OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lurkyloo, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Well, the Cake Hotline directs you to the Contemporary's cake line, but who knows who's answering that... I've always had the best luck calling Private Dining directly. They know the drill with the emailing of the pastry chef and everything. :thumbsup2

Ooh! I'd love to see the cake once you hit your 10 posts! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. weatherboy80

weatherboy80 Earning My Ears

Will do - working on that right now (+1) :)

4. smkohn

smkohn Mouseketeer

I'm very excited :goodvibes I finally have a "reason" to order a specialty cake for our upcoming November vacation! Not that I actually needed a reason, I would've ordered one to surprise my boyfriend just for the heck of it. :rotfl: However, my boyfriend has decided to run his very first half marathon while we are down there, so now it will be a congratulatory cake for his accomplishment! Woohoo!
    I'm getting so impatient for November to come. I've changed my mind once again on the theme I think. Now I'm thinking Jungle Cruise themed! It's kind of "our ride." Looking at some of the totally awesome cakes on here, I'm confidant that I'll end up with something great. I'll share pictures...in about 3.5 months :rotfl2:

5. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

I want to see it too. Now you can reply to my post to have +1 more posts. :teeth:

6. weatherboy80

Halfway there now ...

7. mommys3

mommys3 Disney Or Bust

Can't wait to see it! I need ideas for our anniversary cake...hoping to put my order in the first week of August

8. weatherboy80

Thanks, I can reply to your post now :)

9. EmpressBubbles

EmpressBubbles Proud Duck Smuggler

I thought this was a standard cake. I didn't think there were any options. Has anyone had one lately???

10. weatherboy80

Up to 10 now :)

11. GoofySon'sMom

GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

Yay! Looking forward to the picture! :thumbsup2

12. weatherboy80

As promised here is a picture of our anniversary cake:
    [​IMG]

As I said before it was a version of the Mickey's Delight cake with a hand painted Mickey and Minnie chocolate topper and a few extra red roses. The cake was vanilla with raspberry mousse filling to replicate our original wedding cake flavors. It was ordered for last Friday night after our dinner at the California Grill and ended up costing me $85. I did get to use my Tables in Wonderland on both the meal and cake.

Overall, the process went better than expected. The cake turned out great and tasted pretty darn good as well. They said it would serve approx 4 people, but the two of us have been eating it now (very large slices) for 3 straight nights so it could easily serve more than that. In addition, they brought out a complimentary piece of their chocolate cake (we ended up taking the entire anniversary cake home since we live within an hour), which I must admit was just as good or probably better tasting than the anniversary cake!

[​IMG]

13. PatsMinnie

PatsMinnie Earning My Ears

Thanks weatherboy80 for reminding me I, too, could now put up a pic of my anniversary cake from last year! I love yours btw! I wish BB could have done something like that for me last year, but I'm sure I'll have future opportunities to do that...:hug:

This cake was made by the chefs at Boardwalk Bakery.
    Delivery to our room at POFQ was coordinated by Boatwright's Dining Hall.
    The delivery person came right on time on 9/3/11.
    The total cost including tip and tax was $90.53.
    Inside was chocolate cake with strawberry mousse filling - very delicious!

[​IMG]

14. Brandilovesdisney

Brandilovesdisney DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the Mickey Mouse Head Cake is difficult to get at Boatwright's? It seems like ordering anything through them and coordinating it with the Boardwalk is a nightmare. :confused: Who would I call - Boatwright's or Boardwalk or both?

15. PatsMinnie

PatsMinnie Earning My Ears

I would cover my bases and call both. In my experience last year, I had to deal with both- Boardwalk to actually make the cake, and Boatwright's to deal with coordination of delivery and payment.

16. amw

amw need a new tag

Thank you so much for finally making your posts! This is exactly the kind of cake I wanted to get from the Contemporary -- I'll make sure to save the photo. ;)

17. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

The Mickey Cake is a standard cake available at nearly every location. You would call Boatwright's to order it. (See post #2) :thumbsup2

18. Belleoftheballl

Belleoftheballl Mouseketeer

How early should I call the comtporary private dining for them to make me a specialty cake? A week in advance?

19. Belleoftheballl

Belleoftheballl Mouseketeer

This cake is beautiful! Thanks for sharing this. What size of cake is this?

20. weatherboy80

Thanks!! They said it was a six cake, but I swear it looked a bit bigger. Like I said the two of us had over 3 nights with of leftovers :)

21. alfwhoa

alfwhoa Earning My Ears

Love your cake! :dance3:

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.