• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Each park bus area has specific numbers for a specific resort. You will see a large board, or two, at the beginning of the bus area. It will give a resort name and then the number stop.
So, in your case, I'm assuming you're starting at Animal Kingdom and heading to these other parks...so, the bus stop for DHS is going to be #15...you will see numbers hanging down from the roof of each covered area....there can be up to 8 in one area.
It will be very obvious when you see it.

But I thought buses don't travel directly from park to park? So, would #15 be a close by hotel? I just prefer to know what the #15 refers to exactly.

But I thought buses don't travel directly from park to park? So, would #15 be a close by hotel? I just prefer to know what the #15 refers to exactly.
Buses don't travel from resort to resort.

Buses (or other forms of transportation) do travel from park to park, and between park and resort.

Buses also travel between DTD and resorts, but not between DTD and parks.

#15 is the load zone number, or bus stop number. The buses themselves don't have numbers; the destination in plain English is displayed on the front and side marquees (or destination signs, in non-Disney-speak.)

Load zones at the parks and some resorts are assigned numbers, just to help you find them. They are arranged numerically, usually at several platforms. As g4t said, there is a sign or signs at the entrance to the bus area in each park to tell you which load zone serves which destination, and point you in the general direction. Feel free to ask any transportation cast member for assistance. There will also be a sign above or at the entrance to each load zone stating the destination. And always check the marquee on the bus as well, as at some locations multiple buses share the same load zone.

After park closing, and during weather events, load zone assignments may change. If everything's working properly, both the signs at the bus area entrance and those at the individual load zones should be updated. But once again, it's always wise to verify the destination on the bus' marquee, or ask the driver.

One more thing: Don't assume the load zone you are dropped off at is the same one at which you'll board the bus back. More often than not, they're not the same.

Update - After reading some other posts, it looks like our best bet is boat from MK to FW. I would like to confirm this. I just love the information that one can find on the DisBoards...
Yes, that is the most direct route, and the one favored by most.

You can also walk or boat to DHS, or bus to DAK or DTD, and then take the bus to FtW, but they would all require transferring to the FtW internal shuttle bus. Only the boats from MK or Contemporary drop you just a short walk from both Pioneer Hall and the BBQ Pavillion.

That's incorrect.

From AK, #15 is the stop for DHS. It will take you directly to the park. You do need to check the sign, though, because sometimes the stops change.

Is that something new-ish park to park transportation? I was warned that I might sound like an idiot on this board. I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. I didn't know you could go from park to park directly via bus.

:worship:

Is that something new-ish park to park transportation? I was warned that I might sound like an idiot on this board. I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. I didn't know you could go from park to park directly via bus.

It's always been that way.

Contrary to DIS-public opinion, we are not spawns of satan over here on Transportation...:rotfl2: So, no, you don't sound like an idiot.

The buses have always run between parks..at least for as long as I've been going, and that's since '99.
That number 15 refers to the bus stop number for the bus to DHS, at the AK bus stop area.

It is very easy to go from park to park. For instance...
From MK (and to MK from other parks), you take either the boat or the monorail over to the TTC. From there, you can get a bus to either DHS or AK. You take the monorail to Epcot. When heading to MK from any of those parks, you reverse it. The TTC is the 'parking lot' so to speak, for MK.

At Epcot, you can monorail to the TTC to get to MK, you take a bus to AK, and you can take a bus to DHS, from the front of Epcot, or you can exit through the International Gateway in WS and take a boat to DHS or walk there.

And so on.

What's the best way to get to the Beach Club for an 8:45AM ADR? We are staying at Carribbean Beach Resort.

Epcot has EMH starting at 8AM that day. Is my best bet to take the bus to Epcot and walk through Epcot OR should I take the bus to Epcot and then take the BC bus from Epcot? Can I even walk through WS before 11AM?

OR am I better off just getting a taxi?

Thank you!

I have 9:00pm reservations at Ohana but am staying at CSR. Does anyone know what time the MK boat service runs until during EMH? What if EMH ends at 11? The Monorail won't run because its too late after park closes and I need to get back to MK to get a bus to my resort. Any help??? TIA

Contrary to DIS-public opinion, we are not spawns of satan over here on Transportation...:rotfl2: So, no, you don't sound like an idiot.

The buses have always run between parks..at least for as long as I've been going, and that's since '99.
That number 15 refers to the bus stop number for the bus to DHS, at the AK bus stop area.

It is very easy to go from park to park. For instance...
From MK (and to MK from other parks), you take either the boat or the monorail over to the TTC. From there, you can get a bus to either DHS or AK. You take the monorail to Epcot. When heading to MK from any of those parks, you reverse it. The TTC is the 'parking lot' so to speak, for MK.

At Epcot, you can monorail to the TTC to get to MK, you take a bus to AK, and you can take a bus to DHS, from the front of Epcot, or you can exit through the International Gateway in WS and take a boat to DHS or walk there.

And so on.

When going from park to park on the bus, do they stop anywhere else? I know some of the resort buses are shared...

What's the best way to get to the Beach Club for an 8:45AM ADR? We are staying at Carribbean Beach Resort.

Epcot has EMH starting at 8AM that day. Is my best bet to take the bus to Epcot and walk through Epcot OR should I take the bus to Epcot and then take the BC bus from Epcot? Can I even walk through WS before 11AM?

OR am I better off just getting a taxi?

Thank you!
There is no bus from Epcot to BC. You could take a bus to DHS and then either walk or boat over to BC. The walk will take about 20 mins, the boat takes about the same but that doesn't include any wait time. The buses start running at 6:30, so if you got the DHS bus at 7:45, you would have plenty of time.
If it were me, I would be tempted to just take the cab.

I have 9:00pm reservations at Ohana but am staying at CSR. Does anyone know what time the MK boat service runs until during EMH? What if EMH ends at 11? The Monorail won't run because its too late after park closes and I need to get back to MK to get a bus to my resort. Any help??? TIA
Not absolutely sure about the boat closing time...I would 'think' they should run to the GF and Polynesian as long as EMHs are going on. If not, there should be a bus that runs back to MK.

When going from park to park on the bus, do they stop anywhere else? I know some of the resort buses are shared...
Not really. There are some buses that make a stop at Typhoon Lagoon..that might be the DHS bus. And there is another bus that stops at Blizzard Beach..might be AK bus, but again, not really sure. Other than that, no stops.

Actually, park to park buses do not stop at the water parks.

After park closing, buses from Epcot & DHS may stop at both AK & AKL. In the morning, buses from TTC to AK or DHS occasionally stop at Poly or GF, if there are large crowds at those resorts. Otherwise, park-to-park buses are usually direct and non-stop.

Ok, I know no resort to resort buses. I am looking to take the kids from the Pop Century with our final destination being SSR (treehouses or restaurant). I will probably go to DTD with them in between.

How can I do this?

Is SSR walking distance from DTD?
How long is the bus ride from Pop Century to DTD?

TIA

Is SSR walking distance from DTD?
Yes. Rainforest Cafe to the SSR restaurants is about 3/4 mile. Or, you can walk half that to the Congress Park bus stop, and hop on any theme park bus the rest of the way.

After 10:30 a.m., you can also ride a boat from DTD PI to the SSR restaurants or the Treehouses.
How long is the bus ride from Pop Century to DTD?
Depends on the time of day. Before 11 a.m., it's about 25 minutes with a stop at TL. After 11, it's about 15-20 minutes.

I have a couple of transportation questions. Thanks in advance! You will be putting my overactive Type A personality at ease.

We will eating Dinner at Citricios and will be done around 8 pm. MK is closing at 7pm that night for MNSSHP. Will the resort monorail still be running at 8 so that we could get the Contemporary and then take the boat back to WL? Or would we be able to take a boat from GF to MK and then a boat to WL?

Later that same night we have a Haunted Carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness. We should be done there at 10:30. Will the boat between WL, Ft Wilderness and the Contemporary still be running or should we take a bus?

One night we plan to leave Epcot (WS) around 6 pm after dinner and will be going to DHS for Fanstasmic. What the quickest route?

Another night we are having dinner at the Yachtsman and should be done around 7 pm. We then plan to go to Epcot for Illuminations. My husband cannot handle a lot of walking (will be having knee surgery when we return from Disney) - approximately how long is the boat ride from YC to Epcot?

I have a couple of transportation questions. Thanks in advance! You will be putting my overactive Type A personality at ease.

We will eating Dinner at Citricios and will be done around 8 pm. MK is closing at 7pm that night for MNSSHP. Will the resort monorail still be running at 8 so that we could get the Contemporary and then take the boat back to WL? Or would we be able to take a boat from GF to MK and then a boat to WL?
I think the question of what transportation will be running during MNSSHP has not been officially cleared up yet. In any event, the monorail will be running until 8, as that's one hour after the "regular" MK closing. If the monorail is not running during the party, there will be buses available between the monorail resorts.

The boats were kept running during EMH nights, so it's likely they will also be running during the parties.

Anyhow, the first MNSSHP is just 3 nights away. Maybe some DISer will be there and will report back on the transportation options.

Later that same night we have a Haunted Carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness. We should be done there at 10:30. Will the boat between WL, Ft Wilderness and the Contemporary still be running or should we take a bus?
Yes, that boat runs until 11:30 p.m. regardless of park hours. There will also be a bus available.
One night we plan to leave Epcot (WS) around 6 pm after dinner and will be going to DHS for Fanstasmic. What the quickest route?
The boat from International Gateway takes about 20-25 minutes; the bus from the main entrance takes about 5-10 minutes. But if you're already near the IG, the boat may be faster than the walk to the front of the park + the bus ride, especially with one of your party having difficulty walking.
Another night we are having dinner at the Yachtsman and should be done around 7 pm. We then plan to go to Epcot for Illuminations. My husband cannot handle a lot of walking (will be having knee surgery when we return from Disney) - approximately how long is the boat ride from YC to Epcot?
It stops at BW before going to Epcot, so probably about 10 minutes (but that's just a guess.)

Hi-- I tried doing a search on this thread, but I couldn't come up with the right words or phrases to find an answer to my question. Can someone please tell me about how long it takes to bus from Downtown Disney to the Yacht Club? Also, how long between buses, and do they come along pretty reliably? Thanks!

Hi-- I tried doing a search on this thread, but I couldn't come up with the right words or phrases to find an answer to my question. Can someone please tell me about how long it takes to bus from Downtown Disney to the Yacht Club? Also, how long between buses, and do they come along pretty reliably? Thanks!
You may want to pack a picnic lunch....for both ways. The buses between resorts and DTD are notoriously bad. I usually leave 20 mins to make the actual ride between the two. But, you have to add on wait times...and those can be excessive. You could stand there waiting, at DTD, for a bus back to your resort, for more than 30 mins. If time is of the essence, I would take a cab.

Or...when going to any of the Epcot resorts, get on the first resort bus to come along and then walk over to your resort. For instance, if you want to get to YC, but the bus to BW/S/D comes along, get on it. Get off at the Dolphin and then walk over to YC. Works with any of those 5 resorts.

Thanks for the warning! We arrive Saturday and I was going to drop my husband and sons at DTD while my daughter and I hit the outlet mall, and I thought it would work out well for my husband and sons to meet us back at the YC... maybe not...

You may want to pack a picnic lunch....for both ways. The buses between resorts and DTD are notoriously bad. I usually leave 20 mins to make the actual ride between the two. But, you have to add on wait times...and those can be excessive. You could stand there waiting, at DTD, for a bus back to your resort, for more than 30 mins. If time is of the essence, I would take a cab.

Or...when going to any of the Epcot resorts, get on the first resort bus to come along and then walk over to your resort. For instance, if you want to get to YC, but the bus to BW/S/D comes along, get on it. Get off at the Dolphin and then walk over to YC. Works with any of those 5 resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter