**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Went to dessert party last night. Checked into Launch Bay at 7:30 pm. Lots of interaction with Jawas, and Storm troopers We had a great time at the dessert party, and we really enjoyed the food and drinks, especially the frozen Nutella.
The only thing missing were chairs at the tables. We knew there would be no seating, but after a long day at the parks, and considering we would also be standing for the fireworks, some chairs would have been nice. When we headed outside to the viewing area, the space reserved for individuals with wheelchairs/scooters was nearly full; we were in the row directly behind them. Unfortunatley there happened to be quite a few very tall people standing in wheelchair section, and we had to reposition ourselves several times to get a decent view. Myself and DD are petite, and my 9 year old DGS was not invited into the handicap section; the CMs only invited younger children to enter. There were also some sort of tall black metal towers positioned on the stage directly in front of us that partially obstructed some of the projections on the center of the building. While we had a decent view, it was not a perfect view. DD was a little disappointed with our location after noticing the hundreds of people standing in the viewing area in front of us, but I explained that if we were too close, we would not see all of the projections, etc.
We thought the show was good; it was a unique immersive Star Wars experience. We loved the dessert party, and I was happy to avoid staking out a spot a hour before the show, so it was all good. A big thank you to all the Disers here who were so helpful leading up to our dessert party night.:thanks:

Ugh, I did not realize this was standing only, I may have to rethink this now.

Myself and DD are petite, and my 9 year old DGS was not invited into the handicap section; the CMs only invited younger children to enter.

Is this typical? I thought there was a section specifically for kids up front? We are booked for the dessert party and I assumed all kids could enter the "kids section", not that they would need to be invited in?

But if it is, in fact, an area primarily reserved for those in wheelchairs/ECVs maybe the number of kids allowed in is dependent on the space available.

This has me second guessing our reservation. I like desserts as much as the next girl but my primary goal was a good view for my kids...

This is dissappointing to hear regarding obstructions in party viewing area. From other dessert posters i was under the impression that the view was unobstructed by any buildings/towers. I also was under the impression that noone would be standing directly in front of the dessert party group. I thought there was a walkway then a roped area for party children in front of the roped area for party adults. Has that changed? I'm basically paying this $$$$ so we can see everything. It gauls me we have to pay more in the first place because Disney plans things without their guests in mind>:(

There is indeed a roped walkway between the crowd and the dessert party viewing area. However, the roped walkway is in front of the designated wheelchair viewing area, and we were standing further back from roped walkway, behind the wheelchairs. As I said, we had difficulty positioning ourselves because there were some pretty tall individuals standing behind the wheelchairs. It was a very busy night at DHS, and there was a lot of activity in the roped walkway. The tall metal tower structures on the stage are not solid, you can see through them, but we thought they were
a little distracting with regards to the projections on the theatre. I would not want to discourage anyone from going to the dessert party, these were my personal and honest observations on the night we were there, your experience may be entirely different. We had a wonderful time at the party, and the show itself was very good.

Is this typical? I thought there was a section specifically for kids up front? We are booked for the dessert party and I assumed all kids could enter the "kids section", not that they would need to be invited in?

But if it is, in fact, an area primarily reserved for those in wheelchairs/ECVs maybe the number of kids allowed in is dependent on the space available.

This has me second guessing our reservation. I like desserts as much as the next girl but my primary goal was a good view for my kids...

I though it was for all kids too. My DGS is 9, and he was not allowed to go into the wheelchair area. Perhaps it depends on the CM.

This is dissappointing to hear regarding obstructions in party viewing area. From other dessert posters i was under the impression that the view was unobstructed by any buildings/towers. I also was under the impression that noone would be standing directly in front of the dessert party group. I thought there was a walkway then a roped area for party children in front of the roped area for party adults. Has that changed? I'm basically paying this $$$$ so we can see everything. It gauls me we have to pay more in the first place because Disney plans things without their guests in mind>:(
The metal structures are part of the stage and they do block some of the view.

The area is wheel chair reserved, I guess it depends on how many people have a w/c. It's the first time I've heard of them being filled worth a lot of w/c

@yulilin3 I know it is short notice but I have an extra paid reservation for the Stars Wars dessert party tonight. If you would like to attend you are more than welcome to join us.
That is very kind, we are actually at Disney springs watching Star Trek, shhh don't tell, and we're planning on going over to dhs for the show tonight. I'll pm you

Do you really have to show an ID to get alcoholic drinks at the dessert party.....I'm 55 and I rather not carry a wallet to the parks

Ugh, I did not realize this was standing only, I may have to rethink this now.

I would recommend resting up prior to the dessert party. We had been on our feet all day, and we were pretty tired. Following the fireworks we had the long trek back to the bus, so we were exhausted by the time we returned to our resort.

Just need a gut check...and some advice..our next trip is planned for April 2018 (after son graduates from Fire Academy) - realistically do you think Star Wars Land will be done? Just wondering what the experts here think? I've tried googling and can't find any answers...just wondering what ya'll thought. Thanks :)

Less than zero chance it's open at DHS.

The metal towers are part of the stage in front of the Chinese Theater, there's not much Disney can do about that. Given that they're metal structures, they're actually pretty unobtrusive. And it's not something that is only in the view of the dessert party area, they're on both sides.

We really considered this, but when I found out there was no seating, that put the end on it for me. I just know how miserably tired one's legs feel after a day in the parks.

We just did the dessert party on Friday night (loved it, had a blast) and we ended up sitting on the carpeted floor in Launch Bay for a while, then grabbed a couple of benches over near the Frozen Nutella side of the room for about 20 minutes before heading out to the viewing area.

It's looking like we'll have to cut the dessert party for the sake of adding a couple nights (not a bad trade-off, imo!). If we want that coveted spot just in front of (or behind, depending on how you look at it) the taped-off walkway and right next to the dessert party ropes, how long before the fireworks should we plan to be there? I'm figuring we'll go get our own snacks at Sweet Spells and then sit and eat while we wait. We can have our own make-shift dessert party! <crying inside, but it'll be okay, right?>

It's looking like we'll have to cut the dessert party for the sake of adding a couple nights (not a bad trade-off, imo!). If we want that coveted spot just in front of (or behind, depending on how you look at it) the taped-off walkway and right next to the dessert party ropes, how long before the fireworks should we plan to be there? I'm figuring we'll go get our own snacks at Sweet Spells and then sit and eat while we wait. We can have our own make-shift dessert party! <crying inside, but it'll be okay, right?>
At 9:20, CMs come around and ask everyone who's sprawled out and seated to stand and move forward. It creates way more room than you'd realize. We headed for DHS soon after our arrival Thursday night and we got to the park at about 9:15, once everyone pushed forward, we had no problems getting a spot at the back of the section between the stage and the walkway in front of the preferred viewing area.

Thank you so much for the information in this thread. We are going to WDW in late September so I thought we were out of luck for this event. Happily I checked your post today and was able to book. Love this site and all of the helpful people!!

We were there last week with our two kids and you indeed have to wait for a CM to invite the kids into the front area. They wait to make sure that there is enough room to accommodate any wheelchairs/scooters first. If there is availabilty, they will then invite any children in to the area. Since we weren't close to the front, an extremely nice family let me know that our kids could move up if they wanted to do so.

My ds said he could see the entire show from that spot. The rest of us that were left in the back had difficulty seeing through some tree branches and tall heads. I booked the party strictly for the viewing area. Not sure I would book it again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter