Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We're planning dinner at Big River Grille on the Boardwalk the first night of our December trip and will be going straight there from the Magic Kingdom. My question is, what's the best way to get from the MK to the Boardwalk? Should we take the Boardwalk Inn bus from the MK or is there a better way?

That's the best way...I stay at BW a lot, I always take the bus to MK and back. You could take a cab, but you would have to get over to the CR or back to the TTC to do that.

We have dinner reservations at DTD-Ragland Road at 5:30 on a sunday evening in early October. We will be coming from EPCOT (a deminar from 3-3:45pm) so we'll be closer to the front of Epcot than to the International Gateway.

Are we better off walking back through the IG to Boardwalk and taking their bus to DTD
OR
Take POR or SS bus from the front of Epcot and either boat from POR or walk from SS to DTD?

If we leave Epcot right after the demo/seminar at 3:45, we should be okay time-wise, shouldn't we?

I've read that after the late HDDR showing there are buses outside to the resorts. Does anyone know if it's the same for the late Spirit of Aloha show? MK and Epcot both close at 9 that night... We are staying at POR so I figured we could just do the bus to Downtown Disney and boat from there if there's no resort buses.

Thanks! :)

How long will it take me and about how much will it cost to grab a cab from CBR to Beach Club? I have a Beaches & Cream ADR at 11:00 on 12/24.

Thanks!

We have dinner reservations at DTD-Ragland Road at 5:30 on a sunday evening in early October. We will be coming from EPCOT (a deminar from 3-3:45pm) so we'll be closer to the front of Epcot than to the International Gateway.

Are we better off walking back through the IG to Boardwalk and taking their bus to DTD
OR
Take POR or SS bus from the front of Epcot and either boat from POR or walk from SS to DTD?

If we leave Epcot right after the demo/seminar at 3:45, we should be okay time-wise, shouldn't we?
I would avoid the boat, given the time constraint.

I think if you walk from WoL out to the Epcot bus load zones, and walk to Raglan Road from SSR Congress Park station, that your total wait + travel time should be around an hour, so you should be well within your time limit.

Taking the DTD bus from BC would probably be about the same under ideal conditions, but there's more opportunity for delays: if the bus fills up, it could be a while for a 2nd bus; traffic on the road to DTD could be a problem at that time of day. At the Epcot load zone, you'll be in a queue, the bus will be loading empty (i.e. no prior stop), and if the bus should fill up, Epcot bus ops can get a 2nd bus there much more quickly. And the drive from Epcot is more direct, with less opportunity for traffic delays.

I would avoid the boat, given the time constraint.

I think if you walk from WoL out to the Epcot bus load zones, and walk to Raglan Road from SSR Congress Park station, that your total wait + travel time should be around an hour, so you should be well within your time limit.

Taking the DTD bus from BC would probably be about the same under ideal conditions, but there's more opportunity for delays: if the bus fills up, it could be a while for a 2nd bus; traffic on the road to DTD could be a problem at that time of day. At the Epcot load zone, you'll be in a queue, the bus will be loading empty (i.e. no prior stop), and if the bus should fill up, Epcot bus ops can get a 2nd bus there much more quickly. And the drive from Epcot is more direct, with less opportunity for traffic delays.

Thank you! I've actually changed my Ragland Rd dinner ADR to a couple hours later, just in case! We'll find plenty to do and see at DTD and I'd rather be early than late!

We are staying at All Star Movie resort and have dinner reservations at Wilderness resort. How long will it take to get there? Is there a direct route or will we have to change buses at some point? TIA!

We are staying at All Star Movie resort and have dinner reservations at Wilderness resort. How long will it take to get there? Is there a direct route or will we have to change buses at some point? TIA!
Welcome to the DIS boards!!! Yes, you will have to make a change. Take the bus to MK, from All Star Movies. When you get to MK you will have two options..boat or bus. I like the boat..it's just more peaceful and relaxing. So, when you get off your bus, walk towards MK (with everyone else getting off the bus!). You will see the ferry dock on your left, then another dock, on your left, almost directly across from the entrance to MK bag check/turn stiles. This is where you want to be. Go to the side of the dock that services WL....I assume you mean Wilderness Lodge vs Fort Wilderness. When the boat gets to WL, hop off and take the path (very nice) up to the Lodge and your ADR!
If you mean Ft Wilderness, it's almost the same. Just stay on the boat until you get to FtW, and walk up to the restaurant.
I always plan on at least an hour to get from resort to resort.

I've read that after the late HDDR showing there are buses outside to the resorts. Does anyone know if it's the same for the late Spirit of Aloha show? MK and Epcot both close at 9 that night... We are staying at POR so I figured we could just do the bus to Downtown Disney and boat from there if there's no resort buses.

Thanks! :)
Anyone?

The only way to find out about the monorails operating hours, is to walk over to a monorail CM?

We stayed at CR during the last week of July. We never knew minute by minute when the monorail was running. We would arrive at the monorail escalator during normal operational times, and it would be closed with no monorail CM standing there to provide information. Sometimes a CM would show up and provide info, but many times not. We left MK one day and were seated on a monorail only to be told to get off because it was undergoing maintenance.

It was extremely frustrating because we specifically booked the Contemporary Resort ONLY because it was on the monorail. We had planned on using it every day except for the one day we were taking the bus to Hollywood Studios. We didn't hear about the monorail refurbishment until it was too late to change resorts. We could have stayed at a value resort and used the bus like 3 times before and saved myself thousands of dollars.

Live and learn...

I've never heard of there being buses after the Luau. I think one of the reasons for the buses at HDDR is that the location is so far inside the resort....at the Polynesian it's easy to get a cab, or a bus to DTD if MK is closed.
The buses running at HDDR are basically DTD buses...they just stop at a bunch of resorts on the way. At least that's the way it used to be..
If you find yourself at the Polynesian, after the Luau, you can take a cab back to POR. Or, take the bus to DTD, and then the boat to POR from there, as you mentioned. The cab will be faster, but the boat is sooooo nice.

I feel dumb for asking... What is the speediest/simplest option for a party of 10 (3 smallish kids) to return to the Poly after Illuminations? And Fantasmic?

Thank you so much!

I feel dumb for asking... What is the speediest/simplest option for a party of 10 (3 smallish kids) to return to the Poly after Illuminations? And Fantasmic?

Thank you so much!
Speediest for 10? I don't think that's possible. If you have a 16 passenger van, then it will be a toss up between the bus or driving. If you don't, then most likely going to be the bus for both parks.

Thank you so much!
Illuminations: Monorail. Depending where your room is at the Poly, it may be faster to walk from the TTC to your room, rather than transfer to the resort monorail
Fantasmic: Bus or multiple taxis.

Speediest for 10? I don't think that's possible. If you have a 16 passenger van, then it will be a toss up between the bus or driving. If you don't, then most likely going to be the bus for both parks.[/QUOT

No 16 passenger van, unfortunately! On more than one occasion, I I have wished I had one, though!

Illuminations: Monorail. Depending where your room is at the Poly, it may be faster to walk from the TTC to your room, rather than transfer to the resort monorail
Fantasmic: Bus or multiple taxis.
Thank you!!

Yep, The monorail from EPCOT will be convenient, may not be fast. If you are on the side closest to the TTC, walking is not that bad. Those rooms are really close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter