Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by HealthyDisneyGuide, Apr 26, 2013.

1. zeferjen

zeferjen Mother Knows Best

I am definitely in for the glass slipper! We already are planning for a disney trip at this time. The only question is how to convince my dh about the coast to coast. I will hopefully have a few halfs completed by the end of this fall so I will be ready. So excited'!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. zeferjen

zeferjen Mother Knows Best

And woot! This is my 1000th post! Do I get a cupcake?

4. fashionista311

fashionista311 DIS Veteran

Oh, I am so excited!!

I haven't done a Disney race in years. Really missing it...was thinking of doing the marathon weekend races, but it didn't seem to work out with the whole wedding/honeymoon plans...

But this works out much better! And I'm a totally glass slipper kinda gal :)

And as the whole women/men thing....I think it's great that there are events that get those out there that normally wouldn't, and I'm a sucker for anything girly/pink. But....I totally understand why the men are frustrated with the corrals, too. I'm not fast enough to be competitive to win any ag awards or anything like that, but trying to get faster and hit my goal times is what keeps running fun and interesting to me...so I guess I'm a wanna-be competitive runner :lmao: Based on the times for the corrals, I would be pretty upset if I was seeded in c, as it would be tough be able to run my own race. I would also imagine if I was a c runner, it wouldn't be much fun having a stampede of guys run past me running me at a much faster pace, either. It's kinda a lose-lose situation.

I personally think my idea of giving the elite runners (like the 1:30 or faster runners...the ones who actually would win the race), a 15 minute or so head start, ensuring a woman is the first person to cross the finish, is brilliant. Then you can seed runners by ability regardless of gender, so everyone can run their own race, safely. Problem solved!

My two cents

5. dewingedpixie

dewingedpixie Mouseketeer

This is why you have a Disney Wedding the day after a Disney Race ;)

6. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

I'm gonna try and go for it. I'm retiring after the PHM.

7. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

Yeah!
    I may try too. I was ready to give up my PP, but this may be the push I need. I haven't run in over a month, but I have been walking.

8. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

I want to do this. I know I can handle a 10K, and I think I could do the half marathon too, but it would be my first, and I know I'll make myself nervous.

9. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Hey PP Joan! Hope all is well. C'mon, you can do this.

10. CruiseBoundnKY

CruiseBoundnKY DIS Veteran

I'm definitely in. :)

11. McDuck

McDuck DIS Veteran

I am in!!! Excited for a challenge that feels feasible to me!!!

12. olliffm1

olliffm1 Earning My Ears

Retire? You? No way. For some reason I don't think that's gonna happen.

And I am also trying to figure this one out in my budget. I am def in for PHM but everything else I need to wait and see the price.

13. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Hahaha. I know, I know, I'm really gonna retire this time. My feet just can't take much more abuse. I wanted to do a full year of races, and that will be it. ☺

14. fashionista311

fashionista311 DIS Veteran

ohhh, don't give me any ideas! haha

15. M likes the mouse

M likes the mouse Mouseketeer

Talk about external motivation to keep on running... That glass slipper medal has to be mine! So far, we are registered for the Dumbo and the Montreal Rock & Roll half and did not have anything else planned so far due to an upcoming trip to Africa next winter and because we want to get pregnant somewhere next year, but I can't pass this opportunity.

We are in no way in shape enough for the Inaugural Dopey, but we did the Inaugural TOT 10 miler, we are doing the Inaugural DDD and I can swear, I'll do everything to score 2 spots for the Glass slipper challenge! It's just a shame that our annual passes have expired and that we won't be able to use any kind of preregistration.

16. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

Is this princess challenge going to be hard to get in? Any chance they will give Perfect Princesses first option?

17. SuperHappyFunTimes

SuperHappyFunTimes RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slip

I'm not sure about the perfect princesses, but I'll bet it sells out pretty quickly. I've got my fingers crossed for pre-registration at Everest next weekend, but if not, my calendar is marked and I'll sign up when it opens.

18. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

Sitting in my hotel room right now the night before the Eugene half marathon. My husband just gave me the final "go for it" on doing not only the glass slipper challenge but the new coast 2 coast challenge! Super excited!

19. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Hi! I think I'm in for this....just when I said I wouldn't be doing another Princess anytime soon. :). The glass slipper got me...and I was planning on Tink anyway so I'm THRILLED to ad that pink C2C to the collection. I'm sure like always I'll start to freak out once I hit that final submit button at registration. This will be a first for me with the back to back race days.

20. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

Everything you said just summed up what I'm thinking!

21. dewingedpixie

dewingedpixie Mouseketeer

That's what I'm doing LOL.

I'm running Tink.

Running DPH

Then I'm getting married on 2/24/14 at Disney World!