OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed my order last week. This weekend I was ordering a cake for my son for the day of graduation---I knew he did not like red velvet so I asked him what other flavors--to my shock and horror he said that he no longer liked choc. cake. We do not do a lot of cake in our house. In the past choc. was his favorite.

Question--how hard will it be to call and change this. His cake is all choc. even the filling. Our choices were only choc. or vanilla. So now I need a vanilla cake and a different filling. We don't go until next month, but is it hard to change once you have ordered?

Has anyone done a Chernabog cake? I was wondering if it would be possible to get Chernabog on his mountain on the top of the cake with the spirits wrapped around the bottom. Hubby's 30th is coming up and he loves Chernabog and loved the Tangled cake we got for our anniversary

when they write dark chocolate filling and frosting, is it also a buttercream?

Usually what Disney calls "filling" is more of a mousse, but certain cakes do just have the same buttercream inside that's on the outside. I would definitely confirm what you're getting with the bakery if it's important to you.

I placed my order last week. This weekend I was ordering a cake for my son for the day of graduation---I knew he did not like red velvet so I asked him what other flavors--to my shock and horror he said that he no longer liked choc. cake. We do not do a lot of cake in our house. In the past choc. was his favorite.

Question--how hard will it be to call and change this. His cake is all choc. even the filling. Our choices were only choc. or vanilla. So now I need a vanilla cake and a different filling. We don't go until next month, but is it hard to change once you have ordered?

It is not hard at all, but I would be sure to call back a few days before to reconfirm the new flavors so that they don't accidentally give you the ones you originally asked for.

Will be ordering a cake from Yacht club for dh birthday (for illumination cruise).

I've checked out the cakes and cannot make up my mind taste-wise, which cake is tastier - the mickey cake with mousse filling and ganache, or the 8 inch cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting.

has anyone tried eighther of them ? can I get some advice which is tastier?

when they write dark chocolate filling and frosting, is it also a buttercream?
They both have the same filling at locations in the Contemporary, Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge And Fort Wilderness. Hope that helps!

hello all..we are styaing at the all star movis resot in mid May and celebrating my baby boys 1st birthday. I would like to have a custom made cake made and either delivered to the room or picked up by us...can you please hep me on what route I should go? i have been trying to find an answer thru the thread but with an almost 1 year old by time is limiteed. Thanks in advcance

hello all..we are styaing at the all star movis resot in mid May and celebrating my baby boys 1st birthday. I would like to have a custom made cake made and either delivered to the room or picked up by us...can you please hep me on what route I should go? i have been trying to find an answer thru the thread but with an almost 1 year old by time is limiteed. Thanks in advcance

I copied this from the first page of this thread:

All-Star Resorts 407-827-2253
6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
12-inch $30 white, chocolate, yellow or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
1/2 sheet cake $65, same options as 12-inch cake
Full sheet cake $130, same options as 12-inch cake

Otherwise look at the first page and you could pick one up at the Boardwalk Bakery I think.

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Tangled/Rapunzel cake made by the Grand Floridian's pastry team for a wedding. EDITED: Helpful DISer YCFAN got a quote on this cake for us from the GF: $750

CPS_2951.jpg

BAI_0913-520x346.jpg

BAI_0919.jpg

BAI_0918-520x346.jpg

Beautiful tangled cake, reminds me of our wedding cake, we did the lantern scene with remnants of the tower on the bottom and the sun on the second tier, wasn't made at Disney though.

Back to Disney cakes though, how does one word a request for the side images on the cake like the haunted mansion wallpaper, cinderella images or family photos I have seen in the gallery and what is the 2d image sticking out of the cake called?

When I request hubby's chernabog cake I want to make sure they understand what I am asking for, thanks :)

does anyone know if they can fit 3 of the flat chocolate figures on a 6 in cake?? I was wanting to get a cake for each of my kids, but after seeing the price, I and just going to go for one cake and 3 figures...:confused3

Beautiful tangled cake, reminds me of our wedding cake, we did the lantern scene with remnants of the tower on the bottom and the sun on the second tier, wasn't made at Disney though.

Ooh! I'd love to see it! :hyper:

Back to Disney cakes though, how does one word a request for the side images on the cake like the haunted mansion wallpaper, cinderella images or family photos I have seen in the gallery and what is the 2d image sticking out of the cake called?

does anyone know if they can fit 3 of the flat chocolate figures on a 6 in cake?? I was wanting to get a cake for each of my kids, but after seeing the price, I and just going to go for one cake and 3 figures...:confused3

Those are all screen prints. When you're talking about standing screen prints on white chocolate, the pastry chef can tell you how many will fit on top. Seems like they could just make them smaller, if necessary...

This is the wedding cake and groom's cake, hubby and I designed them and had them made by my MOH's friend here in Texas.

Thanks, I was really happy with them :)
I think everyone should have a pascal cake, we got engaged in front of Flynn and Rapunzel at Disneyland, then had a Tangled wedding and for our one year we went to Disneyworld where I had them make the Tangled mini cake, I shared at the beginning of the month. Now I am planning a Chernabog cake for next year for hubby's 30th before his suprise birthday cruise :) :woohoo:

THe mini castle cake was done at the Grand Floridian $30.00
The Mickey Pirate Cake was done at Chef Mickeys $77.00 with Fondant

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter