OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lurkyloo, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phi2012

phi2012 Mouseketeer

Im still trying to decide what type of cake/dessert to get for my daughter :confused3.

I was just wondering if anyone knew or had had a slipper dessert with added screen print images. I was thinking that my daughter would love the dessert but would also love to have it themed to her Favourite Disney characters, like Belle, Jessie or stitch. Didn't know if they could just do small screen prints of these characters and Attatch them with icing around the slipper.

What do people think, would it be possible and do you think the grand Floridian would be willing to change up the slipper dessert like this, fingers crossed as it would solve many of my cake problems :thumbsup2.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. monami7

monami7 DIS Veteran

I cant wait to see it! Can you tel me what it is costing?
    Thanks
    Heidi

4. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

The Swan & Dolphin are not owned by Disney, and they have their own pastry team. You'd need to call the restaurant directly to find out what your options are.

As for your earlier question about AK, I say give them a call and see what the pastry chef can do. Maybe they've begun to get more adventurous at this point and would attempt a minicake for you. :thumbsup2

They screen-print images on white chocolate and stand them atop cakes all the time, so I don't see why not. They could just stick them on the plate with blobs of frosting or something.

5. Maisey13

Maisey13 Mouseketeer

Thanks LurkyLoo! I appreciate your helpfulness and always having the answer :)

6. AliceandAriel

AliceandAriel part of your world!

We're not staying on-site, and I'm still a little rough to all of this so I'm not sure if that botches my chances of getting said cake.

The goal is to have the cake delivered to a place in MK. :(

7. lurkyloo

Glad to help! :goodvibes

Ah, well the place that delivers to the MK is the Contemporary Resort. See Post #2 for contact info and options. I'm thinking the chances of getting a white chocolate Alice are slim, but let us know what they say! The one thing they can do for sure is screen print her on a flat piece of white chocolate and stand it on the cake. I know it's not everybody's favorite look, though...

8. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho Earning My Ears

Does anyone know, if you supply a figure for the top of a cake, do you have to ship it to them ahead? Or can you drop it off once you've arrived at WDW?

I have a figurine of mickey & minnie waltzing for my parents' anniversary cake (they met at a dance class) We will arrive @ DW on a Friday & anniversary dinner is the following Wednesday.

9. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

We brought our supplied figures with us and I gave them to the server after we arrived in the restaurant. He put them on the cake before bringing it out.

10. phi2012

phi2012 Mouseketeer

Thanks lurkyloo, I'll try the gf and see what they say, fingers crossed they'll say yes and they don't charge too much for it. :)

11. OnlyDisney

OnlyDisney DIS Veteran

I think this would be a great cake for my son's 6th birthday. He's crazy about the color green. Do you think the cake would look too strange if we went with green fondant instead of the blue? I'm not a creative person so I can't picture what it would look like.

12. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

I think it would look strange unless they changed it up and altered the design. The fondant is blue because it's the sky behind the clubhouse. If the fondant was green you wouldn't want the clouds that are on there. It might still look okay with green, but it wouldn't give the same overall look the cake has with sky/grass as it is. JMO

I'm sure they could come up with some MM clubhouse design that used a green background though, if that's what you want! :thumbsup2

ETA: Now that I think about it...if the fondant was green it might look like the characters were having a picnic on top of the cake! That would be pretty cool! I just wouldn't use the little clouds around the sides, that's all. They probably could replace those with something else easily enough!

13. grace&philipsmom

grace&philipsmom DIS Veteran

Okay, so I'm hoping to order a cake for DH - I was hoping to get a hockey themed cake from the cartoon where Donald Duck teaches his nephews hockey. But the ids now think we should have a cake based on DH's favourite ride, Expedition Everest. My problem is that I can't picture an Everest cake.

14. Rarity

Rarity I don't trust wheels.

I took to Google, not expecting to find anything, but I ended up seeing this cake:

[​IMG]

The top layer is based on Expedition Everest. Not sure what your budget is, but it'll give you or the pastry chef some inspiration. :goodvibes

15. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts. If you replace the blue with green you are in essences replacing the sky with grass so the entire design would need to be altered. Which is possible without a doubt.

Another thought would be leaving the sides design as is and doing a green top, to make that look like grass, and the characters having a picnic on the grass.

That sort of makes it end up as 2 different themes combined, clubhouse with sky on the sides and grass on top. Would just have to ask the chef to see what he says.

16. AliceandAriel

AliceandAriel part of your world!

I knowwww, we still haven't gotten the chance to stay on site yet! (That's my next goal though; stay in one of the disney resorts in the next two years, saving up already!)

But absolutely, when I know what's up with the cake I'll post pictures and get all the details from the DBF :thumbsup2 Thank you for all of the help!

17. bgenew1

bgenew1 Mouseketeer

We arrive next Sunday (Easter) for our 20th wedding anniv trip. We have reservations Sunday night at Tony's for dinner. If I call tomorrow to order a mini two tier cake is that feasible in this time frame?

Thanks for any info.

18. lurkyloo

I think so! :thumbsup2 Congratulations on your 20th anniversary! :goodvibes

19. bgenew1

bgenew1 Mouseketeer

Thank you! We are very excited. Congrats to you Lurkyloo on your recent anniversary and vow renewal!

20. Kara315

Kara315 Mouseketeer

I haven't gotten done looking through the whole thread and the older ones so I haven't seen too many, I was just wondering if the boardwalk bakery is able to do the stand up white chocolate pictures like the CR and GF do. I heard the Boardwalk does pretty nice cakes like the other two bakeries. But haven't seen as many from them yet.
    Thanks.

21. grace&philipsmom

grace&philipsmom DIS Veteran

Wow thanks! That would be an awesome cake - however due to the fact that we are a party of 4, I would probably only want to get the top layer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.