Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

krichie said:
I've never been to Disney World before. I'm planning a trip in Sept. and will be using Disney transit instead of renting a car. I have not been able to find any information in regards to how long it might take to get to the parks from specific resorts.

I'm looking at staying at SSR. Any ideas on how long of a bus ride I'd be looking at to get to each of the four main theme parks? For example, I'm not even sure whether to expect a 10 minute ride or 60 minute ride from SSR to Epcot.

I stayed at SSR last May. I would say that most bus rides were about 15 minutes +/- 5 minutes or so. The real wild card is wait time. Sometimes you get to the bus stop and the bus for the park you are going to pulls right up, sometimes you have to wait 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

How would one get to BCR (for Cape May character breakfast) from AoA? (no set time has been made yet) - do I just take the bus to Epcot and walk to BCR?

How about from AoA to Sanaa?

I've never been to Disney World before. I'm planning a trip in Sept. and will be using Disney transit instead of renting a car. I have not been able to find any information in regards to how long it might take to get to the parks from specific resorts.

I'm looking at staying at SSR. Any ideas on how long of a bus ride I'd be looking at to get to each of the four main theme parks? For example, I'm not even sure whether to expect a 10 minute ride or 60 minute ride from SSR to Epcot.
It all depends on which area of SSR you are in. I was in the Grandstand area earlier this month. It was a nice section, but the first stop. So, I had already spent about 15 mins on the bus by the time we left the resort and headed to the parks. Drove me nuts.
I always planned on at least 45 mins from my room to the park...and an hour was ever better. Just to be on the safe side.

How would one get to BCR (for Cape May character breakfast) from AoA? (no set time has been made yet) - do I just take the bus to Epcot and walk to BCR?

How about from AoA to Sanaa?

I would take a cab. But, you can also take the bus to the DHS, and then walk to Cape May...takes about 20 mins. A cab will cost about $10 and takes about 8 mins.

From AoA to Sanaa?? I would take the bus to AK and then transfer to the Kidani/AKL bus. If AK is closed, then head to a park that is open, and take their AKL bus. Or, a cab.

Do you happen to know about preferred parking for AAA booked vacationers? I just got y package and was surprised to see a parking pass - just wondering since this might make me want to drive to Epcot or dHS - at Epcot we have akershus reservation at 830 am and at dHS we plan to Fodor rope drop - thoughts? We are staying at aoa and will have a double stroller and hubby to boot had surgery on foot last week to remove a needle he stepped on while on vacation )I still can't believe it!)

Thanks

Do you happen to know about preferred parking for AAA booked vacationers? I just got y package and was surprised to see a parking pass - just wondering since this might make me want to drive to Epcot or dHS - at Epcot we have akershus reservation at 830 am and at dHS we plan to Fodor rope drop - thoughts? We are staying at aoa and will have a double stroller and hubby to boot had surgery on foot last week to remove a needle he stepped on while on vacation )I still can't believe it!)

Thanks
The preferred parking areas for AAA parking pass holders is usually in the same area the handicapped parking is located. The only place I don't recommend using the AAA parking permit at is MK...you still have to take either the ferry or monorail over to MK from the TTC.

But, if you have a double stroller, and your husband has a foot issue, it may be better than taking the buses.

Can someone please suggest a way for us to get from MK to Sanaa for dinner?
I have never been to this resort and had read that someone said that this restaurant is not right at the resort? So now I am lost :confused3

Thanks so much for your help!

mthr2boys said:
Can someone please suggest a way for us to get from MK to Sanaa for dinner?
I have never been to this resort and had read that someone said that this restaurant is not right at the resort? So now I am lost :confused3

Thanks so much for your help!

Easy-peasy, just take the bus from MK to AKL. The AKL bus will make stops at both Kidani & Jambo House. Sannaa is at AKL-Kidani, so just be sure to check in with the driver, as to which stop is Kidani if you are unfamiliar with the resort.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Hi!

I was wondering what is the best way to get from Hollywood studio to Epcot center?
I see that there is a ferryboat at HS. Does is go to Epcot or will I need to stop at one of the resorts?

When last I was at Disney, AK was just being built.... so, I have no experience.....

On our AK day, we are also having an early dinner at Boma - just curious - I know that usually, it is recommended that we allow 1hr for travel time - is that also true when going from AK to AKL, given the proximity?

Thanks!!!

Hi!

I was wondering what is the best way to get from Hollywood studio to Epcot center?
I see that there is a ferryboat at HS. Does is go to Epcot or will I need to stop at one of the resorts?
Yes, the boats at the DHS entrance do go all the way to Epcot, stopping at 3 resorts on the way.

There is also direct bus service from DHS to Epcot.

The bus goes to the Epcot main entrance; while the boats go to the International Gateway entrance, between France & GB in World Showcase. The bus trip is much faster, but the boat may be more convenient if you're going to a World Showcase restaurant.

Hi!

From DHS to Epcot (International Gateway entrance aka the back door), the boat will go to the S/D, then YC/BC, then BW, and finally to Epcot. The total run time is about 25 mins, not including any wait times for the boat to get to DHS. There is also a bus that runs between DHS and the front gates of Epcot.

When last I was at Disney, AK was just being built.... so, I have no experience.....

On our AK day, we are also having an early dinner at Boma - just curious - I know that usually, it is recommended that we allow 1hr for travel time - is that also true when going from AK to AKL, given the proximity?

Thanks!!!
I would leave AK about 40 mins before your ADR. You may just miss the AKL bus, which means you could be standing there for about 15+ mins. Much better to be a little early than worry about missing your ADR time!!!

We are going next month (Feb 2-6) and staying at POFQ.

1. On arrival day (Sat Feb 2) we are going to Epcot first, and then switching mid-afternoon to MK. Is the best option to do the monorail? (If so, am I understanding correctly that we would need to do 2 monorails - one to TTC and then get off, to get on another to MK?) Is there a bus that goes from Epcot straight to MK?

2. The next morning MK opens at 9 AM (as of now) and we have breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace at 8:05 AM. I understand we could do a taxi from POFQ to CP and then walk to MK (which is supposed to take about 10 minutes?) I'm just curious if that really would be any faster than just waiting for the bus? We want to get in the park a half hour early and get those magic Main Street pictures. I have no problem paying for the taxi, but if we end up needing to walk a bit, I didn't know what the point was. (What time should we be out there for a bus? What time should we plan to use a taxi?)

3. We plan to spend a full day at AK but have dinner reservations that evening at 5:05 PM at 'Ohana. Our only option here will be a bus to the Polynesian, but what time should we plan to be out there waiting for a bus?

4. After dinner at 'Ohana, we want to go to Downtown Disney for a bit, and then catch the boat back to POFQ. There is a bus from Polynesian to Downtown Disney, I assume?

I would leave AK about 40 mins before your ADR. You may just miss the AKL bus, which means you could be standing there for about 15+ mins. Much better to be a little early than worry about missing your ADR time!!!

Thank you for your input!!! Much appreciated!!

1. On arrival day (Sat Feb 2) we are going to Epcot first, and then switching mid-afternoon to MK. Is the best option to do the monorail? (If so, am I understanding correctly that we would need to do 2 monorails - one to TTC and then get off, to get on another to MK?) Is there a bus that goes from Epcot straight to MK?

2. The next morning MK opens at 9 AM (as of now) and we have breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace at 8:05 AM. I understand we could do a taxi from POFQ to CP and then walk to MK (which is supposed to take about 10 minutes?) I'm just curious if that really would be any faster than just waiting for the bus? We want to get in the park a half hour early and get those magic Main Street pictures. I have no problem paying for the taxi, but if we end up needing to walk a bit, I didn't know what the point was. (What time should we be out there for a bus? What time should we plan to use a taxi?)

3. We plan to spend a full day at AK but have dinner reservations that evening at 5:05 PM at 'Ohana. Our only option here will be a bus to the Polynesian, but what time should we plan to be out there waiting for a bus?

4. After dinner at 'Ohana, we want to go to Downtown Disney for a bit, and then catch the boat back to POFQ. There is a bus from Polynesian to Downtown Disney, I assume?

1. Correct. Monorail from Epcot to the TTC. Transfer to the Express monorail to the Magic Kingdom. There is no other transportation option that is direct between these two parks.

2. Buses to the parks begin running at about 6:30AM (98% sure about this). You should just take a bus. (Mind you, the buses are more sparingly that early.)

3. Bus. AK-> Poly also stops at Contemporary and GF, if I remember correctly. I'd give yourself 60-90 minutes as AK is also the farthest park from this hotel. I'd go with 90 to be on the safe side.

4. Yes. Bus service is available to DTD from the Polynesian. There is NO service between DTD and the theme parks, however.

It should also be noted that some times (especially after the fireworks/park close) that the Port Orleans resorts may be on separate buses. (i.e. French Quarter/Riverside). Also, if it's a slow time, they may be combined. Just a heads up.

1. The only way to get to MK, from Epcot, is to take the monorail. You will go to the TTC, then transfer to the Express Monorail line which will take you to MK. The Resort line will make stops at the Polynesian and GF along the way.
Or..if you are in the rear of Epcot, in the World Showcase section, you could walk over to BC and take their bus to MK. You would exit the park between England and France. This is the International Gateway, also known as Epcot's backdoor. Follow the walkway straight to BC...it will be about a 5 min walk, and be on your right.

2. Buses start running by 6:30am every day. For an 8:05 ADR, at CP, you want to be at the MK by 7:40-ish. So, be out at the MK bus stop no later than 7am. These early buses tend to come less frequently than the normal park buses. If you just miss one, you may be waiting 20+ mins for the next one. If you want to be perfectly sure that you have some wiggle room for photos on Main St., then be out at the bus stop by 6:30/6:45.
If you use a cab to CR, then get one for about 7:15. That will get you to CR by about 7:30, then the 10 min walk over to MK.

3. For a 5:00 ADR at 'Ohana (and thanks for spelling it correctly!!!), I would be out at the Polynesian bus stop by 3:45/4. The ride is a longish one since AK is waaaay out there.

4. Yes, there is. Just head out to the regular bus stop at the Polynesian. The boat ride back is quite wonderful!!! One of my favorite things about staying at POR.

Will it be possible to use a Disney bus to Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf from our Disney resort -while Blizzard beach is closed for "enhancements"?

Does the bus run directly between Fort Wilderness and Downtown Disney or do we have to go through the TTC?
Thanks!

Will it be possible to use a Disney bus to Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf from our Disney resort -while Blizzard beach is closed for "enhancements"?
Yes, but you will need to transfer at Epcot.

Take the bus from your resort to Epcot, and then board the Coronado Springs bus. The Epcot to CS bus also stops at BB, even when BB is closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter