not going to hold my breath!

I'm still searching for a transportation thread for car rentals. Also, has anyone gone during this particular time frame?

Getting ready to book 1/20/16 to 1/27/16 and I am so excited!!! Haven't been to WDW since 2009. This is a special trip for me and my 13 year old DD. Staying at the POP. Anyone have any insight on weather and crowds? Specifically those tour groups?

Just found out our Daughters Dance studio will be traveling to Disney. Looking forward to our 1st January trip 1/13-1/18/2016. Now we wait for our 7 month window to open. Hoping for the Poly!!

Joining in! I literally got back this afternoon from an amazing 8 day trip but itching to plan our next trip for the WDW Half! :tiptoe:

Lissette

In the early planning stages right now, we're looking at 1/15-20 or 1/19-24. We'll be staying off site using rewards points, kind of bummed about that, but free is free :)

Just booked January 23-31. Booked the whole trip with Starwood points at the Swan and United miles for the flights so the trip is basically free :) can't wait!

I just booked our week at Shades of Green! We will be there 1/16-23!! This will be our first trip down as a family and I haven't been down since I was in middle school! I can't wait...so excited.

Planning on squeezing in one final trip before our AP's expire for the year!

Just me and my youngest --- AOA Little Mermaid is our first choice!

January 19-28

Oh! And her birthday is the 25th so we'll be celebrating that in style! :)

Last edited:
Early planning for a January trip. Trying to maximize the value of our APs. A TA has a great rate at Contemporary. Never been in January. Never stayed at CR.

I know we won't be swimming. If you've been in January, what do you like about it?

We've been in January/February several times. You should be able to swim at least once! That's been our experience. The pools are heated. Weekends are pretty crowded (locals and dance teams, etc.) but during the week there are very low crowds. Bring all sorts of clothing! We've worn t-shirts and shorts and we've worn jeans and hooded sweatshirts. Weather is unpredictable!

Hi everyone,
I'm also doing the happy dance, because I'll stay with my brother and two really good freinds at Old Key West from 1/3 until 9/1/2016!!! I'm so happy this is going to happen!

And one "newbie" question: Can I rely on the crowd calender at Undercover Tourist? They say on friday the 8th of january would ne the lowest crowd at MK? Could this relly be true? I wouldn't believe my eyes when I read that.

Cheerio!
:tink: party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter