Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We accidentally made rope drop in January and walked up as the train was pulling in and DD and DH found a fine spot (I had to go through bag check).

In Aug we went on purpose. Probably went through turnstiles at 8:45 for the 9:00 AM rope drop. I don't know how that translates in bus time (we rent cars), but it's easy enough to find a spot after the turnstiles up to 15 minutes before the show.

That's been my experience, FWIW.

We are staying at the cabins at Fort Wilderness and have an 8:40am reservation for Ohana at the Polynesian resort. What is the quickest way there? How early should we leave?

Thank you

We can only use Disney transprotation due to budget so taxi is out. And if you can provide appx time it would take to get from one to another would be helpful as well.

1.How would one get from Mk to Wilderness lodge then from WL to campgrounds? We have ADRs at 5pm at WL and then would like to go see Chip and Dale campfire.

2. From Contempory to AKL

3. From Epcot to Studios. Will leave Epcot around 2pm

4. From AK to Boardwalk. need to get to MK by 6:30pm

5. Studios to MK. Want to get to MK by 6pm

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

We are staying at the cabins at Fort Wilderness and have an 8:40am reservation for Ohana at the Polynesian resort. What is the quickest way there? How early should we leave?

Thank you
I would think the boat over to the CR and then monorail to Polynesian. But it may just be quicker to take the bus to MK and then monorail to Polynesian. I'm just not that familier with the internal transportation system at FtW. I would leave by 7:30 in any case.

We can only use Disney transprotation due to budget so taxi is out. And if you can provide appx time it would take to get from one to another would be helpful as well.

1.How would one get from Mk to Wilderness lodge then from WL to campgrounds? We have ADRs at 5pm at WL and then would like to go see Chip and Dale campfire.

2. From Contempory to AKL

3. From Epcot to Studios. Will leave Epcot around 2pm

4. From AK to Boardwalk. need to get to MK by 6:30pm

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
1. Boat to WL, then boat over to FtW...should take about an hour.

2. Walk over to MK and get the bus to AKL...40 mins

3. Depends on where you are in Epcot. If you're in the front, you can take the bus. If you're in WS, exit via the International Gateway and either boat over or walk. The walk will take about 20 mins, the boat will take 25 mins not counting any wait times.

4. Take the BW bus from AK. then bus to MK....an hour

5. Bus to TTC then ferry or monorail to MK.....45 mins.

I usually leave about an hour to get from point A to point B in WDW. Usually doesn't take that long but it's a good average.

1. Boat to WL, then boat over to FtW...should take about an hour.
There is a bus from WL direct to FtW. I am not too familiar with the internal FtW bus routes, but I think that bus may take you directly to a stop near the campfire, after stopping at the Settlement.

5. Bus to TTC then ferry or monorail to MK.....45 mins.
You could also take the bus to the CR, and walk to the MK.

OH, I got more.
How to get from boardwalk to AKL?

AKL to downtown Disney?

Also, will the monorail be running so we can get to TCC from the campgrounds after the campfire? Cause we would need to catch the AKL bus AKL from TCC, right? Or will we need to take the bus from the campgrounds to downtown Disney to AKL?

OH, I got more.
How to get from boardwalk to AKL?

AKL to downtown Disney?

Also, will the monorail be running so we can get to TCC from the campgrounds after the campfire? Cause we would need to catch the AKL bus AKL from TCC, right? Or will we need to take the bus from the campgrounds to downtown Disney to AKL?

From BW to AKL?? Depends on the time of day. I would take the bus, from BW, to AK, and then transfer to the AKL bus, if AK was still open. Otherwise, head to any other open park and transfer to their AKL bus. IF no park is open, go to DTD and transfer there.

AKL to DTD?? Easy...there will be a bus from AKL directly to DTD.

There are NO buses running between Disney resorts and the TTC. You can get a bus to AK and DHS there, but that's it. Again, if MK is open, head there and then transfer to the AKL bus. Or any other open park.

Frame of reference:

FtW Campground is laid out north-south. At the north end is the Settlement; that's where the restaurants are, the boats to MK & CR, and the bus to WL. At the south end is the Outpost: parking lot, check-in, and buses to all other theme parks, and to DTD. The campfire is at the Meadows, which is halfway between the 2.

To reach AKL from the campfire, you can board an internal shuttle to the Outpost, transfer to the bus to DTD, and there transfer to the bus to AKL. That will work no matter how late the campfire ends, but lots of people dislike transferring at DTD.

If the MK is open at least a half hour after the campfire ends, you can take a bus to the Settlement, catch the boat to MK, and then the bus from MK to AKL.

If any other theme park is open at least a half hour after the campfire, you can also catch a bus to the Outpost, and take the bus to that park to transfer to the resort bus.

Basically, you can take the bus from the campfire to the Outpost, and board any bus that comes along except the internal shuttles. The bus driver will not let you board a bus to a park that is closed. Any park that has a bus from the Outpost is a good transfer point for AKL. And if all parks are already closed, there will be a bus to DTD, until past midnight.

Thanks joelkfla..your explanation helped even me. I just can't seem to wrap my head around FtW stuff....haven't spent much time there and the only time I took a bus there, I got lost and turned around. Not much help when it comes to giving internal directions in there.

EXCELLENT! Thank you! I was able to visualize it well from your explaination.

Frame of reference:

FtW Campground is laid out north-south. At the north end is the Settlement; that's where the restaurants are, the boats to MK & CR, and the bus to WL. At the south end is the Outpost: parking lot, check-in, and buses to all other theme parks, and to DTD. The campfire is at the Meadows, which is halfway between the 2.

To reach AKL from the campfire, you can board an internal shuttle to the Outpost, transfer to the bus to DTD, and there transfer to the bus to AKL. That will work no matter how late the campfire ends, but lots of people dislike transferring at DTD.

If the MK is open at least a half hour after the campfire ends, you can take a bus to the Settlement, catch the boat to MK, and then the bus from MK to AKL.

If any other theme park is open at least a half hour after the campfire, you can also catch a bus to the Outpost, and take the bus to that park to transfer to the resort bus.

Basically, you can take the bus from the campfire to the Outpost, and board any bus that comes along except the internal shuttles. The bus driver will not let you board a bus to a park that is closed. Any park that has a bus from the Outpost is a good transfer point for AKL. And if all parks are already closed, there will be a bus to DTD, until past midnight.

Is there public transportation from Canada Avenue/Sand Lake Road to the Florida Mall (and back)? I see the trolley north/south but I don't see anything east/west. TIA :goodvibes

Is there public transportation from Canada Avenue/Sand Lake Road to the Florida Mall (and back)? I see the trolley north/south but I don't see anything east/west. TIA :goodvibes

Looks like you can get Link 42 at I-Drive & Sand Lake, heading north on I-Drive. But use caution, as this line goes along Oakridge Rd, which is a not-so-nice part of town.

Or, you could take the I-Ride Trolley down to the SeaWorld area and catch Link 111, which serves WDW - SeaWorld - FL Mall - OIA. It runs mostly on the freeway.

You can find Lynx schedules & maps here.

Looks like you can get Link 42 at I-Drive & Sand Lake, heading north on I-Drive. But use caution, as this line goes along Oakridge Rd, which is a not-so-nice part of town.

Or, you could take the I-Ride Trolley down to the SeaWorld area and catch Link 111, which serves WDW - SeaWorld - FL Mall - OIA. It runs mostly on the freeway.

You can find Lynx schedules & maps here.
Thanks!

Scenario:

2 adults, mid 30s. Fairly active, don't mind walking a bit. December 12-18... park hoppers, etc. Staying at POP Century, but don't intend to go back to POP much during the week.

There are a couple of points in the schedule where we might TRY to make it to MK in time for a particular event... but have dinner reservations which might make the schedule tight. Consequently, I want to know the best couple of plans for getting where I need to be, with the ability to decide "on the ground" which option will be best (based on the current bus lineup).

So here goes... this is simple for the experts, I'm sure. :)

1) Monday, Dec 13th. We are at Animal Kingdom all day, with a 5:45 ADR @ Yak & Yeti. It is the only night we would probably see "regular Wishes," which is at 8pm. (It's also a PMEMH at MK... and we might stay... or we might scrap the whole thing and go back to the hotel.) Question: What routes would you take to get to the MK to give the best chance of seeing wishes? How long would you expect it to take? At what time would you decide that it's not worth the hassle ?

2) Tuesday, Dec 14th. We are at EPCOT in the morning, and have MVMCP tix for the evening. We have hoppers, so we could go to MK in time for the 3pm parade. However, we can also see that parade on Thursday. We have a 1:20ADR at the Coral Reef. Question: What routes would you take to get to the MK to give the best chance of seeing the parade? How long would you expect it to take? At what time would you decide that it's not worth the hassle ?

Scenario:

2 adults, mid 30s. Fairly active, don't mind walking a bit. December 12-18... park hoppers, etc. Staying at POP Century, but don't intend to go back to POP much during the week.

There are a couple of points in the schedule where we might TRY to make it to MK in time for a particular event... but have dinner reservations which might make the schedule tight. Consequently, I want to know the best couple of plans for getting where I need to be, with the ability to decide "on the ground" which option will be best (based on the current bus lineup).

So here goes... this is simple for the experts, I'm sure. :)

1) Monday, Dec 13th. We are at Animal Kingdom all day, with a 5:45 ADR @ Yak & Yeti. It is the only night we would probably see "regular Wishes," which is at 8pm. (It's also a PMEMH at MK... and we might stay... or we might scrap the whole thing and go back to the hotel.) Question: What routes would you take to get to the MK to give the best chance of seeing wishes? How long would you expect it to take? At what time would you decide that it's not worth the hassle ?

2) Tuesday, Dec 14th. We are at EPCOT in the morning, and have MVMCP tix for the evening. We have hoppers, so we could go to MK in time for the 3pm parade. However, we can also see that parade on Thursday. We have a 1:20ADR at the Coral Reef. Question: What routes would you take to get to the MK to give the best chance of seeing the parade? How long would you expect it to take? At what time would you decide that it's not worth the hassle ?

1. That's going to be really tight. If you are seated right at 5:45, and you take an hour to eat, then 15 or so mins to exit the park, then 10 mins for the bus and another 15 to get to MK...well, now it's almost 7:30. And you still have to get from the TTC (where the bus will drop you), over to MK.
And that's best case scenario. You could take the bus to the CR and then walk over to MK. It is doable if you don't dilly dally. You should just make it.

2. Just take the monorail over to the MK. You will arrive at the TTC and then either transfer to the Express Monorail or take the ferry over to MK. If you have 1:20 ADRs at Coral Reef, you can expect to be out of there by 2:30ish..it's a shame to rush a nice meal. And the trip to MK will take about 30 mins...I'm just not sure I would rush to see the afternoon parade. I would try to do it on another day.

Look for a bus to the TTC/MK or Contemporary. Unless a bus is ready to leave take a taxi to the Contemporary and walk. You don't have 20 minutes to spend waiting for a bus.

Thanks for the help....

If we ran behind schedule... can you see the fireworks from the ferry? (I don't suppose they pipe in the music for those guests who end up on the ferry, do they!?)

Thanks for the help....

If we ran behind schedule... can you see the fireworks from the ferry? (I don't suppose they pipe in the music for those guests who end up on the ferry, do they!?)

Yep, you can see them from the TTC and the ferry...and no, they don't pipe in the music.

Hi all...
Quick question. My hubby just finally scored us a reservation at Tusker House for breakfast, problem... it's at 805am. We are staying at the Poly... what's the best way to get there? And will there be a problem because AK isn't even open yet?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter