OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for help and opinions. We are 31 days out now - going Oct 5 - 12. Staying at POR. Daughter turns 5 during our stay on the 9th. We are having dinner at CRT that night. Not sure what the best day/plan is for getting a cake. Concerned about doing CRT and then having to lug leftovers around the park. Appreciate any opinions. If I don't do CRT what is the best plan? Thanks!

We are eating at CRT for a birthday celebration and I just ordered the chocolate slipper dessert, so I don't have to lug cakes around. I did order 2 mini cakes for our dinner at WCC since we are staying at WL and figured any leftover cake could be taken to our room. I was told by CR bakery that the minicakes are pretty small and not to expect leftovers. CRT has a her royal highness package that you might look into. It includes a cake, balloon, and tiara I think. It's listed on the CRT dining page on Disneyworld.com.

Ugh I called last Friday to try to book a cake through Caribbean Beach Resort and Boardwalk Bakery... They still haven't gotten to me with a price and we want it delivered on Saturday to our resort. The lady I need to speak with was our on vacation and now she's sick. Someone else at the resort forwarded my request to the Boardwalk Bakery but I'm still waiting to hear. Supposed to call today, but I'm not real happy how I feel like they are putting it off till the last minute. It's somewhat if a simple design... 8 inch round but decorated like Monsters Inc.

If I ever find out a price and am able to order, I'll post a picture of it after we get it.

They said they could deliver to our resort and that it could sit out for up to 4 hours... How does this work? Will they deliver and put inside our room?

We did put a request on our room for a fridge so we could keep the left overs fresh.

Besides Cinderella's Castle, where is the best place to book for a cake delivery in the MK? Thanks.

Cakes can be delivered to any table-service restaurant in the MK, so just pick your favorite!

They said they could deliver to our resort and that it could sit out for up to 4 hours... How does this work? Will they deliver and put inside our room?

Yes, they will leave it on the table for you, or inside the fridge if the box fits (not sure an 8-inch cake box will fit in Disney's minifridges).

I'm looking for an opinion.

We will be at Disney for my daughter's 7th birthday (Sept 21st), so I want to order our cake.

We will be dining at Garden Grill that night. Is it better to have the cake there or have it back at our resort later (BCV)? We have a villa, so we'll have plenty of room for storing the cake.

Part of me is thinking GG as it would be a bit more celebratory with the characters. Part of me is thinking back at the resort later at night so we don't have to (1) be filled to the brim after dinner and (2) lug the cake back.

We'll be traveling with family (also staying in the villas) so I need a 10 inch.

TIA!!

Hello All!

Not sure if Disney can do this because I am having a hard time getting some information from them, so maybe you guys can help me with an idea and with someone who can make this happen for us.

My husband and I are expecting our first child and we are looking for a gender reveal cake while we are on vacation in Disney. (The inside of the cake will be either pink or blue depending on gender of baby). Is this something that Disney could accomodate? What kind of decorations could Disney do on the outside of the cake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

lurkyloo said:
Cakes can be delivered to any table-service restaurant in the MK, so just pick your favorite!

Yes, they will leave it on the table for you, or inside the fridge if the box fits (not sure an 8-inch cake box will fit in Disney's minifridges).

I didn't think they would deliver to Be our Guest?

I think as long as there is room in the cooler they will, so it's on a case-by-case basis I suppose. When emailing back and forth last week about having our cake delivered to a restaurant I was told they will deliver to BOG dinner, but not lunch. :goodvibes

I think as long as there is room in the cooler they will, so it's on a case-by-case basis I suppose. When emailing back and forth last week about having our cake delivered to a restaurant I was told they will deliver to BOG dinner, but not lunch. :goodvibes
PERFECT! now I have to pray for the ressie!:goodvibes

Ugh I called last Friday to try to book a cake through Caribbean Beach Resort and Boardwalk Bakery... They still haven't gotten to me with a price and we want it delivered on Saturday to our resort. The lady I need to speak with was our on vacation and now she's sick. Someone else at the resort forwarded my request to the Boardwalk Bakery but I'm still waiting to hear. Supposed to call today, but I'm not real happy how I feel like they are putting it off till the last minute. It's somewhat if a simple design... 8 inch round but decorated like Monsters Inc.

If I ever find out a price and am able to order, I'll post a picture of it after we get it.

We did put a request on our room for a fridge so we could keep the left overs fresh.

Okay I ordered it today! It will be delivered on Saturday at 2:30 pm to our resort. It was $62 plus tax for a 8 inch marble cake with Monsters Inc decoration. I really hope it turns out right... The lady finally called me and said that she sent my email with explanation and my picture I sent her to Boardwalk Bakery... But she was very scatter brained and called me the wrong name like 2 times. She apologized and said she had 6 cake orders to do. Lets pray its right and I don't get someone else's cake!!

Ill post a picture next week!

We are eating at CRT for a birthday celebration and I just ordered the chocolate slipper dessert, so I don't have to lug cakes around. I did order 2 mini cakes for our dinner at WCC since we are staying at WL and figured any leftover cake could be taken to our room. I was told by CR bakery that the minicakes are pretty small and not to expect leftovers. CRT has a her royal highness package that you might look into. It includes a cake, balloon, and tiara I think. It's listed on the CRT dining page on Disneyworld.com.

Thanks for the response! I think that sounds like a good plan. I will check out what CRT has. Thanks!!

I am having a mini 2-tier cake being delivered to our BOG dinner on 9/21. When I emailed magickingdomcakes, I mentioned right up front to the CM Amy the size of the cake. There was never any discussion that it was too big.

But I didn't choose the size of the cake to fit the restaurant. I wanted this to match the size of our party and the fact that I don't want any leftovers!

BTW, keep trying to get a ressie for BOG. It was always "sold out" but someone must have cancelled and I just plain lucked out and checked the web at the right time!

I have been trying to figure out when to squeeze in a cake for our next trip but its not working out with available ADRs and park plans and considering leftovers. So I had the thought of maybe instead of doing a mini cake for just me and ODS I could order a 6 inch and bring it home for all of us to share.

How crazy hard do you think that would be to do?

So I had the thought ... I could order a 6 inch and bring it home for all of us to share. How crazy hard do you think that would be to do?

As long as butter cream and no mousse filling or fruit it should be fine. Are you going to cut it up and put in rubbermaid type containers or try and transport it whole? are you driving or flying? if flying can you take it as a carryon if you don't want to cut it up?

I had a friend transport a whole 9" 3 layer cake by car 450 miles for my birthday once and it arrived fine.

But I have seen some cakes whose decorations/icing sort of melted when it was hot and they weren't refrigerated. That could be a concern.

I have been trying to figure out when to squeeze in a cake for our next trip but its not working out with available ADRs and park plans and considering leftovers. So I had the thought of maybe instead of doing a mini cake for just me and ODS I could order a 6 inch and bring it home for all of us to share.

How crazy hard do you think that would be to do?

We've brought leftover cake (buttercream-only) home in Tupperware before. It didn't look pretty, but it tasted fine!

DSC05459.jpg

As long as butter cream and no mousse filling or fruit it should be fine. Are you going to cut it up and put in rubbermaid type containers or try and transport it whole? are you driving or flying? if flying can you take it as a carryon if you don't want to cut it up?

I had a friend transport a whole 9" 3 layer cake by car 450 miles for my birthday once and it arrived fine.

But I have seen some cakes whose decorations/icing sort of melted when it was hot and they weren't refrigerated. That could be a concern.

I'm flying and just confirmed with the airline its okay to do. I was thinking doing it this way I could take it whole or we could have a couple slices and take the leftovers home.

As I drive to WDW, I have taken home cake with Bavarian crème and strawberries. I pack a large cooler with some ice and put the cake in Tupperware. Since I didn't leave immediately, I left it with the bell hop who kindly left it in the refrigerator storage until I was ready to go drive home. The cake was still good when arriving home.

Learned after the first time of throwing away the cake as I hadn't forseen the need. And, that large cooler came in handy as I took home all left over CS and snack credits too.

Okay I ordered it today! It will be delivered on Saturday at 2:30 pm to our resort. It was $62 plus tax for a 8 inch marble cake with Monsters Inc decoration. I really hope it turns out right... The lady finally called me and said that she sent my email with explanation and my picture I sent her to Boardwalk Bakery... But she was very scatter brained and called me the wrong name like 2 times. She apologized and said she had 6 cake orders to do. Lets pray its right and I don't get someone else's cake!!

Ill post a picture next week!

Hi Michelle,

I hope you have a great weekend! Can't wait to hear how your cake came out ! Hope all is well with you

Jodi

kimmy85 said:
I am having a mini 2-tier cake being delivered to our BOG dinner on 9/21. When I emailed magickingdomcakes, I mentioned right up front to the CM Amy the size of the cake. There was never any discussion that it was too big.

But I didn't choose the size of the cake to fit the restaurant. I wanted this to match the size of our party and the fact that I don't want any leftovers!

BTW, keep trying to get a ressie for BOG. It was always "sold out" but someone must have cancelled and I just plain lucked out and checked the web at the right time!

Thanks! If I can get the ressie I'm thinking a yellow 2 tier w/a red rose on top to fit the atmosphere ( if I go simple). I have several months to fine tune the cake. I hope I can see more beauty & the beast cakes posted here to decide.

Forgive me if this has been asked already. I have just found a ressie for CRT for our daughter's birthday on Sept 27 for breakfast. Would she be able to get a chocolate slipper at that time of day and how would I order one? Thank you :)

Here is the cake I ordered for my dads birthday. It was delivered to his resort room from Boardwalk Bakery. It was $62 plus tax. It was an 8 inch 3 layer marble cake with buttercream icing. Mikes face was made with fondant. The cake was delicious! It looked identical to my sample picture. 5 of us had large pieces and we still had 1/2 the cake left! The only thing that wasn't perfect was they were supposed to deliver plates, napkins, utensils, and candles and nothing came with the cake. Luckily I planned for that and brought everything with us.

37088B32-6F41-4A5F-9A91-A433E7C67CE6-4582-000001D23158E305_zps79fee07b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter