OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saratoga Springs doesn't have a private dining department. That number was supposed to take you to Artist's Palette (Palate? I can't remember if they go for a play on words there or not... :teeth: ). I'd call the main number and ask to be connected to someone in the food and beverage department. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all of your help, as always! I ended up going through Hollywood Studios to have them delivered for their ADR tomorrow at Sci Fi. The woman I spoke with (Linda?) was such a big help! She is going to arrange for 3 Easter cupcakes to be delivered to my three beautiful nieces and quoted me $4.95 each. I am just awaiting one of the "Leaders" from Sci Fi to contact me about payment options? I'm not sure how well that one is going to pan out, but I can always work it out with my brother later on. So long as they get their cupcakes, I'll be happy! :thumbsup2

It was made by the Y&BC bakery and delivered to AoA. It was $60 +tax. It was beautiful and delicious!

Could you tell me what size that is? I love that cake. Was told by pop that my cake would come from the boardwalk bakery.

Also, we have booked a boat to see wishes (just the 7 of us) to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. I really don't know anything about this as I did not make the arrangements but I wondered about having a cake for him on the boat. Do you think this would be possible and if so, who or where do I call?

Yes. Ordering a cake for a Wishes cruise is just like ordering one for a restaurant. Call private dining at the resort where your cruise departs from to make arrangements. See the list in Post #2.

I was also considering just getting a cake from a bakery @ WDW if I can. Would they be likely to carry cakes that I could just go get or would I have to pre-order?

Only BoardWalk Bakery carries full cakes that that you can purchase to go, and I'm not sure they keep anything on hand besides the basic all-vanilla and all-chocolate cakes on hand. At that point, you may as well just order one of the (identical) "podium cakes" you can ask for when you check in at a Disney restaurant. I mean, unless you['re not dining at any Disney restaurant.

If you are at all particular about what you want, it's best to pre-order. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all of your help, as always! I ended up going through Hollywood Studios to have them delivered for their ADR tomorrow at Sci Fi. The woman I spoke with (Linda?) was such a big help! She is going to arrange for 3 Easter cupcakes to be delivered to my three beautiful nieces and quoted me $4.95 each. I am just awaiting one of the "Leaders" from Sci Fi to contact me about payment options? I'm not sure how well that one is going to pan out, but I can always work it out with my brother later on. So long as they get their cupcakes, I'll be happy! :thumbsup2

So glad this worked out for you!

Wow....this thread is addicting....and an inspiration. My husband and I honeymooned at Disney in May 2002 and will be back for our 11th anniversary May 18 with our son. I think a custom cake is the perfect "pixie dust" for this trip. I guess I'm torn about whether I should have it delivered for our dinner at BOG or to our room at BW. I didnt see an option for Brown Derby, but if that's a possibility that would be best, since that was our first honeymoon dinner and where we have ADR for the actual anniv. date.

I can't decide whether a 2 tier mini or a 6 inch is the way to go. But I know my husband would melt if he got a Haunted Mansion type of cake.

. Any advice would be helpful.

Oh silly me, just found the HS number. Still....advice on size/type?

Do you think you'd eat up the rest of a 6" cake? We were a party of 3 and I went with a 6" cake to get the design DGD wanted but it ended up going in the trash. All but a small section from where we each had 1 small sliver after it got delivered. I was sure that in the course of the week we had left there we'd finish it but in that entire time the only one to eat any more of it was me and it was just another very small slice. We threw out more than 3/4 of the cake. In hindsight I should have gotten a mini, no matter it wasn't the design she wanted most. They can still be done to be very cute.

I have a few questions and I hope someone here can help. First, what is the current price for the slipper dessert?? We are having dinner @ CRT on our upcoming trip and I was thinking about this for my niece who is 7. I noticed someone had a picture of a crown @ CRT, any idea the price for this??

Also, we have booked a boat to see wishes (just the 7 of us) to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. I really don't know anything about this as I did not make the arrangements but I wondered about having a cake for him on the boat. Do you think this would be possible and if so, who or where do I call?

I was also considering just getting a cake from a bakery @ WDW if I can. Would they be likely to carry cakes that I could just go get or would I have to pre-order?

Thanks for the help!

i ordered these for my friends children. The cake was for the wish child. I was originally ordering 2 slippers--one white and one milk choc. THe person I was talking with suggested the crown for the brother. I paid around 35 with tax and tip for both. It was 75 total for the cake, slipper, and crown. HTH

I know that I have not been on this board long. A while back I was getting ideas from you guys about a graduation cake for my son. We came up with the idea of a blueprint design with RnR coaster theme. I was talking with Chef Brian and he said no he could not do. They did not have a blueprint of RnR theme. I then asked if we could do any blueprint and just add a guitar...no again. HE would not budge. I was very nervous about calling Pat due to all the unkind remarks and I was prepared for a no again. She put me on hold and came back about 5 minutes laster with a big YES. I understand that she is very short with her words or whatever...but Brian can be as well. Yes, he may be more accommodating, but he still says no as well. My point is...just because one of them says no does not mean another will say no as well.

Hello follow Cake theraders

We will be at Disney 03.31-04.03. We have a cake scheudled for our dinner at Chef Mickeys on 03.31.13 it is an 8inch Pirate Mickey theme cake and a stitch mini cake. Do you think that it will be to much cake. 5 adults and 4

Wow....this thread is addicting....and an inspiration. My husband and I honeymooned at Disney in May 2002 and will be back for our 11th anniversary May 18 with our son. I think a custom cake is the perfect "pixie dust" for this trip. I guess I'm torn about whether I should have it delivered for our dinner at BOG or to our room at BW. I didnt see an option for Brown Derby, but if that's a possibility that would be best, since that was our first honeymoon dinner and where we have ADR for the actual anniv. date.

I can't decide whether a 2 tier mini or a 6 inch is the way to go. But I know my husband would melt if he got a Haunted Mansion type of cake.

. Any advice would be helpful.

Oh silly me, just found the HS number. Still....advice on size/type?

Hollywood Studios doesn't do fancy cakes and, last I'd heard, Be Our Guest can't accommodate special cake orders (something to do with the size of their refrigerator - they're addressing all requests on a case-by-case basis so you can ask) so your only option for those two locations would be a standard podium-type cake.

You can pick up a cake at the Boardwalk Bakery yourself, and take it to the Brown Derby with you, but at that point it probably just makes sense to have them deliver it to your room.

The size really depends on how much cake you think you'll eat and how customized you want it. I'm still going back and forth on this issue myself, because I'll be traveling with 3 adults and 1 toddler. I LOVE cake, and would likely have no trouble eating it for breakfast every morning for the rest of our trip, but the rest of the group probably not so much. I really want something special though.

I think a custom cake is the perfect "pixie dust" for this trip. I guess I'm torn about whether I should have it delivered for our dinner at BOG or to our room at BW.

I'd definitely call private dining at the Contemporary and see if they can deliver the kind of cake you want to BOG before giving up. It could be that what you want will fit in the cooler there.

A 6-inch is HUGE for 2 people, but if you don't mind wasting cake it will give you more real estate for decor. A 2-tier mini cake is the perfect size for two people.

We will be at Disney 03.31-04.03. We have a cake scheudled for our dinner at Chef Mickeys on 03.31.13 it is an 8inch Pirate Mickey theme cake and a stitch mini cake. Do you think that it will be to much cake. 5 adults and 4

Yes. You will easily feed that many just with the 8-inch cake and still have leftovers. But if you want a Stitch mini cake too, well, get a Stitch mini cake too! :goodvibes

Just ordered our 3rd cake through Pat at GF - so far we've loved dealing with her and have loved our cakes each time. We have a couple annoying dietary restrictions which make decorated cakes difficult to have. Each time our needs have been accommodated beautifully and creatively.

This time is for our little girls 5th birthday - Doc Mcstuffins theme 10in gluten-free chocolate with dark chocolate mousse $92.

At first Pat wasn't sure if Doc Mcstuffins would be okay or not - due to the new licensing rules or something, but Pat sent a msg off while we discussed an alternate design idea and before we were done discussing the cake she received a message saying Doc was okay to do. I'm actually really excited about the possibility of the alternate cake (BTMR), but since Doc is doable and it's my DDs first choice we went with that instead.

I know others have had issues/concerns working with her, but so far we've had no problems over the course of 2.5 years and 2.5 cakes. I doubt there'll be any issues this time either. Though tis time she was a lot more chatty than in the past, though maybe having worked with us previously and recalled us helps?

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm looking at feeding 3 of us ( me, husband and kid) and if we can get it delivered to BOG, it will be early enough in our trip that we can feast on throughout the remaining 5 days. And no cake has lasted as long as 5days in our house.

I may try the Contemporary first and see what we can do.

Just ordered our 3rd cake through Pat at GF - so far we've loved dealing with her and have loved our cakes each time. We have a couple annoying dietary restrictions which make decorated cakes difficult to have. Each time our needs have been accommodated beautifully and creatively.

This time is for our little girls 5th birthday - Doc Mcstuffins theme 10in gluten-free chocolate with dark chocolate mousse $92.

Glad to hear you've had such a great experience, and that gluten-free was not a big deal. Can't wait to see what you get!

They sound really cute. I hope you post some pictures of them both.

At first Pat wasn't sure if Doc Mcstuffins would be okay or not - due to the new licensing rules or something, but Pat sent a msg off while we discussed an alternate design idea and before we were done discussing the cake she received a message saying Doc was okay to do. I'm actually really excited about the possibility of the alternate cake (BTMR), but since Doc is doable and it's my DDs first choice we went with that instead.

I know others have had issues/concerns working with her, but so far we've had no problems over the course of 2.5 years and 2.5 cakes. I doubt there'll be any issues this time either. Though tis time she was a lot more chatty than in the past, though maybe having worked with us previously and recalled us helps?

I am one of the people that had a problem with Pat. I am glad that she is working with you on this cake. I hope that when out date gets closer she will be more helpful. I really hope you post some pictures of the cake it sounds super cute.

And thanks for posting about Pat. Maybe when we talked it was just a bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter