Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

I also really loved the castle walkthrough (although we almost couldn't find it since none of the CM's around there knew what on earth we were trying to find!)

But do they do something else for Sleeping Beauty out there? I always though they should do more, just as they should do more for Cindy on the east coast.
Depends on how you define it. She's almost always on the Fantasmic finale with Phillip, and filmwise, the Maleficent dragon out here was completely redone in 2009 with the new one looking very movie accurate.

On occasion, if the crowds are low enough, Disneyland frees the princesses from the Princess Fantasy Faire and lets them walk around Fantasyland. When that happens, while all of the princesses are around the castle, Sleeping Beauty's spot is usually near the castle walkthrough. When taking pictures, you can usually see the castle in the background. The other thing I've noticed is merchandise. There's more Sleeping Beauty centric merchandise, including postcards with just Aurora. I've also seen park specific artwork that features Sleeping Beauty instead of Cinderella. The WDW versions have Cinderella in the same place that Aurora appears on the Disneyland version.

As I understood the original plan, the Pixie Hollow part was what wasn't going to be done until 2013, which was fine, we didn't care about seeing the fairies. But the new plan makes no mention of Pixie Hollow. I've heard that Pixie Hollow is no more.
My understanding is that Tom Staggs felt the original plans were too girl centric, so I wonder if Pixie Hollow has been cancelled altogether. When I've walked by the Pixie Hollow lines at Disneyland, those have shrunk dramatically while the Princess Fantasy Faire is usually insane despite the you never know who will be there during the meet and greet nature. Is it possible that the Fairies franchise isn't doing as well as Disney hoped?

Thank you AnthonyJPreston for posting those pictures, especially the one of the new Winnie the Pooh entrance. When we went in July 2010 the entrance was completely boarded up so it's nice to see what they've done. It looks amazing.

I'm extremely excited for the Fantasyland expansion - really like the idea of a Seven Dwarfs Mine ride and cannot wait to see The Little Mermaid in all her glory! :thumbsup2

My understanding is that Tom Staggs felt the original plans were too girl centric, so I wonder if Pixie Hollow has been cancelled altogether. When I've walked by the Pixie Hollow lines at Disneyland, those have shrunk dramatically while the Princess Fantasy Faire is usually insane despite the you never know who will be there during the meet and greet nature. Is it possible that the Fairies franchise isn't doing as well as Disney hoped?

Pixie Hollow has been scraped from the new Fantasyland, but is being built at another theme park, to open later this year. In the meanwhile, Tink and a couple of her friends will be appearing in Epcot, hopefully to start Feb. 12th.

Also where is Tiana at currently.

She's at the Gazebo behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square, along with her sweetheart Prince Naveen.

Let's hope they keep those two there and not move Tiana to the Fairytale Hall. If they do, it would not only be disappointing (considering the fact that Naveen & Tiana are both equally-popular and important characters), but it would be a terrible waste of that really nice gazebo that they built just for them.

Also, they need to keep the characters scattered throughout the park and not just get shoehorned together into one location anyway.

She's at the Gazebo behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square, along with her sweetheart Prince Naveen.

Let's hope they keep those two there and not move Tiana to the Fairytale Hall. If they do, it would not only be disappointing (considering the fact that Naveen & Tiana are both equally-popular and important characters), but it would be a terrible waste of that really nice gazebo that they built just for them.

Also, they need to keep the characters scattered throughout the park and not just get shoehorned together into one location anyway.

Thanks! I hope she is there in April

Pixie Hollow has been scraped from the new Fantasyland, but is being built at another theme park, to open later this year. In the meanwhile, Tink and a couple of her friends will be appearing in Epcot, hopefully to start Feb. 12th.

AWESOME! I hope it's AK! I think w/the Tree of Life, this would be a visual treat! This would also be a great location for a pixie character dining experience. I sure hope Disney sticks with the Fairies franchise. There are more movies scheduled, and the 1st 3 are good. I think introducing Jake & the Neverland Pirates to Disney Junior might increase interest in the Fairies or Peter Pan in general. I'm a sucker for classics like Pan, so even though I don't have girls, we think Tink here:)

AWESOME! I hope it's AK! I think w/the Tree of Life, this would be a visual treat! This would also be a great location for a pixie character dining experience. I sure hope Disney sticks with the Fairies franchise. There are more movies scheduled, and the 1st 3 are good. I think introducing Jake & the Neverland Pirates to Disney Junior might increase interest in the Fairies or Peter Pan in general. I'm a sucker for classics like Pan, so even though I don't have girls, we think Tink here:)

I think it's going to be DHS. I had heard at one time they were going to do it at the Honey I shrunk the kids playgrund. But there are also rumors of them going to Epcot too.

We'll visit no matter where Pixie Hollow finds a home. My oldest is a passionate character hunter & I scrapbook all our pictures, so we never miss a cool photo op if we can help it LOL.

Thanks! I hope she is there in April

She should be. I doubt Tiana will move before the new Princess Fairytale Hall opens.

I think it's going to be DHS. I had heard at one time they were going to do it at the Honey I shrunk the kids playgrund. But there are also rumors of them going to Epcot too.

Those rumors are true... Tink and a couple of her friends will be at Epcot next month, through the F&G festival.

Disney has not announced where the new Pixie Hollow will be.

Here's my theory (and by theory I mean hope) Fairytale Hall will have Cinderella and Aurora with a third lady who rotates. When the y aren't on rotation, they will be out in their normal spots Tiana W/ Naveen in Liberty Square, and Rapunzel in fairytale garden for example . Even in DLR, most of them are allowed outside PFF

Whats Going to Happen To Mickey And Minnies Houses Are they Coming Back Or Not ?

The are only there cottages. They live in california. At one point I heartd they were going to remove them not thatthe fairy area isnt happening they might keep them who knows.

Whats Going to Happen To Mickey And Minnies Houses Are they Coming Back Or Not ?

Looking at the new concept art, I don't see why they can't keep them: there's nothing on that side of the walkway going towards the train station (unless the little mermaid ride will go all the way to the path)

As much as my dd7 LOVES the fairies (possibly obsessed is a better word), I'm not sad to see Pixie Hollow in FLE get taken out - it really never made much sense to me to have such a large area devoted to free play and a Mn'G when the target audience for Fairies (girls 6-10) wouldn't be allowed (or even interested) in the play area.

As for the Fairy line, it sounds like it's down at DL, but at WDW it seems to consistently full all day long - while the princesses may do more volume I think the Fairy fans are pretty dedicated since the line moves much slower - the fairies seem to spend quite a bit more time on interaction with the kids. Hopefully the line for the new Pixie Hollow Mn'G wherever they put it will be more interactive an interesting than the current one in Toon Town - we always bring a book to read the day we know we'll be waiting to meet the fairies!

I'm also glad to have the mine coaster - I thought the FLE was woefully short on new rides...altho' I'm sad to see SWSA go, I think the coaster will be more appealing to a wider range of visitors. I do wish they would find a way to put one more in - maybe back in the far corner where it looks like they have circus/fair games...isn't there already enough of that vibe in AK back where Triceratops Spin is located? It hits a sour note there and while it maybe marginally more appropriate near Dumbo I think it's still a waste of space.

it sounds like Tiana is moving to the Fairytale Hall:

Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. This new experience will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses.

This is from http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/update-on-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/ (the Social Media Director of Disney Parks).

I seem to remember a rumor to that effect back when Tink was still only rumored to be coming to the parks, and I thought it was brilliant back then. It is no less brilliant now. That area is really kind of wasted space right now; the playground is nice enough though not laid out very well when it comes to keeping an eye on your kids, but HISTK is such an outdated theme that lacks the staying power of Disney's other movie-themed attractions. Pixie Hollow would be a vast improvement - the Fairies in their current incarnation may or may not last, but Tink herself is timeless.

Those rumors are true... Tink and a couple of her friends will be at Epcot next month, through the F&G festival.

So this is going to come before the start of F&G? :yay: Getting some DIS-reports will make fitting them into our Epcot plans so much easier, but I was thinking they weren't going to be there until the official start of Flower & Garden, which happens to be the first day of our trip.

So this is going to come before the start of F&G? :yay: Getting some DIS-reports will make fitting them into our Epcot plans so much easier, but I was thinking they weren't going to be there until the official start of Flower & Garden, which happens to be the first day of our trip.

The plan is for them to appear as close to the 12th as possible. Disney has not announced a day, probably because it'll depend on construction.

I think a lot of people missed that in the recent Disney blog they said:
And Tinker Bell and her fairy friends will be joining the cast at Epcot where they will have special roles bringing the flora and fauna to life during the Flower and Garden Festival.

So Tink is not heading directly to DHS in February, as announced in December. I can't imagine they want to go very long without Tink, so that's why I believe they'll be at Epcot sooner rather than later.

I seem to remember a rumor to that effect back when Tink was still only rumored to be coming to the parks, and I thought it was brilliant back then. It is no less brilliant now. That area is really kind of wasted space right now; the playground is nice enough though not laid out very well when it comes to keeping an eye on your kids, but HISTK is such an outdated theme that lacks the staying power of Disney's other movie-themed attractions. Pixie Hollow would be a vast improvement - the Fairies in their current incarnation may or may not last, but Tink herself is timeless.

Gosh, that IS a brilliant idea! HISTK is so outdated by the idea of being "miniature" is always a hit with kids - making it Tink's playground would be a GREAT solution.

I still maintain a Prince Phillip knight/Dragon slayer show similar to Jedi Training or POTC pirate tutorial is a great idea. I'd love to take credit for it, but that was my 11 1/2 year olds' brain child. They could sell a lot of shields & swords:). It could culminate in a meet n greet w/Philip, Aurora, Maleficient, and/or 3 good fairies.

Sorry, but Sleeping Beauty is a personal favorite & I'm completely biased.

And I'm sure the Snow White coaster will be cool & a visual delight. Imagineers rarely disappoint.

I like this idea :thumbsup2 It would give people the chance to meet Prince Phillip and Maleficent, two quite rare characters.

So I know it's a far way off but when the new princess meet and greet opens I guess we'll be losing Rapunzel's play and greet and Flynn Rider? Will we also lose Naveen? I hope not because Flynn and Naveen are both pretty popular and full fleshed out characters. I'd hate to think they go the way of most other princes. Also do you think Pocahontas and Mulan might pop up at the new meet and greet since they are technically part of the Princess line? It'd be nice to see them have a place at the Magic Kingdom.

If they get rid of Flynn before I can get back to WDW, I will die. :upsidedow

As for the Dwarf Mine Ride. I think it will be slow when it's inside so you can actually see the scenes. If it goes too fast, you can't see anything. Then it will be a bit faster when you are outside and slow down when you are inside again.

I agree. If it goes so fast that you can't even see the scenes, then what's the point of them?

I agree. I wish the characters would be available around the park more. I love stumbling upon a character more then heading to a closed in spot where I have to wait in a HUGE line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter