*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

Been meaning to say our jan trip was cancelled. When I tried switching races they were all full. And I didn't feel like biting off more than I can chew. So no Jan trip. I will be coming in Feb instead for the princess half. But no Jan trip this. I will update my Jan PTR to show the ADRs I have before making it a Feb PTR.. If anyone wants them PM me with a time in mind before Friday when I will be canceling all of them.

I DID IT! I just booked for Jan. 29-Feb. 3 at the CSR. I AM SO EXCITED! I hooted and hollered when I got the confirmation email. Now comes the long wait....

LET'S ROCK DISNEYWORLD JANUARY DISSERS!

Been hunting around for an answer, so I thought I'd come to this thread first. We're staying in POFQ late in January, one of the things I like most about FQ is the dedicated bus service. Is this still the practice during low crowd periods? Or will the buses "merge" with POR? Thanks for the help!

We have stayed at POFQ three different times of year. Once being in January, once over Labor Day and once in May. The only time we shared buses with POR was early in the morning for AK and HS and then sometimes on the bus ride home for those two parks too. Never did we have to share/merge for MK or Epcot. When we did share POFQ was always first to be picked up or dropped off.

Did you all know that the Osborne Lights ends on January 6, 2013? I just found that out yesterday and was very excited because that is our arrival day. :goodvibes So I made some dining adjustments to make sure we can see the lights again in 2013. :goodvibes

Ok, post Hurricane Sandy and I am again "on board"! Lol. Just made Afternoon Tea reservations at the Grand Floridian for our arrival day and Fantasmic! Package lunch reservations at Brown Derby and show time at 6:30. Nothing available at Be Our Guest the entire time we are there, but that's ok. Will wait a bit to see what our cast member friends' schedules are, then I'll see about Rose & Crown, Chefs de France, and Il Mulino reservations.

Can't wait until January!!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have a family of 5: me, hubby, 2 boys 17 and 15 and a girl 11. We went to Disneyworld on free dining in Sept 08. We did not visit Universal at all that trip. They are all HUGE Harry Potter fans, plus the boys are bigger and like the rollercoasters now. Last time I planned my trip a year in advance or more. Grin.. now oldest wants to do this as his senior trip. So we are looking at going sometime between 3rd or 4th of January and leaving the 11th or 12th. My guess is that we will spend the 3rd to the 5th with them in Tampa and then go on to the Orlando area.

I had such a detailed itinerary last time and this feels so incredibly last minute. I know we will probably spend 2 or 3 days in the Universal area, but then 4 or 5 days at Disney I guess.

Any tips? Since we stay offsite, it looks like maybe the 5 day tickets to disney are the best value.

I am so excited! 47 more days for us and I can barely contain myself. What is everyone else doing to satisfy their love of Disney?

I'm planning to make some little boxed surprises as a countdown for my 7 yr old DS -- I have pins for trading and stickers for his journal -- does anyone have other ideas for very small items I could put in there? I was thinking about candy or money. The boxes are quite small...about the size of a ring box.

I'm arriving on December 31st, but my trip is mostly in January, until the 10th. :) I'll come back later with which resorts (yes, two resorts) we'll be staying at.

I think I'm going to do a Disney only Christmas tree this year. That should help keep the excitement up!!! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I thought I'd posted here before, but I don't see me on the list.

Could you add me?

Jan 21-28, AKL-Jambo House

:)

Hi All,
I love reading all the posts, but my eyes are blurry now. I have a question. My DH and I would like to visit Disney in mid- January 2013 and would like to get the best deal we can get, (like most people would) The last time we went was in 2009 and had free dining.
1.Are there any free dining deals going on that I could book with, or am I too late.
2. We could go with AAA, would we do better with them?
Also I did receive a discount code in the mail, but can't find it now, maybe because it expired?
Any advise would be great.
Thank you in advance,
Peggy

TruBlu said:
I thought I'd posted here before, but I don't see me on the list.

Could you add me?

Jan 21-28, AKL-Jambo House

:)

What type of room are you going to be in? We are ordering from Garden Grocer and may have some extra supplies to give away. We check out the day you arrive. :-)

hoffmann2828 said:
What type of room are you going to be in? We are ordering from Garden Grocer and may have some extra supplies to give away. We check out the day you arrive. :-)

We have a pool view & will accept all handouts! :lmao:

We get there pretty early, too. Our flight lands at 9:45!!! :woohoo:

I'm so excited, it's been 7 years since our last trip and I just booked my family for Jan 23-30th. My DH (39) DS(11) DD(8) me (34) plus my IL's will be staying at the All Star Music. This is my 4th trip to WDW but first time staying on property. We will also be celebrating my DD's 9th birthday and my FIL's bday while we are there. I know we can get the birthday pins, and special ordered Bday cakes, are there any other "special" bday things we can do while there? TIA

I know we can get the birthday pins, and special ordered Bday cakes, are there any other "special" bday things we can do while there? TIA

If you have certain table service meals and you mention its a birthday when you book, you can get a cupcake and card signed by all the characters at the meal.

Chocolab23 said:
If you have certain table service meals and you mention its a birthday when you book, you can get a cupcake and card signed by all the characters at the meal.

Thanks for the info. It will be DH birthday the week we are there. He's rather laid back, it would be fun to get silly about his birthday! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm arriving on December 31st, but my trip is mostly in January, until the 10th. :) I'll come back later with which resorts (yes, two resorts) we'll be staying at.

Could you add my resorts please? Art of Animation and Beach Club. :)

Can we update our trip.. We arrive on the 22nd late and will stay at ASM and then a week 7 nights at Beach Club villas in a studio and then 3 nights at AKL savannah view Jambo house in a studio. This is our very first trip to the World and bringing our two boys 3 and 6!! So so excited and have learned so much from all of you!! Thank You!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter