Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Can you tell me how long to go from Epcot to Ohana for a 9pm ressie?? I know the monorail to TTC but then would we switch monorails or just walk over? Which would be easiest and quickest? Thanks!! This is for our Nov. trip(first part)

Can you tell me how long to go from Epcot to Ohana for a 9pm ressie?? I know the monorail to TTC but then would we switch monorails or just walk over? Which would be easiest and quickest? Thanks!! This is for our Nov. trip(first part)
Depends how quickly the resort monorail shows up. I'd say it's probably a 10 minute walk. The monorail would drop you off very close to the restaurant (at the lobby, on the same floor). I'd probably recommend the monorail.

I hope it's okay that I didn't go through 239 pages / 6 years of forum threads to see if my specific routes are mentioned and sufficiently up-to-date (I did go back a few pages!), but how long would you experts advise I plan for WDW transit for the following routes/times? Are there any of these you would particularly advise taking a Lyft for?

* AK to Hollywood Studios to set up and see 7:30pm Fantasmic! (~6:30-7pm arrival?)
* MK to Epcot for 6:20pm Biergarten ADR (~6pm arrival)
* Epcot to Grand Floridian for 3pm massage (2:45pm arrival)

Much appreciated! :hippie:

Dining reservation at California Grill at 9:30 PM

Still possible to get a bus back to Pop Century from MK after?

Dining reservation at California Grill at 9:30 PM

Still possible to get a bus back to Pop Century from MK after?
Depends on MK closing time. There's no set time for the buses to stop running; they run until the MK is empty of Guests. That's generally at least an hour after closing time, including EMH & parties.

Depends how quickly the resort monorail shows up. I'd say it's probably a 10 minute walk. The monorail would drop you off very close to the restaurant (at the lobby, on the same floor). I'd probably recommend the monorail.
Thank you so much, trying to get my ducks in a row!

Depends on MK closing time. There's no set time for the buses to stop running; they run until the MK is empty of Guests. That's generally at least an hour after closing time, including EMH & parties.
You are an optimist, aren't you. :rotfl2:

Maybe the crowds are not as bad now as when I drove MK but the park was never clear of day guests in an hour. For that fact, I can't think of any park that was clear of day guests in an hour. The closest park to that hour was AK at a 5pm close but there you still could catch a Rainforest bus back to your resort. The only place that you could depend on a set closing time was PI. After the 0215 run, it was all buses left to FIW.

Viking7641, you can't get transportation to a closed park (though there are a couple of exceptions to that), but in your case, you can walk over to MK to grab a bus as long as they are still running. If they have cleared the park and released the buses, your only Disney option is to take a bus to DS and then transfer to a Pop bus.

Ok my little transportation gurus. My dd has just told me she wants to go to JellyRolls this Sunday night. It will be her first time. Ok...we're staying at OKW. Best option to get back is bus to DS, but what then? I assume OKW has buses running from DS later in the evening, right?

You are an optimist, aren't you. :rotfl2:

Maybe the crowds are not as bad now as when I drove MK but the park was never clear of day guests in an hour. For that fact, I can't think of any park that was clear of day guests in an hour. The closest park to that hour was AK at a 5pm close but there you still could catch a Rainforest bus back to your resort. The only place that you could depend on a set closing time was PI. After the 0215 run, it was all buses left to FIW.
I remember a cold, cold January night before I became a cm. I think it was the 25th Anniversary year, and Disney had promised to run the fireworks and the nighttime parade (I think it was Spectro at that time) every night of the year. I watched the parade in Frontierland, and as I walked thru Liberty Square towards the exit, there was -- literally -- not another Guest in sight. In fact, I was being followed by Security & OPS managers. I'm sure I was among the last few Guests out of the park, probably just about an hour after closing.

But it's been about 5 years since I drove nights, and I can't remember exactly what time the parks cleared, so I err on the side of caution. I suspect on some EMH nights at less busy times of the year, it's possible the park could clear in a little over an hour (but maybe not now that EMH is only 2 hours.) And I think I recall (but I could be mistaken) some mid-winter non-Fantasmic nights when Studios cleared out in about an hour.

Ok my little transportation gurus. My dd has just told me she wants to go to JellyRolls this Sunday night. It will be her first time. Ok...we're staying at OKW. Best option to get back is bus to DS, but what then? I assume OKW has buses running from DS later in the evening, right?
Yes, certainly, although the last boat leaves at 11:20, I think.

Or maybe the elusive late-night BW-to-all resorts shuttle will be running. :)

Yes, certainly, although the last boat leaves at 11:20, I think.

Or maybe the elusive late-night BW-to-all resorts shuttle will be running. :)
Hopefully we'll be back to DS prior to 11:15!!! Maybe just stay for a few hours and then finish up at MK. If we decided not to head to MK, just want to get back to OKW from BW, with least number of transfers. Crap, why did she decide she wanted to bond with me now????

We have a 7:35pm ADR at WCC. We're staying at CBR, but plan to be resort hopping that day, mainly around the monorail. So we could be coming from the hotel or from that area. Any advice on how to get there?

We have a 7:35pm ADR at WCC. We're staying at CBR, but plan to be resort hopping that day, mainly around the monorail. So we could be coming from the hotel or from that area. Any advice on how to get there?
From CBR, take a bus to MK, and then you have a choice of boat or bus to WL.

If you're at CR, there's also a boat from there to WL. From Poly or GF, take the monorail or a boat to MK, and then boat or bus.

Staying at Poly, eating at Cape May Cafe. Is our best option to take bus or monorail to Epcot and then walk to Beach club? or is there other options? thank you :-)

If I park at HS
Spend the day there
Then take the boat to Epcot
How late will transportation be running from Epcot to HS so that I can get back to my car?

Thanks!

Staying at Poly, eating at Cape May Cafe. Is our best option to take bus or monorail to Epcot and then walk to Beach club? or is there other options? thank you :-)
Best route is boat or monorail to MK, then bus to Beach Club.

There's no bus from Poly to Epcot, and you can't walk from the monorail to BC unless Epcot is open and you have park admission.

If I park at HS
Spend the day there
Then take the boat to Epcot
How late will transportation be running from Epcot to HS so that I can get back to my car?

Thanks!
The boats run until 1 hour after the earlier of Epcot or DHS closing, but the bus from the front of Epcot to DHS will run until all guests are out of Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter