***Official February 2017 Thread***

Got everything for the first half! No success on booking split-stay online for the 2nd half. Going to call at 7 bc I have to get our Yak & Yeti and Via Napoli reservations straightened out. Couldn't get 10, but could get 6 and 4 separately. Hopefully they can make a note to put our tables next to each other.

I booked one more ADR for our trip. I had forgotten that we always do lunch somewhere on our last day. It used to be that we'd go to Tony's Town Square; last trip we went to Be Our Guest for lunch (and, quite honestly, were pretty disappointed). This time we are going to eat lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern on our last day. We there on our honeymoon when it was still a character meal, and haven't been back since. We're looking forward to trying the "new" version!

Oh, and on a side note -- I'm getting a little frustrated waiting for Hoop Dee Doo Revue to open up reservations for February! You can't tell me every show, every category, all week, is sold out!

Oh, and on a side note -- I'm getting a little frustrated waiting for Hoop Dee Doo Revue to open up reservations for February! You can't tell me every show, every category, all week, is sold out!
Well, shortly after posting this, I checked again, and I was able to reserve February 9 at 6:15! Not sure what happened, and it wouldn't surprise me if I checked again now and nothing was available. But hey, I'm not complaining!

:cool1: Well, split-stay ADRs are a no go (two separate attempts on the phone) but with 100% success and more on the first half, I'll be ok if our other 3 reservations aren't perfect! PPO Crystal Palace, BOG lunch & dinner (two different days), Yak & Yeti, Beaches & Cream, Mama Melrose F!, Via Napoli, Skipper Canteen, Cape May. I'd like B&C to be earlier, but I'll keep checking on that - it was a very last minute add.

@AaronInWI: I just wanted to say I loved lunch at Liberty Tree a couple of years ago. Pot roast and poet gooey toffee cake were both :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 !

LOL ooey autocorrected to poet. Stupid phone!

I haven't been to Disney since 1991, and we are taking our boys, 7 & 5, Feb 4-9. We are renting DVC points for BWV and I'm slowly learning that its a part time job planning this trip, but I'm a planner at heart so I'm loving it. I made our ADRs last week, but I'm still changing them every day. ;)

How is Super Bowl Sunday at MK? I actually just realized yesterday that it is the Sunday we are there. We are not football fans, so it doesn't matter to us, but it doesn't seem to be putting much of a dent into MK crowd calendars. I really wanted our 1st full day to be at MK, but it looks like the two first full days of our trip are predicted to be the busiest. Or do I not really need to worry in early Feb about crowds.

Other than the first night's and last night's dinners TBD, the rest will be QS. (Have to get my Lamb Shawarma Platter!)

Where is this??? My husband would love it - I'll try and get him there without telling him why so it's a surprise for him!!

Great to see this thread. DH and I staying at CBR Feb 10-18, celebrating my 40th bday on Feb 13 with dinner at Cali Grill.

Our first trip there since Feb 2013, and before that, I'd hadn't been to WDW since I was 15.

We LOVE Caribbean Beach. Driving down from central Pennsylvania in one straight shot! A 14-hour drive.

Got ADRs also for BOG, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, 50s Prime Time, Kona Cafe and Coral Reef.

Character greeting questions: Beast greets after dinner at BOG, right? My reservation confirmation says "characters not available at this meal." Also, are Fairy Godmother and Dopey anywhere for M&G?

Great to see this thread. DH and I staying at CBR Feb 10-18, celebrating my 40th bday on Feb 13 with dinner at Cali Grill.

Our first trip there since Feb 2013, and before that, I'd hadn't been to WDW since I was 15.

We LOVE Caribbean Beach. Driving down from central Pennsylvania in one straight shot! A 14-hour drive.

Got ADRs also for BOG, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, 50s Prime Time, Kona Cafe and Coral Reef.

Character greeting questions: Beast greets after dinner at BOG, right? My reservation confirmation says "characters not available at this meal." Also, are Fairy Godmother and Dopey anywhere for M&G?

Congrats on ADRs!

Yes, the Beast has a M&G at dinner but not lunch or breakfast. I'm pretty sure Dopey is a party-only M&G. I'm not sure about FG - I think she's at MK behind the castle?

Sweet Pea: I think they don't consider BOG a character meal because characters don't come to your table. But yes, you can meet the Beast on your way out after dinner. I met him a couple of years ago; he was a very gracious host.

I met the Fairy Godmother in April this year; she was behind the castle on the side toward Liberty Square. She was PERFECT, looked great and was so sweet, totally in character. I was just walking by, saw she was out and her line wasn't long, so I hopped in. Loved her!

Thank you Karly --- now that BoG reservation note makes perfect sense, since Beast greets as you leave. When I was there in Feb 2013, BoG was just a few weeks old, so ADRs were impossible.

And I'm happy to hear about FG. There was some talk on these boards a few weeks ago that she was no longer greeting. I don't know if that changed since your experience in April, but I so hope I see her. Last trip, she was just saying goodbye as I approached her line. It was my last day of that trip, and I never got back around to her. Although in the afternoon parade, she spotted by bday pin from her float, and greeted me with bday wishes. She is a MUST SEE for me. Fi gets crossed!

I haven't been to Disney since 1991, and we are taking our boys, 7 & 5, Feb 4-9. We are renting DVC points for BWV and I'm slowly learning that its a part time job planning this trip, but I'm a planner at heart so I'm loving it. I made our ADRs last week, but I'm still changing them every day. ;)

How is Super Bowl Sunday at MK? I actually just realized yesterday that it is the Sunday we are there. We are not football fans, so it doesn't matter to us, but it doesn't seem to be putting much of a dent into MK crowd calendars. I really wanted our 1st full day to be at MK, but it looks like the two first full days of our trip are predicted to be the busiest. Or do I not really need to worry in early Feb about crowds.

We've been there over Super Bowl several trips and never noted any impact to park crowds. It's early February. It's nice and quiet.

*****How Is Planning Going?*******

I am now 153 days out and many of you are at 180 or less now. How have ADRs been? Any pre-trip purchases to share??

I love this planning community we are building and enjoy reading all of your planning details.

I am contemplating starting a Pre-Trip report. Anyone else? If you share your link to your pre-trip report I will add to your section of the roll call. Also, if you have an IG or Twitter account associated with your Disney planning or trip, I will add that as well.

Hope all of your non-Disney lives are going well and you are enjoying the last weeks of summer.

I'm in planning limbo for now. I don't want the next month to speed by, but I really want the resort discounts out before I book a room.

We're booked for a split stay, BCV and OKW (family first half, friends second) but once discounts come out, we may change up the OKW. It would be really fun to stay at the same resort as them, but with just 4 of us, a preferred room at POR would give us a murphy bed (no sharing with the kids) and is currently $600 cheaper. We've rented points for BCV... we *could* rent for OKW if there are still studios available whenever discounts finally occur...too many options!

Sept is totally insanely crazy for us - I'm going back to work for the first time in 7 years, dance classes for DD, I'm still doing a little private tutoring (couldn't just abandon my HS kids who had been with me for 3 years), plus regular back-to-school chaos... then we go to US on Oct 1st - so I'm ok with it flying by! Bring on the Winter Discounts!

My planning is hopefully about to pick up speed. Our ADR window should open up this week so I'm trying to finalize those meal locations. The email has been sent to our TA/Disney BFF for booking when she can get to it. After this it's all watching for deals and calendars until closer to Christmas. I've said before I'd like to start a PTR (pre-trip report) and just keep getting sidetracked. Birthdays, local fair, doc appointments, father's surgery (he's actually taking it easy this time afterword, thank Heaven), picking up shifts at work.... I'd still love to write one re-capping a handful of our past trips while planning ahead.

As for purchases, DSis and I bought some Disneybounding items back when summer clearances were all the rage. Still have some pieces to go but only one or two things bought are 'costume-y' and not closet worthy, so that's a win. Most of my focus will be on prep for Trick or Treat night since we like to dress up for the kids. I'm thinking of doing Robin Hood and Little John this year. Or maybe Robin and Friar Tuck. Alan-a-Dale and Friar? Whatever. We'll be (not so) manly men in tights -- complete with kiddie bow n' arrow and a pool noodle bo staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter