**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I don't know if this has been pointed out already but I don't think it has since this must have happened within the past few hours. The website is now showing Fireworks times up to September 24th. Previously, times were only listed up until September 5th. This is great news for me :)
Thank you for the heads up
Edited to erase wrong info

Last edited:
So it looks like after September 5th we're look at fireworks from Monday thru Friday and no fireworks Saturday or Sundays
With this new format until September 16 the show will be at 8:45 then starting September 19th at 8:15
No weekends?! That's so strange...wouldn't it be busier during the weekend?

So it looks like after September 5th we're look at fireworks from Monday thru Friday and no fireworks Saturday or Sundays
With this new format until September 16 the show will be at 8:45 then starting September 19th at 8:15
I'm seeing fireworks 7 days/week, even added a Sat trip planning "not a reservation" note to my account.

Ok so disregard my previous post. Here's the schedule for Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular for September
Sept. 1st through the 16th at 8:45pm
Sept. 16th through the 24th 8:15pm
For those wondering here are Fantasmic! times for Sep
Sept. 1st through the 16th at 8:30pm
Sept 17th through the 30st at 8pm

Ok so disregard my previous post. Here's the schedule for Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular for September
Sept. 1st through the 16th at 8:45pm
Sept. 16th through the 24th 8:15pm
For those wondering here are Fantasmic! times for Sep
Sept. 1st through the 16th at 8:30pm
Sept 17th through the 30st at 8pm
Now if we could just get October......though I'd expect them to be similar to late Sept times for planning purposes?

Why do they have to schedule the fireworks so close to Fantasmic, so that you can't do both?!?! We missed F! on our first trip last year because of rain, and really wanted to see it this year. And, now we really want to see the Star Wars fireworks too!! Arghh!!

when we were there in April, they were trading all sorts of little junkie things....my 17 year old niece. Molly, had R2D2 ears on, and an R2D2 shirt, and the jawa wanted to trade a old lanyard for HER! Her mother said yes, and the jawa took Molly over to one of those little alcoves and made her stand inside there, while the jawa guarded her. Eventually,they traded the lanyard back and Molly was reunited with us....such fun. Molly spent quite a bit of time trading stuff back and forth.

Why do they have to schedule the fireworks so close to Fantasmic, so that you can't do both?!?! We missed F! on our first trip last year because of rain, and really wanted to see it this year. And, now we really want to see the Star Wars fireworks too!! Arghh!!

So you're telling me that you want to do both night activities and in order to do so you'll have to visit a park that is currently seeing decreased attendance twice? Hmmm... I can't po$$ibly imagine why Di$ney would do that. :teacher:

I sympathize with your frustration though. :grouphug:

close to it. It seems they have finally made the decision to update more than a month in advance so those making fp will have a better idea.
it's not just the FP+s, its also dining reservations...I currently am holding on to a couple of Mickey/Minnie H&V dinners for different days, as I just don't know what the park hours will be for HS and AK in Nov/Dec. I doubt I'm the only one.

My Husband, 6 year-old daughter, and I did the dessert party last night, and it was so fun! It was our first dessert party at Disney. We got to the check-in a little before 8:00. We got our wrist bands right away and went into Launch Bay. The party food was set up in the area behind Kylo Ren's meet. There were also tables set up near Chewbacca's meet area and some in the outdoor area past the Cantina area. It had been raining right before the party started, so no one was really out there.

At 8:00, they opened the food area. We tried a little of everything. I really liked the flatbread with hummus or black bean dip. I also had a R2D2 vanilla cupcake. Okay, I had two. And a Rice Krispie treat. And little cake bites things. My DD said a brownie with ice cream and chocolate space dust was her favorite. She also liked her grape and watermelon sabers. My DH said his five cocktails was his favorite. I just tried a sip of each.

By the way, we didn't eat a real dinner last night knowing we were going to the party. We ate some snacks in the room before returning to the park at 6:00 pm that evening.

We took a rr break at about 8:45 so we'd be ready for the fireworks. We could have done meet and greets at this time, but we rope droped them that morning with just a handful of people, so we didn't do them at the party. Lines seemed like they weren't too bad, but there were certainly more people than at rope drop.

The roped off area for the food didn't feel too crowded, but every table in the food area and Chewbacca area was taken. It felt "just right" crowd-wise to me.

At 9:15, we walked to the area for the show. The show was delayed about 20 minutes due to rain, I guess. They had the Chewbacca steins set up at the viewing location, so they handed those out during the delay. There were also bottles of water. DH finished his last cocktail in the viewing area, and DD and I had plenty of room to sit down on the pavement during the delay. Many party people were sitting, and there was still an open gap behind us.

They had the kids' area in front of the party viewing, but my DD was too timid to sit there without us. We would have been one row of adults away from her. She seemed to enjoy the show standing among the adults just fine. The party viewing spot is pretty awesome, and we were glad we didn't have to fight the crowds to get it.

After the show, we let some people filter out before we tried to go anywhere. We were there on EMH, so they had a 2nd Fantasmic. We had thought we would go to it, but we really liked the Star Wars show, and we just didn't feel compelled to go see it. We've seen it once before. My DH and I decided to take turns riding Tower of Terror instead. The park was peaceful after Fantasmic started, and we leisurely made our way to the exit to leave before Fantasmic let out.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble on. I know I had been looking for info, so I hope this was at least a little helpful.

A question. I've got a Hollywood & Vine reservation at 6:20, but I really want to do the Star Wars dessert party. Will we have time/stomach room to enjoy the party or should I try to get an earlier reservation? If so, how early?

My Husband, 6 year-old daughter, and I did the dessert party last night, and it was so fun! It was our first dessert party at Disney. We got to the check-in a little before 8:00. We got our wrist bands right away and went into Launch Bay. The party food was set up in the area behind Kylo Ren's meet. There were also tables set up near Chewbacca's meet area and some in the outdoor area past the Cantina area. It had been raining right before the party started, so no one was really out there.

At 8:00, they opened the food area. We tried a little of everything. I really liked the flatbread with hummus or black bean dip. I also had a R2D2 vanilla cupcake. Okay, I had two. And a Rice Krispie treat. And little cake bites things. My DD said a brownie with ice cream and chocolate space dust was her favorite. She also liked her grape and watermelon sabers. My DH said his five cocktails was his favorite. I just tried a sip of each.

By the way, we didn't eat a real dinner last night knowing we were going to the party. We ate some snacks in the room before returning to the park at 6:00 pm that evening.

We took a rr break at about 8:45 so we'd be ready for the fireworks. We could have done meet and greets at this time, but we rope droped them that morning with just a handful of people, so we didn't do them at the party. Lines seemed like they weren't too bad, but there were certainly more people than at rope drop.

The roped off area for the food didn't feel too crowded, but every table in the food area and Chewbacca area was taken. It felt "just right" crowd-wise to me.

At 9:15, we walked to the area for the show. The show was delayed about 20 minutes due to rain, I guess. They had the Chewbacca steins set up at the viewing location, so they handed those out during the delay. There were also bottles of water. DH finished his last cocktail in the viewing area, and DD and I had plenty of room to sit down on the pavement during the delay. Many party people were sitting, and there was still an open gap behind us.

They had the kids' area in front of the party viewing, but my DD was too timid to sit there without us. We would have been one row of adults away from her. She seemed to enjoy the show standing among the adults just fine. The party viewing spot is pretty awesome, and we were glad we didn't have to fight the crowds to get it.

After the show, we let some people filter out before we tried to go anywhere. We were there on EMH, so they had a 2nd Fantasmic. We had thought we would go to it, but we really liked the Star Wars show, and we just didn't feel compelled to go see it. We've seen it once before. My DH and I decided to take turns riding Tower of Terror instead. The park was peaceful after Fantasmic started, and we leisurely made our way to the exit to leave before Fantasmic let out.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble on. I know I had been looking for info, so I hope this was at least a little helpful.
Thanks for the review, would you mind if I link it on the first page?

A question. I've got a Hollywood & Vine reservation at 6:20, but I really want to do the Star Wars dessert party. Will we have time/stomach room to enjoy the party or should I try to get an earlier reservation? If so, how early?
I think it's a bit close. I usually eat every 4 to 5 hours but that's a personal choice

Wish Disney would get October scheduled but at least it's closer than it was yesterday! I would love to do the desert party since I waited to long to book a Halloween party night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter