Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hello Disers.
I am going to have lunch at the Whispering Canyon and after that I wan to visit the resorts around there, do I need to be staying @ a resort to ride the Disney Bus? Do i need a magic band?
I know that in the past I would just hop on the bus and go.....
Th x

Getting to/from The Boardwalk - we're staying at CSR & plan a non park evening at Beaches & Cream & Boardwalk .... Without using a park admission is there a way to get there & back?

Getting to/from The Boardwalk - we're staying at CSR & plan a non park evening at Beaches & Cream & Boardwalk .... Without using a park admission is there a way to get there & back?

The easiest would be to take a taxi, but if you want to use Disney transportation, bus to DHS, then boat or walk to Boardwalk.

Hello Disers.
I am going to have lunch at the Whispering Canyon and after that I wan to visit the resorts around there, do I need to be staying @ a resort to ride the Disney Bus? Do i need a magic band?
I know that in the past I would just hop on the bus and go.....
Th x
Anyone can ride the buses, boats and monorails. No need for a magic band. Just hop on and hop off as you like.

I would take the bus to DHS...then depending on your mood, walk or boat to YC/BC/BW. If you end up being there late, I would just take a cab back to CSR. You can take a bus, late at night, but it's basically a DTD bus that will make stops at resorts along the way...takes a very long time.

Thanks ! I'll look at dhs hours & maybe we'll take a bus there & a cab back... That seems like it might make the most sense

We will be going to both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (on different days) when we are there in July. We would like to be there when they open. I am not exactly sure how the buses run to the water parks. Do they have their own buses or are they shared with a park somehow. We are staying at POR. Any info greatly appreciated :beach:
Here some info on the POR buses and a great website to learn more about the resort: http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php
I have to say this is one of the best explanations of Disney Transport I've seen. I just have a few points to add regarding water parks specifically:
  • BB shares with AK, and TL shares with DTD, as stated. The marquee on the bus will show both destinations, alternately flashing BB & AK, for example.
  • Buses start going to the water parks 30 to 60 minutes before water park opening. Buses to AK or DTD before that time normally will not stop at the waterparks, but you can ask the driver if it's within 1 hour of opening, and he/she may be able to accommodate you (ask before boarding the bus.)
  • DTD buses stop at TL until 2pm only. After 2pm, all TL passengers must transfer at Epcot; so to get from POR to TL after 2pm, take the bus to Epcot (it will not show TL on the marquee.) Also, between 11am & 2pm, buses will stop at DTD before TL, so it may take an hour to get to TL.
  • AK buses will stop at BB all day, but after 11am, it's only on request. Be sure to tell the bus driver that you are going to BB.
  • If you see an AK or DTD bus that is not displaying the water park on the marquee at a time when it should be servicing the water park, check with the driver. It may be a bus that was added to go just to the theme park due to crowd levels, or it may simply be that the computer controlling the marquee is not working right.

Last edited:

Really ! Thank you ! Could you tell me how long of a walk it is? This is my first time dining outside of the theme parks so please excuse me if the answers are obvious ;)

Really ! Thank you ! Could you tell me how long of a walk it is? This is my first time dining outside of the theme parks so please excuse me if the answers are obvious ;)
When you get off the bus, at MK, walk with the crowd towards MK. The group will go left, you want to stay left....as soon as you get to the 'end' of the bus area (on your immediate right), go right, with the monorail overhead, the park on your left, bus stops on your right. There should be a sign telling you it's the walkway to the CR. You will come to a road..it's a busy road. Push the pedestrian cross button....cross the street. You're at the CR/BLT parking lots. Keep on walking....then, you're at the CR.
As mentioned already, it's less than 10 mins...I do it in 8, easily.

OK .... about staying at a DTD hotel...? We'll be in the Hilton LBV. What's my best bet for getting to/from Epcot? The Magic Kingdom? DTD hotel bus? Walk to DTD and get on some other transportation there?

OK .... about staying at a DTD hotel...? We'll be in the Hilton LBV. What's my best bet for getting to/from Epcot? The Magic Kingdom? DTD hotel bus? Walk to DTD and get on some other transportation there?
The DTD Hotel bus is the best way. They go to EPCOT directly and drop you off in the bus lot. I believe those buses run on a 30 minute schedule. Other than this a cab is your best way. All others will take a long time as the Disney DTD buses don't go to the parks, you need to go to a resort and transfer.

Is there a bus from:

1. Blizzard Beach to Epcot, or do I have to change buses somewhere?
2. Typhoon Lagoon to Epcot?
3. Blizzard Beach to DHS?
4. Typhoon Lagoon to DHS?

Thanks so much for any help! :)

Is there a bus from:

1. Blizzard Beach to Epcot,
Yes.
2. Typhoon Lagoon to Epcot?
Yes, but only after 2pm.
3. Blizzard Beach to DHS?
Yes.
4. Typhoon Lagoon to DHS?
No.
  • Before 11am, buses run from TL to DTD.
  • Between 11am - 2pm, buses run from TL to resorts only. Take bus to Swan Hotel, transfer to boat to DHS. Or bus to Pop or AoA, then bus to DHS.
  • After 2pm, buses run from TL only to Epcot. Take bus from Epcot to DHS.

I am staying at AK and have an appointment at Bibbidy Bobbidy at 9 am. What time do the busses start running to DTD in the morning? And are there busses that go from DTD to MK?

Yes.

Yes, but only after 2pm.

Yes.

No.
  • Before 11am, buses run from TL to DTD.
  • Between 11am - 2pm, buses run from TL to resorts only. Take bus to Swan Hotel, transfer to boat to DHS. Or bus to Pop or AoA, then bus to DHS.
  • After 2pm, buses run from TL only to Epcot. Take bus from Epcot to DHS.
Wow, thank you SO much. Excellent information. I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter