Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Can you take a taxi to the magic kingdom? I had heard you have to take a taxi to the TTC. That they don't go to MK, and you are better off taking a taxi to the Contemporary and walking...

Taxis don't go to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom, so you would have to either take it to the TTC or the Contemporary. Which is better is subjective. Taking it to the Contemporary and walking would probably be faster (it's about a 10 minute walk), but some people like the experience of taking the monorail or the ferry. (The whole idea of putting the Seven Seas Lagoon in front of the Magic Kingdom was to heighten the anticipation of arrival.)

Taxis don't go to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom, so you would have to either take it to the TTC or the Contemporary. Which is better is subjective. Taking it to the Contemporary and walking would probably be faster (it's about a 10 minute walk), but some people like the experience of taking the monorail or the ferry. (The whole idea of putting the Seven Seas Lagoon in front of the Magic Kingdom was to heighten the anticipation of arrival.)

well, that being known, I'd rather taxi to the GF since that is the last stop before MK on the resort loop... will they let you in if you aren't a guest there?

Having been to DTD since they started construction - what areas have bus stops now? Is it just marketplace? I heard West Side & Pleasure Island stops have now been permanentely removed?
That is correct. The new bus depot will be built in the former location of the PI depot. Until it opens, the Marketplace is the only operating depot.

Dumb question on getting from Boardwalk area resorts (incl. Swan/Dolphin) to Epcot Int'l Gateway.

I haven't been to the parks in 10+ years and I thought I remembered that from the Boardwalk you had to take the long way around (past Yacht and Beach club) to get inside Epcot. But looking at current maps, it looks like there's actually a more straightforward path (and I guess a bridge). Is that new, or am I crazy?

Also, on some maps it looks like if you wanted to walk from the Swan, going past Boardwalk would be the smarter route, or at least wash. But on other maps it looks like you'd be crazy to go the Boardwalk side and should go past Y&B instead:

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/sillym001234/media/route-1.jpg.html

Specific reason for asking: Having dinner at the Swan, wanted to have a nice stroll to World Showcase after.

Dumb question on getting from Boardwalk area resorts (incl. Swan/Dolphin) to Epcot Int'l Gateway.

I haven't been to the parks in 10+ years and I thought I remembered that from the Boardwalk you had to take the long way around (past Yacht and Beach club) to get inside Epcot. But looking at current maps, it looks like there's actually a more straightforward path (and I guess a bridge). Is that new, or am I crazy?

I think it's always been that way.

Also, on some maps it looks like if you wanted to walk from the Swan, going past Boardwalk would be the smarter route, or at least wash. But on other maps it looks like you'd be crazy to go the Boardwalk side and should go past Y&B instead:

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/sillym001234/media/route-1.jpg.html

Specific reason for asking: Having dinner at the Swan, wanted to have a nice stroll to World Showcase after.

It would probably help you to look at a map that is to scale rather than an unscaled drawing:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...2!3m1!1s0x88dd7fafde6c311b:0xea245263cb7597bd

It looks like a wash to me. If you really want to know for sure you can measure it in Google Earth.

I don't remember too well because I usually stay at Port Orleans and take the boat instead of the bus, but...

Do they run buses from Downtown Disney straight to the parks? I'm trying to figure out how long it should take to get from an early lunch at T-Rex to Hollywood Studios by midafternoon.

I don't remember too well because I usually stay at Port Orleans and take the boat instead of the bus, but...

Do they run buses from Downtown Disney straight to the parks? I'm trying to figure out how long it should take to get from an early lunch at T-Rex to Hollywood Studios by midafternoon.

No, there aren't buses that run between DTD and the parks. Using Disney transportation, you'll have to take a bus to one of the Epcot resorts, then take the boat or walk to DHS.

No, there aren't buses that run between DTD and the parks. Using Disney transportation, you'll have to take a bus to one of the Epcot resorts, then take the boat or walk to DHS.

I would estimate a full hour (maybe a smidge more.)

Which mode of transportation would you suggest for getting from the Beach Club to HS...boat or walking?

Which mode of transportation would you suggest for getting from the Beach Club to HS...boat or walking?
I actually prefer walking...but I like to walk to begin with, and tend to be a faster than normal walker. The boat ride is nice and relaxing. When taking the boat from YC/BC, to DHS, the boat will go to the S/D and then to DHS. It's probably a wash when it comes to the time it takes. If it's humid or rainy, then I usually take the boat.
But....I am usually walking from BW to DHS..so it's a bit closer. If the boat to DHS is nowhere in sight, but the boat to Epcot is there, ready to go, I would hop on the boat to Epcot and get off at BW (next stop) and then walk to DHS.

Does anyone have a list of what resorts or parks have different forms of transportation? Like I know certain resorts have boat rides but to what locations?

Dd (14) and I will be staying at WL in Sept, no car, Disney transportation only. We are planning on going to an 8PM Spirit of Aloha show. I was planning on doing that on a night that MK had EMH so I know for sure transportation will be running. But, it sounds like it would be fairly simple and inexpensive to just get a cab back to the WL.

Any advice?
thanks

If my flight lands at 12:30 and I am staying at Beach Club (if there are no flight delays) show I be able to make a 2:30 Beaches and Cream reservation if taking ME?? Thanks

If my flight lands at 12:30 and I am staying at Beach Club (if there are no flight delays) show I be able to make a 2:30 Beaches and Cream reservation if taking ME?? Thanks
Maybe. I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance. Keep in mind that you will have to pay the $10 per person no-show fee if you don't make it.

Dd (14) and I will be staying at WL in Sept, no car, Disney transportation only. We are planning on going to an 8PM Spirit of Aloha show. I was planning on doing that on a night that MK had EMH so I know for sure transportation will be running. But, it sounds like it would be fairly simple and inexpensive to just get a cab back to the WL.

Any advice?
thanks
A cab wouldn't be very expensive...and would be a lot faster than using Disney transportation. Bell services at the Polynesian can call you a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter