Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I hope this is the thread to ask this question. We will be taking a cruise next year in May and after our cruise we are headed to WDW. We don't have tickets to MK for the day we arrive but we do for the following day. Since we disembark SO early from the cruise, will there be enough to do around WDW without having tickets to the park? Also, will we be able to use the WDW transportation the day we arrive? We are staying at the Disney Movie Resort which seems like its far from everything. If we are able to use the WDW transportation the day we arrive, how far is it and how long will it take to get to Downtown Disney. I imagine this would be an area we can walk around in. This will be our first time at WDW which is why I have all these questions.

All these places that people have been mentioning on here are all new to me. Can you get around WDW without having to take taxi? We won't have a car so I am hoping we will be able to take all Disney buses.

One more question, are we allowed to take the monorail the day we arrive if we don't have MK tickets for that day? I love the idea of using it to go and visit some of the amazing resorts to possibly have lunch there. My kids have never experienced the monorail so to them they would be happy taking it all day if they could.
Thank you.

Anyone is allowed to use the transportation at WDW - you don't have to have a ticket or an onsite reservation. It's about a 15 minute bus ride to Downtown Disney, and yes, it's a place you can walk around - it's a shopping and dining area. You can definitely get around WDW without taking taxis - it's usually recommended as a way to get from one resort to another since the buses don't go from one resort to another. If you want to visit the monorail resorts, just take your resort bus to the MK then get on the resort monorail. (You don't enter the MK to get on the monorail, so you wouldn't be using your tickets.)

1. Can someone give me a list of how long it takes to get from AKL - Kidani to each of the parks and DTD? Finally checked out a map and it looks WAY OUT!
2. Someone mentioned that busses continue running for 90 minutes after a park closes. So if EPCOT closes at 9pm and we head to Boardwalk for about an hour I can still grab a bus back to AKL from EPCOT? IS the International Gateway closed? Do I have to take a bus from BWI to EPCOT to get a bus to AKL? (Trying to avoid a cab)
THANKS!!!

1. Can someone give me a list of how long it takes to get from AKL - Kidani to each of the parks and DTD? Finally checked out a map and it looks WAY OUT!
2. Someone mentioned that busses continue running for 90 minutes after a park closes. So if EPCOT closes at 9pm and we head to Boardwalk for about an hour I can still grab a bus back to AKL from EPCOT? IS the International Gateway closed? Do I have to take a bus from BWI to EPCOT to get a bus to AKL? (Trying to avoid a cab)
THANKS!!!
Yes, Kidani is further out than other resorts. But it's really not a huge deal. I forget how long it took me to get to the parks from there....it certainly wasn't long enough to have me refuse to stay there again! Love it there. I would figure on 15+ mins to the parks. Well, except AK. That's really close.
And yes, buses run for while after the parks close. But you wouldn't be allowed back into EPCOT to get a bus...at least not that long after the park closed. You could take a bus to DTD from BW and then transfer to the AKL bus, but that's time consuming. A cab really is your best bet.

THANKS!!!
If MK is still open, including EMH or MNSSHP, you can take a bus to MK & get the bus to AKL there. But the park must still be open when you board the first bus; the driver will not let you on a bus to a closed park unless your car is parked there. After all parks are closed, your options are a bus to DTD or a cab (or Uber.)

Is there a fixed schedule for the boats that travel between countries at Epcot (to Italy, Mexico, Canada, and Morocco)? Do a lot of people use them? I’m trying to figure out if there will be a wait for these boats.

Hi

We have our first trip booked without a car!

I'm wondering how to get from AoA to both mini golf courses?

What time do buses run from/ to downtown Disney ?

Hi

We have our first trip booked without a car!

For Winter Summerland, take the bus to Blizzard Beach. For Fantasia Gardens, you'll need to transfer at a park or Downtown Disney and take a bus to the Swan.

For Fantasia Gardens, you'll need to transfer at a park or Downtown Disney and take a bus to the Swan.
If DHS is open, take the bus to DHS. From there you can take the boat to the Swan, or walk directly to FG. Shortest walking route (about a mile):
  1. Take the walkway "to the Boardwalk," starting near space 24 in the charter bus lot.
  2. Immediately after going under the bridge, take the pathway to the right up the hill to the street.
  3. At the top of the hill, turn right crossing the bridge over the path.
  4. Continue along the street, and turn right at the traffic light.
  5. Walk past the Swan to the crosswalk to the tennis courts & FG.
You can also take a taxi between AoA & FG; it will probably be about $5 each way. You may have to call for a taxi at FG, or the cm at the starter desk may do it for you.

Buses to DTD start running about 8:30am, and return buses run until 2am.

I guess it depends on time of day, and how fast you want to get there. When I was at BW last year, I took the bus to DTD, and planned on taking the boat to OKW...but the boats weren't running, so had to wait for a bus...which took forever. Got there just in time for my ADR. So, if speed and ease is most important, I would take a cab. Otherwise, take a bus to DTD, then boat to OKW...nice, relaxing way to go...if you have the time.

There are no issues with these buses. Of course BC people are 'stuck waiting'...YC is the first stop. But long times? Nope, not because the bus is at YC. And they don't get filled up either. You can walk to YC if you want, but you certainly don't have to. The time you spend walking there is more time than you'll wait for a bus...more than likely! I've stayed at BC...the buses there are no worse, no better than at other resorts.

Hi is the circuit still YC - BC Swan- Dolphin then to MK? Just trying to remember how long that usually takes with the stops. Thanks!

I was at the Dolphin last week. We never went to YC/BC. I took the bus to MK and AK from the Dolphin. The day I moved to SSR, from Dolphin, I don't remember stopping at either resort. I believe the bus stopped at BW first, then the Swan, then Dolphin.
I believe that BW and the S/D share a route, and YC/BC share.

Couple of questions -

1. What would be the best/fastest way to get to Epcot from AK?
2. Anybody have any experience with these apps - DPart or OLP WDW Transportation Wizard?

Couple of questions -

2. Anybody have any experience with these apps - DPart or OLP WDW Transportation Wizard?

1. Direct bus.

2. The general consensus around here is that the Transportation wizard is pretty useless. I'm not familiar with the other one.

we are staying at ssr in nov. and we got 8am res at bog, we will have a car that morning, would it be easier to go to epcot and park and take monorail to mk or just park at mk? i don't know what to expect crowds to be like at this time of the morning. mk opens at 9.

Couple of questions -

1. direct bus from AK to Epcot.
2. The issue with OLP Transportation Wizard is that they don't update it. It has some good info, but if you're not familiar with WDW, you could find yourself trusting outdated route info!!! Just ask here, on the Transportation board. You'll get up to the minute info.

we are staying at ssr in nov. and we got 8am res at bog, we will have a car that morning, would it be easier to go to epcot and park and take monorail to mk or just park at mk? i don't know what to expect crowds to be like at this time of the morning. mk opens at 9.
If you really want to drive, I would just head to the TTC and park there. Taking the monorail from Epcot is going to take a lot longer and you have to transfer at the TTC in any case. For an ADR at 8, I would plan on leaving SSR by 7:15 so that you have time to park and then get over to MK. You could always take the bus as well.....I would be out at the bus stop by 7:00ish...just in case you just miss the bus, and have to wait for the next one.

oh thank you! yes i would rather take the bus, i just didnt know if they would be running that early. we're renting a car the day before to get groceries, unfortunately we have to break away from mk to get it back around noon. thank you again for your help. this is our second time to disney! many firsts for us!

oh thank you! yes i would rather take the bus, i just didnt know if they would be running that early. we're renting a car the day before to get groceries, unfortunately we have to break away from mk to get it back around noon. thank you again for your help. this is our second time to disney! many firsts for us!
Did you know there are grocery deliver services that will shop for you and then deliver right to your resort? I use GardenGrocer a lot. Yes, there is a delivery charge...about $15 I believe and you do tip them, but you aren't spending time in a grocery store, and it's a lot cheaper than a rental car. Just a thought.
And yes, the buses start running by 6:30am, every day......to get guests to their early ADRs!! I'm not sure I would be thrilled about taking time away from my fun at MK to return a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter