Official DL July 2015 thread

Figured I would get in on the fun here. WDW "vet" (is 4 trips a vet?), taking our first trip to DLR from 7/28 - 8/4. We'll be in the parks 5 days, from 7/29 - 8/3. I planned on taking a break on 8/2 (Sunday) because AP's aren't blocked that day according to the calendar. Going to be myself, DW, DS (12), DD (10), and DD (5). We're staying at the Hyatt Orange County (got a Costco deal). Excited and apprehensive about going at the same time. I'm so used to touring WDW, I'm hoping we can do as much as possible while we're out there, like I can in WDW. Already read HydroGuy's post, going to get on my RideMax planning here shortly. Anyone know if they've gone all the way through July and into August yet?

Figured I would get in on the fun here. WDW "vet" (is 4 trips a vet?), taking our first trip to DLR from 7/28 - 8/4. We'll be in the parks 5 days, from 7/29 - 8/3. I planned on taking a break on 8/2 (Sunday) because AP's aren't blocked that day according to the calendar. Going to be myself, DW, DS (12), DD (10), and DD (5). We're staying at the Hyatt Orange County (got a Costco deal). Excited and apprehensive about going at the same time. I'm so used to touring WDW, I'm hoping we can do as much as possible while we're out there, like I can in WDW. Already read HydroGuy's post, going to get on my RideMax planning here shortly. Anyone know if they've gone all the way through July and into August yet?
I just checked and you can currently go up to July 31st

Dancing w my kids to Sha Boom Life Could Be a Dream at the Carsland neon lighting

I looked up the song and it's playing on my Youtube right now and I have a big smile on my face - thanks!!

I'm soooooo excited! I leave for Cali in ONE WEEK!!!! Feeling like I am about to burst with excitement. I also have a ton of stuff going on at home - busy every day for the next week so trying to squeeze everything in.

I have been continuing to play with Ridemax but considering throwing it out of the window and wandering the parks. But then I know myself...I have a minute by minute plan for EVERYTHING we do, even going to a local festival! I am not good at winging it. So I think it's time to go back to Ridemax and keep messing around.

On my first trip ever, I got there at rd and we did EVERY ride in DL in one day. Not all of the stage shows, but all of the "wait in line" shows like the Tiki Room. Of course, this was with 1 other person and child free. We killed the FP system (I was a master of dw FP-, lone tear) and stayed til after the fireworks to get Snow White in-our only hold out. Anyway, despite my brag, my point is that you can definitely do it in 5 days. ;) I've never been to DCA, but DL is an incredibly efficient use of space, which makes it much easier to accomplish things than a lot of DW parks.

On my first trip ever, I got there at rd and we did EVERY ride in DL in one day. Not all of the stage shows, but all of the "wait in line" shows like the Tiki Room. Of course, this was with 1 other person and child free. We killed the FP system (I was a master of dw FP-, lone tear) and stayed til after the fireworks to get Snow White in-our only hold out. Anyway, despite my brag, my point is that you can definitely do it in 5 days. ;) I've never been to DCA, but DL is an incredibly efficient use of space, which makes it much easier to accomplish things than a lot of DW parks.

Gives me hope. I'm there for 5 park days and I've been worrying it's not enough.

Figured I would get in on the fun here. WDW "vet" (is 4 trips a vet?), taking our first trip to DLR from 7/28 - 8/4.

Good question! I want to know what a vet is too!

I'm in Arkansas, but am on my 3rd DL trip coming up (5 for WDW at this point). But, I feel like I know enough for 20 trips because of all the reading and podcasting.

They need to have an official "are you a disney vet" quiz.

I think the thing I'm worried about the most is that we are going shortly after the 60th celebration, and all of the decorations and stuff will still be out and crowds are probably going to be high during that time. Our trips to WDW have been during slower times, so we've had more space and time to do things, so the summer crowds are getting to me as well. I was hoping for a free planning site like EasyWDW for DL, but looks like I'll be paying for both Touring Plans and RideMax to get everything ready. Using EasyWDW, I've been able to ride 20+ rides a day in MK on the Tomorrowland side, plus I was able to get about 10 FP+ last year while in MK. So I definitely know how to work the system.

Wooohoo! Booked for last min trip. Will be there July 12-16. I told my DH to talk me out of it but he said "book it" So the 4 of us will be doing a budget version this trip...as this was so not planned for. Super excited as this is our 4th trip but we have never been in summer before. Fingers crossed that we can handle the heat.

Wooohoo! Booked for last min trip. Will be there July 12-16. I told my DH to talk me out of it but he said "book it" So the 4 of us will be doing a budget version this trip...as this was so not planned for. Super excited as this is our 4th trip but we have never been in summer before. Fingers crossed that we can handle the heat.

Thats awesome! Hopefully you live close...airfare is killer this late in the game. Hope you have a great time though!

I think the thing I'm worried about the most is that we are going shortly after the 60th celebration, and all of the decorations and stuff will still be out and crowds are probably going to be high during that time. Our trips to WDW have been during slower times, so we've had more space and time to do things, so the summer crowds are getting to me as well. I was hoping for a free planning site like EasyWDW for DL, but looks like I'll be paying for both Touring Plans and RideMax to get everything ready. Using EasyWDW, I've been able to ride 20+ rides a day in MK on the Tomorrowland side, plus I was able to get about 10 FP+ last year while in MK. So I definitely know how to work the system.

When we did it, it was during the 50th (a little after) if that makes you feel any better. The anniversary celebrations last all year with decorations and shows, not just during the week in July.
I've never used the touring plan sites. Our strategy is pretty simple. The wait times for most rides in DL aren't as bad as busy DW. I'm used to busy DW because of the dumb teaching schedule...DL never felt like that on any of my 3 trips.

We will be there July 12-18. Maybe we will see you there!

We live in Calgary Canada so not close at all! We already had a trip to Vancouver planned to visit family so we found some flights out of Bellingham which is a lot cheaper than anything this side of the border.

@LoriLovesDisneyland you never know! We went in Feb and happened to bump into 2 Disboarders while waiting for the Red Car Trolley. My Daughter is easily recognizable by her hair...She really is a mini Merida

When we did it, it was during the 50th (a little after) if that makes you feel any better. The anniversary celebrations last all year with decorations and shows, not just during the week in July.
I've never used the touring plan sites. Our strategy is pretty simple. The wait times for most rides in DL aren't as bad as busy DW. I'm used to busy DW because of the dumb teaching schedule...DL never felt like that on any of my 3 trips.

Yah, I know the decorations last all year, that is the thing that DW is excited about.

I hope what you say is true. If this trip turns out good, I can see us returning to DLR more frequently.

Yah, I know the decorations last all year, that is the thing that DW is excited about.

I hope what you say is true. If this trip turns out good, I can see us returning to DLR more frequently.

I checked the TP wait times out of curiosity (and in an attempt to ignore my toddler during the witching hour) and the times for yesterday were definitely less than they would be at DW...Space Mountain never got over an hour. Thunder never got over 20 min. The only ones that did were Splash and Peter Pan. Most of them were 20-30 minutes at the most during the high point of the day. I don't think it'll be much different in a few weeks.

We'll be there almost the exact same days, so we can come back and compare accomplishments after ;) You'll beat me-I'm stuck on the kiddie rides!

The countdown is on! We leave in 7 days!!!!
Got a brand new Go Pro to document everything from the drive out to all the fun!!!

Hard to believe this is our 6th year in a row to make that long journey. My oldest is now graduated and gone. My youngest nearly a teenager. :(

We live in Calgary Canada so not close at all! We already had a trip to Vancouver planned to visit family so we found some flights out of Bellingham which is a lot cheaper than anything this side of the border.

@LoriLovesDisneyland you never know! We went in Feb and happened to bump into 2 Disboarders while waiting for the Red Car Trolley. My Daughter is easily recognizable by her hair...She really is a mini Merida
I will look for a mini Merida. I will be asking everyone, "are you on disboards?"

So this morning we did the A & E meet and greet because DD begged us, so we followed it up with the Frozen sing along. If ANYONE has a Frozen fan take them to this. Our DD LOVED it. It had song and story telling and a fun surprise at the end.

This mornings Disneyland rope drop was considerable busier then rope drop on 7/2 (started at DCA on 7/3). Going to be a busy day today all day I think. Heading back after Anniversary Dinner at Steakhouse 55. Trip is going well, but sadly flying by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!