Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Transportation question quickfire! Thank you in advance :)

-how long does the boat take to get from Epcot to HS?
-can an ECV be taken on the boat?
-best way to get from MK to AK?

So with the monorail closure: what is the best way to get from the Contemporary to the Polynesian for breakfast at 7:45 AM? Is there a bus? should we just drive? What a pain :P

We are staying at AOA and have a 740 breakfast at Ohana. What time should we be at the bus stop? I am also debating taking an uber? Any advice is appreciated.

okay transportations gurus, need your advice. I booked a 12:00 culinary demo at epcot and now just realized that disney springs doesn't open till 10am. I have to go and pick up something at 10am at disney springs and will be out of there by 10:30am. i am thinking the best and quickest way is bus to beach club then walk but am concerned about the walking for my mom from the international gateway. monorail seems out of the question. do you guys think this is doable? i just found out that disney doesn't allow you to transfer or cancel demos without forfitting your prepayment. any other suggestions? thx.

okay transportations gurus, need your advice. I booked a 12:00 culinary demo at epcot and now just realized that disney springs doesn't open till 10am. I have to go and pick up something at 10am at disney springs and will be out of there by 10:30am. i am thinking the best and quickest way is bus to beach club then walk but am concerned about the walking for my mom from the international gateway. monorail seems out of the question. do you guys think this is doable? i just found out that disney doesn't allow you to transfer or cancel demos without forfitting your prepayment. any other suggestions? thx.
Uber or Lyft. You will have to walk from wherever you're at at DS to the Strawberry Parking between Cirque & HOB.

Taxis appear to be picking up at the old Marketplace bus loop behind EOS, but I don't know how much luck you'll have finding one that early.

Using Disney Transport, you might be able to take a bus to POFQ or PORS and transfer to a bus to Epcot, but if you made it in time you'd probably be at the end of the queue for your event.

Last edited:
What is the fastest way to get from Frozen Ever After to the Magic Kingdom gates?

We will have a car parked in the EP parking lot. If the fastest way involves leaving the car there, and MK and EP both currently close at 10PM (11/12), will there be any issue getting back to the EP parking lot following MK close (even if we "take our time" getting out of the park)?

We are staying at AOA and have a 740 breakfast at Ohana. What time should we be at the bus stop? I am also debating taking an uber? Any advice is appreciated.
I would take Uber in a heartbeat in this scenario. If you have never used Uber before, you can use my code (40gk1ue) to get your first ride free. I use Uber regularly when traveling from resort to resort as it is so much quicker and it is incredibly easy to do.

Without looking through 240 pages, can anyone tell me if when they added the extra bus depots at MK, did they add a bus from MK to Epcot? The first post of the thread still lists just the monorail as the only way to get directly from MK to Epcot, but I thought they were adding a bus line a year or two ago.

My sister and I are hoping to leave Epcot and hop over to MK to see MSEP one last time at 8:00, probably Wishes at 9:00, then be back at Epcot for Illuminations at 10:00. I think a bus would be faster than the two monorail lines, so I was hoping that would be an option.

Thanks!

Without looking through 240 pages, can anyone tell me if when they added the extra bus depots at MK, did they add a bus from MK to Epcot? The first post of the thread still lists just the monorail as the only way to get directly from MK to Epcot, but I thought they were adding a bus line a year or two ago.

My sister and I are hoping to leave Epcot and hop over to MK to see MSEP one last time at 8:00, probably Wishes at 9:00, then be back at Epcot for Illuminations at 10:00. I think a bus would be faster than the two monorail lines, so I was hoping that would be an option.

Thanks!
No, there is no bus as long as the monorail is running.

You can take a bus from MK to BC and walk in thru the IG, but I think the chances of making it to Illuminations leaving MK at 9:15 after Wishes are low. Everyone else will be leaving the park at the same time. Maybe if you watch from the base of Main St. and speed-walk to the bus stop & to IG, but be prepared to be disappointed.

Thanks!

you could also speed walk to the Contemporary and have an Uber transport you to the Boardwalk or Beach Club, then hustle over to IG entrance to Epcot. It will be tight though.

Staying at the Poly, have a PPO ADR at 820am at the GardenGrill/Epcot. It's on a Tuesday, so monorail might be down? Best way to get there in time?

Staying at the Poly, have a PPO ADR at 820am at the GardenGrill/Epcot. It's on a Tuesday, so monorail might be down? Best way to get there in time?
Much like I suggested to a pp with similar scenario I would take Uber in a heartbeat. If you have never used Uber before, you can use my code (40gk1ue) to get your first ride free. I use Uber regularly when traveling from resort to resort as it is so much quicker and it is incredibly easy to do

7:40AM res at Chef Mickey's then day at MK. Staying at CBR.
What's my best bet? Uber? CBR to MK then to Contemporary?
I'd like to avoid leaving CBR at 5AM, lol.

7:40AM res at Chef Mickey's then day at MK. Staying at CBR.
What's my best bet? Uber? CBR to MK then to Contemporary?
I'd like to avoid leaving CBR at 5AM, lol.
Definitely Uber, but directly to Contemporary. Since taxis, Uber , etc arent allowed to the front gate of MK, so theyd take you to the TTC instead.. In my experience, Uber are usually less than 5 minutes away anytime ive requted one, so leaving your resort around 7 or a little after will get you there on time. If you're new to uber, feel free to use my code for a free ride (40gk1ue).

No, there is no bus as long as the monorail is running.

You can take a bus from MK to BC and walk in thru the IG, but I think the chances of making it to Illuminations leaving MK at 9:15 after Wishes are low. Everyone else will be leaving the park at the same time. Maybe if you watch from the base of Main St. and speed-walk to the bus stop & to IG, but be prepared to be disappointed.

Thanks. I hadn't considered taking a bus to BC, but we might do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter