*Official* Great British Bake off Discussion Thread *may contain spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagOLaughs

Well I ain't evil, I'm just good looking
Hey everyone,

I absolutely love GBBO!!! So in preparation for the first episode tonight I thought I'd start a thread which we can discuss every weeks episode!

Beware there will be SPOILERS BELOW!

Here are all the contestants with their names for reference.

GBBO 2015.JPG

Week 1 - Cakes
  • Signature bake - Madeira cake
  • Technical challenge - Walnut cake
  • Show stopper - Black Forest Gateau
  • Star baker - Marie
  • Bye bye - Stu
  • Memorable moment - Dorret's melting chocolate moose

Week 2 - Biscuits
  • Signature bake - Biscotti
  • Technical challenge - Arlettes
  • Show stopper - Biscuit box with biscuits inside
  • Star baker - Ian
  • Bye bye - Marie
  • Memorable moment - Favorite Marie leaving the bake off and Sue broke Nadiya's biscuit lid
Week 3 - Dough
  • Signature bake - Quick Bread
  • Technical challenge - Baguettes
  • Show stopper - 3D bread sculpture
  • Star baker - Ian (again)
  • Bye bye - Dorret
  • Memorable moment - Paul's lion bread and special commendation
Week 3 - Desserts
  • Signature bake - crème brulee
  • Technical challenge - Spanische Windtorte
  • Show stopper - three-tiered cheesecake
  • Star baker - Ian (what again again?)
  • Bye bye - Sandy Docherty
  • Memorable moment - the collapse of cooked cheese cakes
Week 4 - Alternative ingredients
  • Signature bake - Sugar free cake
  • Technical challenge - Gluten free pita bread
  • Show stopper - Dairy free ice cream roll
  • Star baker - Nadiya
  • Bye bye - Ugne
  • Memorable moment - hilarity as paul tries to make his pink bikini clad bather decent.
Week 4 - Pastry
  • Signature bake - open-topped frangipane tart with shortcrust pastry
  • Technical challenge - Flaouna
  • Show stopper - Vol-au-vent
  • Star baker - Matt
  • Bye bye - Alvin
  • Memorable moment - poor Nadia's lop sided vol-au-vents.
Week 4 - Recipes from the past
  • Signature bake -
  • Technical challenge -
  • Show stopper -
  • Star baker -
  • Bye bye -
  • Memorable moment -

Last edited:

Oh that poor woman with her Black Forest cake that just turned to mush when she pulled it out!!! I almost cried for her. I do think the correct one went this week though, he was not strong in nearly all the categorys, whats do others think?

I also thought Mary sounded really chesty on tonights show, like she was getting over a really bad cold.

Oh that poor woman with her Black Forest cake that just turned to mush when she pulled it out!!! I almost cried for her. I do think the correct one went this week though, he was not strong in nearly all the categorys, whats do others think?

I also thought Mary sounded really chesty on tonights show, like she was getting over a really bad cold.

I saw that cake spill over the sides of her tin, when she picked it up and I thought oh no! Don't throw it in the bin! Lol. She didn't and I'm glad she got through. We don't want another bingate.

My boyfriend was wetting himself with laughter, I shouted at him that was pretty bad taste.

I'm glad the hat guy went, he was consistently poor.

Who do you think is going to win? It will be a fun game to see if any of us is right.

I'm putting my money on Marie

Last edited:

So happy you posted this, I didn't realize that it has started!!! Love to watch with my DD. Although, while watching it makes both a little hungry :flower:

I know what you mean, i literally wanted to eat every one of those dark forest gateau cakes!

@BagOLaughs - Rachel, Great idea about the Spoiler warning, however can you ammend the title as well to include the words "may contain spoilers", that way if anyone hasnt seen it, they can make the call on if they should open it sooner rather than later! Cheers :chat:

Done and done.

This bit of the show had me laughing! That's my sort of squats! Exercise would be so much easier if I had a cupcake under my nose while doing press ups.

ezgif-453945078.gif

I think Im going to go for either Paul or Nadiya, no idea why:rotfl2:

I think Im going to go for either Paul or Nadiya, no idea why:rotfl2:

Paul looks good, except he has little to no sense of humor. I think it was Sue who was trying to make a joke with him and he just was just so stone faced.

I had no idea if we was being serious or ironic funny... o_O

Has anyone else noticed the kitchen aids mixers are now kenwood mixers.

I wonder what happened...

I love this programme but it takes me a couple of weeks to get a favourite. (And then they are usually sent off the following week.)

I also love Jo Brand's Second Slice (or "It takes two slices" as I keep calling it.) I particularly liked the picture of the squirrel cake last night.

What were they before? I hadnt noticed!:chat:

The Kitchen Aid is on the left and the Kenwood is on the right.

They used to have kitchen aid's on the bake off but have swapped. It wouldn't surprise me if it was cost saving because Kitchen Aid are about £450 and Kenwood are about £300 each. lol

mixers.png

Its week 2 tonight and the bakers are making biscuits! I do love a good biscuit.

I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter