OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK So we are renewing our vows at Shades of green. It's Tasty too will be doing our cake. I have already spoken to her. I am looking for a cake incorporating the mine mine mine seagulls. Has anyone ever seen something that could work for this. I am guessing a beach theme with the seagulls as the top?

Also we were wanting red velvet with cream cheese. Anyone have this combo from them and how was it?

Thanks
Heidi

I have been dreaming about a Disney cake for months, but I really just have no idea what to do at this point. The major dilemma is that I can't eat wheat (my nursing twins are allergic) but the gluten free cake options always include grains that my ODS is allergic to (mainly rice and tapioca). So I already need to do 2 cakes somehow. There will only be 4 adults and 1 child eating cake.

I was going to just do a mini tier wedding cake for DH and I alone out at dinner for our anniversary one night but it doesn't look like that is realistically going to happen. (Getting out alone that is) My MIL is also joining us for 3 days and her birthday is shortly after our trip so I thought I would do one GF anniversary cake for me and DH and one regular cake for MIL's birthday and just do them at the same time. But I can't figure out when.

MIL is only with us for 3 days and we only have one TS dinner planned those days which is BoG and of course they don't allow cakes. To top it off she hasn't been added to the ADR yet and may not even be able to.

We are staying at the BC CL and she is at the BC as well so my other thought was I guess we could just pick them up at the Boardwalk bakery. It just seems so much less exciting though to walk it back to our room to eat.

Are you able to bring cakes with you to any restaurant if you pick up? Our only park days planned while she is with us are AK, MK and HS. And as I understand it only MK restaurants of those three can do specialty cakes right?

I just didn't think this would be so frustrating. Oh well.

If you are staying CL you can have your IPO order them and they can put them in your room for you. It may be a nice surprise when you get back to your room.

We are staying at the BC CL and she is at the BC as well so my other thought was I guess we could just pick them up at the Boardwalk bakery. It just seems so much less exciting though to walk it back to our room to eat.

Have you thought about calling the Yacht Club/Beach Club # on the first page of this thread? If you do that you won't have to walk the cake from the Boardwalk, they would deliver it to the room.

MIL is only with us for 3 days and we only have one TS dinner planned those days which is BoG and of course they don't allow cakes.

This is from lurkyloo's post #2 of this thread:

Be Our Guest Restaurant: At this time, only the basic cakes shown on this page are guaranteed to be available at Be Our Guest. The restaurant doesn't have room to store very elaborate cakes, so requests for these are being evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Contact Private Dining at the Contemporary (407-824-2955) to determine whether your order can be accommodated.

There is an allergen free cake on the page of guaranteed cakes. Given that they're evaluating requests on a case by case basis as well, I would give the Contemporary's Private Dining line a call and see what they say before writing off the BOG possibility.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure if I'm going to push for BoG because we don't even know if MIL can be added to the ADR yet. But I have a new backup plan in mind.

On our MK day I went ahead and booked lunch at The Plaza. I normally wouldn't do 2TS meals in one day but we'll be at the park at Rope Drop that day and the Plaza isn't all that expensive so I figured it might be worth booking so I have an option of having our cake presented in a restaurant setting. Liberty Tree was another option but it seemed like lighter food at the Plaza and with cake and another TS that night thought it might be too much food.

Now I have to still figure out how to handle the two cakes and the design. I'm pretty sure for the anniversary cake I want a gluten free white on white mini tiered wedding cake with pastel colors and flowers on top.

The birthday cake I have to figure out still. Cost wise 2 mini tiers are probably my best option right? Seems like once you hit the 6inch it goes up a lot in price.

According to the first post in the thread, mini cakes are around $30 each, so you'd be looking at around $60.

The 8" cake I ordered for my parents' anniversary (see post here) was $77 (pre-tax and gratuity). I don't know how much cheaper it would have been if I'd ordered a 6" instead, but my guess is that it would have been comparable to the price of 2 mini cakes - just with more cake, I'd think.

(And FTR, a 6" would have been enough for our group of 9 - 6 adults, 2 kids, 1 infant. We had about 1/2 the 8" cake left to take back to the hotel)

Is it possible to get a custom cake delivered to the Garden Grill in Epcot? If so, where would it be made? Thanks for any info.:)

The birthday cake I have to figure out still. Cost wise 2 mini tiers are probably my best option right? Seems like once you hit the 6inch it goes up a lot in price.

If you need two cakes, then yes, 2 mini cakes will be your cheapest option.

The least I've seen a custom 6 inch cake for around here was $51, and that was without fondant.
If you go with a standard buttercream cake with just a screen print or stand up edible image on top, you might be able to get it for around $40.
Fondant costs extra with most cakes costing around $70.

Just ordered a Cinderella slipper to be delivered to a friend's little girl at the Grand Floridian for next month....I asked Pat for a suggestion for something similiar for a little boy and she suggested a chocolate car...from Cars. Has anyone ordered one of these and which character was it? She said it wouldn't be Lightning McQueen.
Thanks,
Kerri

Just ordered a Cinderella slipper to be delivered to a friend's little girl at the Grand Floridian..I asked Pat for a suggestion for something similiar for a little boy and she suggested a chocolate car...from Cars. Has anyone ordered one of these and which character was it? She said it wouldn't be Lightning McQueen.
Thanks,
Kerri

Wow I would love to know this too. I would love to see a picture of one.

Well just got off the phone with private dining at AKL. We are staying there in Oct and IPO told me to call directly to arrange a cake for DD bday. IPO told me I would be working with a Chef Amanda. I was very excited as I have heard not so great stuff re AK specialty cakes. I was excited for no reason. The woman who answered the phone seemed VERY confused. She has NO idea what I'm talking about. I guess I'll call back.

Wow I would love to know this too. I would love to see a picture of one.

I'll have my friend snap a pic of it, although it's a surprise, I'll give her a call after they've delivered it. Oh, and she quoted me $15.00 for the slipper and $25.00 for the car.

I'll have my friend snap a pic of it, although it's a surprise, I'll give her a call after they've delivered it. Oh, and she quoted me $15.00 for the slipper and $25.00 for the car.

That would be great! They must have just started this, so I can't wait to see a picture. Thank you again :goodvibes

That would be great! They must have just started this, so I can't wait to see a picture. Thank you again :goodvibes

No problem:goodvibes I know what to expect with the Cinderella slipper, as I have ordered a few over the years for my girls, but not the car. The prices of the solid chocolate characters were just way too steep for my budget. :scared1:

Has anyone had a minicake at 'Ohana? I called the Cake Hotline but was told they don't do minicakes and the smallest they can do is one that feeds 4-6 people.

Has anyone had a minicake at 'Ohana? I called the Cake Hotline but was told they don't do minicakes and the smallest they can do is one that feeds 4-6 people.

Mini cakes for Polynesian may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian at 407-824-1951.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter