Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I am staying at a hotel near Disney Springs. I want to get to Epcot by 9am for rope drop. I think the first Disney bus leaves from Disney Springs at 8:30am. Will that be enough time to get to Epcot by 9am? Or should I find other transportation?

You definitely need to find other transportation. For one thing, buses don't go from Disney Springs to the parks - you'd need to take the bus to a resort first. For another, I really doubt that buses would be leaving DS that early, but even if they are, you want to be at Epcot (or any other park, for that matter), 15-20 minutes before they open, not right when they open, so that you'll be at the head of the pack.

You definitely need to find other transportation. For one thing, buses don't go from Disney Springs to the parks - you'd need to take the bus to a resort first. For another, I really doubt that buses would be leaving DS that early, but even if they are, you want to be at Epcot (or any other park, for that matter), 15-20 minutes before they open, not right when they open, so that you'll be at the head of the pack.
Thank you so much! I haven't travelled to Disney very much and it's very helpful to have your advice!

I am staying at a hotel near Disney Springs. I want to get to Epcot by 9am for rope drop. I think the first Disney bus leaves from Disney Springs at 8:30am. Will that be enough time to get to Epcot by 9am? Or should I find other transportation?
Are you staying at one of *the* 7 DS hotels, or just one that happens to be close by? I ask because those 7 hotels coordinate their own transportation (every half hour) and are known for being pretty decent.

Are you staying at one of *the* 7 DS hotels, or just one that happens to be close by? I ask because those 7 hotels coordinate their own transportation (every half hour) and are known for being pretty decent.
No, we are staying at a hotel close to Disney springs. Apparently we have a shuttle from our hotel so I think we should be ok. Thank you!

No, we are staying at a hotel close to Disney springs. Apparently we have a shuttle from our hotel so I think we should be ok. Thank you!
These are the official DS hotels, on Disney property, that PP referred to: http://disneyspringshotels.com/our-7-hotels/

If you're staying someplace other than these 7, be sure to get complete and accurate info about the hotel's shuttle. Many charge a fee, many require advance reservations, and some are 1st come, 1st serve -- if you don't fit on the bus, you're out of luck. Many run just 2 or 3 times a day.

If you don't have any children under 6, you might also consider Uber or Lyft, especially if your hotel shuttle charges a fee. Uber for 4 riders would usually be under $10 from that area to Epcot; 6 riders would be in the $15 range.

Guessing the best way to get to TL from EP next Monday around noon is Uber/Lyft?

Best way to get from DHS to the Grand Floridian?
Is there still a bus from DHS to MK? and then to the monorail?

Sorry if this has been asked before:

Best way to bus from DHS to DS? Boat/walk from DHS to BW, then bus from there? Or bus to another resort (OKW, CB, other?) then bus to DS from there?

Thank you!

We usually recommend leaving your car at the last place you'll be. So, drive to the TTC, park and do one of several things. Walk or monorail over to the Polynesian and take the AK bus from there. Or, ferry or express monorail to MK and take the AK bus from there.
When it's time to leave AK, just hop in the MK bus.
There won't be a bus running to AK that late. Buses run up to 2 hrs after a park closes.

Unless things have drastically changed, a bus will run from MK to AK even after AK is closed for guests to get their cars. I used to do that run all the time, of course it was from the TTC then and not MK like it is now. We never left a guest stranded. Probably can't do it now but many nights either from DTD or the TTC, if it was late at night I have been known to take the guest right to their car in the AK parking lot

anyone want to take a stab at what would be best to get 3 people to BLizzard beach at 430am to volunteer for the race? will Uber be running that early? I'm guessing no on LYnx, or how much a taxi would be we're staying at pop.

anyone want to take a stab at what would be best to get 3 people to BLizzard beach at 430am to volunteer for the race? will Uber be running that early? I'm guessing no on LYnx, or how much a taxi would be we're staying at pop.
Uber and Lyft are worth trying. If nobody's in the area, you can fall back to a taxi.

Taxi fare should be in the $15 range including tip.

I have a PPO breakfast at HS (8:25) and staying at BC - do we have to walk or does the boat run earlier then official park opening ?

I have a PPO breakfast at HS (8:25) and staying at BC - do we have to walk or does the boat run earlier then official park opening ?
The boats start 1 hour before opening. If the park opens at 9, that may not be early enough for you.

How long should I plan going from Animal Kingdom to get to Hoop de doo and what is the best way to go? I'm going to AK on a day it closes at 7 pm and I have a HDDR reservation at 8:30. Should I bus to Fort Wilderness and then take the ferry (so I can walk over to Pioneer Hall)? Or should I take a bus directly to Forth Wilderness and then take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall? We want to stay at AK until park close if that is possible.

I would take the bus to the Contemporary and then the boat to FtW. Leaving at 7 should give you enough time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter