1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lurkyloo, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel DIS Veteran

How long does it generally take to hear back from Chef Brian? I spoke with the contemporary's cake line yesterday and e-mailed Chef Brian this morning. I haven't heard back, though I wouldn't have expected to yet so I'm not upset or anything. I'm just curious as to how long others have waited to hear back on the initial quote so that the cake can be ordered. Our reservations are 2 weeks from tonight, so I just want to make sure everything gets ordered!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

I called the cake line on Wednesday, 2/13, and emailed Chef Brian that day. They said to allow 24 hours, I think. I got a reply from him on Friday, 2/15, with an idea of what he could do and the price. The email said that if everything was OK, to call the cake line back to confirm the order. When I called back on the weekend, I got a recording, so I waited until either Monday 2/18 or Tuesday 2/19 to call and confirm. The cake was for Sunday 2/24, so less than a week between the time I confirmed and it was to be delivered and it was no problem.

I was very pleased with the cake and my sister just raved about it. :thumbsup2

4. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel DIS Veteran

Thank you! I figured it was something like that, so I guess I'll probably hear back on Monday then. I e-mailed him an idea with pictures, but I also said he could take liberty with it all. I'm just trying to get a design that echos my parents' wedding in some way :)

I will post pictures when I get back!

5. amw

amw need a new tag

The first time I called the cake hotline because I just wanted a standard cake and they transferred me. The last two calls were to that number and both times went straight to her voicemail. It must be a busy time.

Disney really should standardize the basic offerings. LOL - the first person I spoke to at GF said I could only get a podium cake with a chocolate disc -- and that was through a cake hotline! :rotfl:

All's good - maybe next time. :flower3:

6. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel DIS Veteran

I heard from Chef Brian this morning! The price quote he gave for the cake in this design was $77. I'll take pictures of it before we devour it, I promise! :D

I'm so excited! I can't wait to surprise my parents :)

ETA: Oh, and I asked about the R2D2 cakes, and Chef Brian said they were not available yet, and that there was no timeline for when they would be available.

7. momtopuddin

momtopuddin Mouseketeer

We will be at AOA in August to celebrate my son's birthday. I would like to order the Mickey head cake to be delivered to the resort on our first night. How far in advance do I need to order and how do I pay for it? Do they take my credit card when I order or do I pay for it at the resort? Would I pick it from the food court or would they deliver to our room? Sorry for so many quetions. I just really want to surprise my son. He loves Disney and he will be turning 17 so this is my last trip with him before he is an ADULT! Any help is appreciated.

8. PrincessEmmysMom

PrincessEmmysMom Earning My Ears

Hope this works.
    [​IMG]
    Chef Brian did my DD's 7th birthday cake and it was delivered to CRT. I paid around $125. Thats all I remember. It was yummy

http://s757.beta.photobucket.com/user/LNHoffmann/media/IMG_5865.jpg.html

[​IMG]

9. RapunzelFloyd

RapunzelFloyd Mouseketeer

just quoting myself in case someone can help. Haven't heard response from Yvonne or anyone, afraid this isn't going to happen:sad2:

10. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel DIS Veteran

Has anyone ordered the Sorcerer Mickey cupcake or the Sparrow's Treasure mini-cake pictured in this post? Are they available? (I only ask because the R2D2 ones aren't...)

I'm contemplating ordering something for my nephews to have at their first sit-down meal (it's their first trip) - it's at Coral Reef. Would we be able to get either of those there? Does anyone have any idea what those might cost?

11. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Two weeks out is a good rule of thumb for ordering. They take your credit card number to hold when you order it and then charge it when they deliver the cake to your room.

We're not allowed to post cast member emails on the DIS, unfortunately, even if one of us had it. :( Can you not just call the number you called the first time to get the correct email address or talk to her on the phone?

Here's the deal: All the mini cakes in that post were done by the Grand Floridian pastry team as part of an exhibition of cakes at Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' bridal showcase. They are not standard designs that you can just call up anywhere on property and get. They are great inspiration, though, so what I suggest is to contact the appropriate bakery (see post #2 for details - you want Yacht & Beach Club), get an email address for the pastry chef, send a photo, and ask if they can re-create that look, and at what price.

I had Y&BC re-create a pumpkin-themed mini cake I snapped a photo of at the last bridal showcase, so hopefully they can help you too. :thumbsup2

12. PrincessEmmysMom

PrincessEmmysMom Earning My Ears

How much was this cake??

13. MonorailJunkie

MonorailJunkie Earning My Ears

Not sure how much that one costs but I had this cake made for my mother back in January, without the dual princess theme, and it was $200. I had it delivered to Le Cellier so it was made through the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery.

14. Scrappy_Tink

Scrappy_Tink DIS Veteran

Kind of reminds me of our wedding cake, only we had a scroll and gold mickey heads....

[​IMG][/IMG]

15. 2girlsR2good

2girlsR2good Mouseketeer

It's almost time for me to order my cake!!

I'm ordering a cake for a private Illuminations Birthday Cruise leaving from the Yacht Club for my twin DDs's 9th birthday. I am trying to think of themes and would love some help. There will be 8 people.

Their favorite ride is Expedition Everest. They are pretty much over the princesses as a theme (still like them in person). They are total cat lovers.

Illuminations itself seems like a great theme, but I'm hesitant. What if we just get sprinkles?

Anyone have a suggestion or idea to share?

16. MomofDisneyLoversx3

MomofDisneyLoversx3 DIS Veteran

Ok please talk me off the ledge. I spoke to Yvette on tues to order a cake for my boss's son. She told me she would call me back in two days. As of Friday I still had not heard back. I called again and spoke with her Friday. She told me she would resend the information as 'high priority' and I should hear back shortly. I still haven't heard back. The cake was for 3/7!! I promised my boss this will be great. Help!!!

Heather

17. jimim

jimim DIS Veteran

It's my daughter's 4th bday when we go in October and I was going to have Brian do it again for us at the Cal Grill (hoping its open by then). She is in crazy Little Mermaid mode soI wanted that as a theme.

Any ideas? Do they have a white chocolate topper of her? If not u think he can swing that in fondant? What about a sabastian and flounder in fondant too? I was just wondering but would also love to hear some ideas. I'm not a huge fan of the cutouts though. She loved the chocolate minnie from her first bday. She won't let us get rid of it either. It's still in the back of our fridge. lol

jiim

18. pigget74

pigget74 DVC Beach Club Villas

Go to the first page and click on the link to Part II...has cake index. There are several Arial cakes there.

19. lurkyloo

If it were me, I'd keep calling back ever hour or two until I got ahold of her and found out what was going on.

I have never seen a white chocolate Ariel topper, but they may have one¬óbest to ask. They cannot mold the characters out of fondant for you due to likeness-integrity issues. If you don't want a cutout, you'll have to supply your own plastic figurines.

20. MomofDisneyLoversx3

MomofDisneyLoversx3 DIS Veteran

Lurkyloo- just off the phone. Spoke w Brandon. Yvette was nice but didn't actually accomplish what I needed (ie a cake!) Brandon put me on hold CALLED Jessie the baker and kept me on the phone until it was all dealt with. Feeling better about life. :)

21. lurkyloo

Awesome! So glad you got it sorted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.