Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was looking back through my e-mails with CR to get the cost difference between buttercream and fondant on our 6" cake, I noticed a pattern. Each time I requested a quote for a 6" cake and just identified a theme - like Toy Story or Haunted Mansion - the quote always came back at $89. But when I sent photos and was specific about the Goofy cake that we actually did order, the quote was $68 and then $74 for fondant.

We ordered a 6" cake with a painted white chocolate goofy topper for our youngest son's birthday in January. For buttercream, the price would have been $68. For fondant, the price increased to $74. So only $6 extra for fondant! The fondant looked great and was actually my favorite part of the entire cake.

Yes! We tried to order a Haunted Mansion mini cake for our March stay at WL. The CR bakery said that, for the Haunted Mansion theme, we would need to go with a 6" cake with an estimated cost of $89. We didn't have enough in our party to make a 6" cake worth it for that trip, so we skipped it. Really looking forward to seeing the HM mini cake!!!
I was quoted $50 for the mini cake which I thought was more than reasonable. I hope it turns out well!! What I do know for sure? The cake itself will be delicious! Why is Disney vanilla cake so addictive? :cake:

Just about a month before we arrive, so its time to order! Thanks to the first post in this thread I easily ordered a slipper dessert for DD for our Grand Floridian Tea. Then, after reading post after post, and clicking to the links, I decided to order an Anniversary 2-tier Mini Cake for delivery to our room at Wilderness Lodge! (after all I splurged and put us in a Club level, that will be a surprise! ;) )

Now. We will be there for dh's birthday, but we move to Beach Club Villas, so I want to order something to be picked up from the Boardwalk Bakery... not that I have the slightest idea how I want to order his cake! He does not like Fondant so I'm thinking I should just order a regular standard cake. But I keep thinking of the Treasure Chest Cakes I've seen... anyway....

Do I just do this through the main Cake Ordering Hotline number? (i.e. Boardwalk Bakery number is through the Cake Ordering Hotline posted in the first post)

Beach Club has its own bakery (shared with Yacht Club) so you can either call the Cake Hotline and push a million buttons or call the number listed for Beach Club in the second post.

We ordered a 6" cake with a painted white chocolate goofy topper for our youngest son's birthday in January. For buttercream, the price would have been $68. For fondant, the price increased to $74. So only $6 extra for fondant! The fondant looked great and was actually my favorite part of the entire cake.

Thank you. It's very helpful.

We just got back from a fantastic trip with some cakes that we absolutely loved!

Price:$151
Date Received: 4/25/15
Cake Info: This was an 8 inch cake decorated with blue fondant. It was vanilla cake with Bavarian cream filling. The cake was moist and delicious. We worked with Amy from the Magic Kingdom and she was amazing to work with and got back to me very quickly about the cake.

Price: $40
Date Received: 4/26/15
Cake Info: This was a mini cake with vanilla cake and vanilla buttercream. I was very happy with this cake. Pat was great to deal with. She was extremely helpful and a very nice person. We've dealt with her in the past and loved her too.

Price: This was part of the Royal Higness package at CRT, but the cake itself was $80
Date Received: 4/29/15
Cake Info: The cake was fondant with vanilla cake and vanilla buttercream. It was very easy to order the package.

Price: $35
Date Received: 4/29/15
Cake Info: This was a mini cake with vanilla cake and vanilla buttercream.

We also bought a castle mini cake and slipper dessert on this trip and dealt with Pat for both. They were perfect, but seeing as they are pretty standard I won't post them.

I don't know about anybody else in this thread but I'm wishing I was Gillian............Those look delicious!!

I had to post a pic of the pirate cake we enjoyed at LTT today. Made by the Contemporary Bakery it was a 4 layer 6 inch marble cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and both chocolate and vanilla buttercream filling. Fondant covered. It was so gorgeous I could barely bring myself to cut it. They did another awesome job.

That cake looks so awesome, I'm wondering if you would mind sharing the price?

That cake looks so awesome, I'm wondering if you would mind sharing the price?

Sorry thought I did. It was $120.

So I've been stalking this thread for months now in anticipation of ordering a cake for my step-daughter's 10th birthday, June 3rd.

This previous Tuesday I e-mailed the Contemporary to ask about a Minnie Mouse cake. I heard back from Donald and he asked about a budget. I told him $75, and his response was that they could do a cake with a 2D Minnie image on top. I wanted something different than a 2D or 3D image so I did some searching and e-mailed a picture similar to this cake. (I can't seem to insert the original picture but it is almost the same).
Minnie Mouse cake.jpg
But I asked for buttercream rather than fondant.

I then got an e-mail from Brian asking if I was opposed to fondant. I stated in my reply that I preferred buttercream but if the only want to do the cake was fondant then that was fine. I then e-mailed the following pictures that are similar but made with just buttercream (except the ears and bow). I also assumed that the stand-up ears and bow would be quite pricey so I offered another option, a flat Minnie head and bow, for the top. I asked for prices for both cakes in a 6" and 8". Based on the previous e-mail from Donald, I thought I may need to be more flexible with my budget so I told Brian it was flexible.
Buttercream Minnie.jpg Minnie cake top.jpg

I heard back from Brian saying that the cake would need to be fondant to support the decorations and that the price for either cake would be $89 for 6" and $106 for 8". I was quite surpirsed that the stand up ears and bow top would be the same price as the flat-top but whatever I'll take it!

I told him I would take the 8" with the stand up ears and bow, with the dots around the cake like the first picture above, but asked for a white ruffle border like the one in the second picture (but without the dots).

I also asked for vanilla cake with the strawberry filling and he said that was fine. I am waiting to hear back to make sure we are on the same page before I place my order.

It is a complete surprise for everyone but me. I am very excited to see it and will be sure to post pictures.

YIKES!! Sorry for the HUGE pictures....

Attachments

• Minnie Mouse cake.png
    Minnie Mouse cake.png
    464.2 KB · Views: 125
Here's the info on the NEW Cinderella's Royal Table "Her Royal Highness" Package. I'll link to this from the first post in the thread too.

Price: $110 plus tax and 18% gratuity (henceforth denoted as ++). You may also order the individual package elements separately. Prices for individual items listed below.

What's Included:
  • Princess balloon ($10++ individually)
  • Fancy, fondant-covered vanilla or chocolate cake featuring decor and a white chocolate screen print of a princess image standing against the top tier of a small 2-tier cake ($80++ individually)
  • Name on the cake
  • Barrette-style 3-inch crystal tiara ($20++ individually)
  • Substitute full-size 5-inch tiara for an additional $17++ ($37++ individually)
Add-ons:
  • White or dark chocolate Cinderella Slipper dessert filled with chocolate mousse and served with berries: $ 12.50++
  • White chocolate Crown (milk chocolate not available) filled with chocolate mousse and served with berries: $12.50++
  • Glass Cinderella Slipper presented on rose petals: $65++

Princess Cakes Available with 3 Days' Notice:
  • Anna & Elsa
  • Ariel
  • Aurora
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Jasmine
  • Snow White

Princess Cakes Available with 5 Days' Notice:
  • Merida
  • Mulan
  • Pocahontas
  • Rapunzel
  • Sophia the First
  • Tiana

Rules:
  • 72 hours' notice required
  • Theme park admission required
  • CRT reservation required
  • Payment is not due until you dine at CRT
  • No other flavors are available for the cake
  • Princesses will visit table but cannot present the package/cake
  • CRT will not store your cake after you get it
How to Order:
Email wdw.crt.special.events@disney.com or call 407-824-4477 with the following info...
  1. Reservation confirmation number
  2. What flavor cake you would like (chocolate or vanilla)
  3. Which Princess you would like
  4. Pick one inscription: “Happy Birthday (name)”, “Happy Birthday Princess”, or “Princess (name)”
  5. Which size tiara you prefer
    For a signature slipper or crown dessert
  6. Whether you would like white chocolate or dark chocolate for the slipper (crowns are only available in white chocolate)
  7. What you would like written on the plate (up to 4 words)
Cast members work Monday-Saturday, 8:30am-4:30pm ET. Allow up to 72 hours for a response.

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Package%20Cakes.png

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Package%20Info.png

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Anna%20Elsa%20Cake.jpg

ARIELCAKE.jpg

Signature%20Slipper%20Dessert.jpg

Note: Slipper is no longer served on a piece of cake.
CinderellaSlipper.png

Signature%20Crown%20Dessert.jpg

GlassSlipper.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those princess cakes look great. Is there a way to order them separately? Have one delivered to CSR? My fiancée would flip over that Belle cake

Wow, those princess cakes look great. Is there a way to order them separately? Have one delivered to CSR? My fiancée would flip over that Belle cake

You can order them separately for $80++, but only for places served by the Contemporary Resort pastry team if you want that exact cake: Contemporary, Magic Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness. You could send the photo to another Disney pastry team to attempt a re-creation, but CSR food and beverage is run by a different vendor that doesn't do fancy fondant cakes.

I got a reply from them:

Thank you for contacting Cinderella’s Royal Table Special Events! My apologies, but unfortunately that cake is only available at Cinderella’s Royal Table. It is exclusive to the Her Royal Highness package only offered at the castle. Also, cakes are only available to add on to existing reservations at table service restaurants. Be Our Guest is a quick service restaurant at breakfast and lunch, so cakes are not available during those meal periods. Do you have dining reservations at another table service restaurant that you would be interested in adding on a cake to?

Here's the info on the NEW Cinderella's Royal Table "Her Royal Highness" Package. I'll link to this from the first post in the thread too.

Price: $110 plus tax and 18% gratuity (henceforth denoted as ++). You may also order the individual package elements separately. Prices for individual items listed below.

What's Included:
  • Princess balloon ($10++ individually)
  • Fancy, fondant-covered vanilla or chocolate cake featuring decor and a white chocolate screen print of a princess image standing against the top tier of a small 2-tier cake ($80++ individually)
  • Name on the cake
  • Barrette-style 3-inch crystal tiara ($20++ individually)
  • Substitute full-size 5-inch tiara for an additional $17++ ($37++ individually)
Add-ons:
  • White or dark chocolate Cinderella Slipper dessert filled with chocolate mousse and served with berries: $ 12.50++
  • White chocolate Crown (milk chocolate not available) filled with chocolate mousse and served with berries: $12.50++
  • Glass Cinderella Slipper presented on rose petals: $65++

Princess Cakes Available with 3 Days' Notice:
  • Anna & Elsa
  • Ariel
  • Aurora
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Jasmine
  • Snow White

Princess Cakes Available with 5 Days' Notice:
  • Merida
  • Mulan
  • Pocahontas
  • Rapunzel
  • Sophia the First
  • Tiana

Rules:
  • 72 hours' notice required
  • Theme park admission required
  • CRT reservation required
  • Payment is not due until you dine at CRT
  • No other flavors are available for the cake
  • Princesses will visit table but cannot present the package/cake
  • CRT will not store your cake after you get it
How to Order:
Email wdw.crt.special.events@disney.com or call 407-824-4477 with the following info...
  1. Reservation confirmation number
  2. What flavor cake you would like (chocolate or vanilla)
  3. Which Princess you would like
  4. Pick one inscription: “Happy Birthday (name)”, “Happy Birthday Princess”, or “Princess (name)”
  5. Which size tiara you prefer
    For a signature slipper or crown dessert
  6. Whether you would like white chocolate or dark chocolate for the slipper (crowns are only available in white chocolate)
  7. What you would like written on the plate (up to 4 words)
Cast members work Monday-Saturday, 8:30am-4:30pm ET. Allow up to 72 hours for a response.

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Package%20Cakes.png

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Package%20Info.png

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Anna%20Elsa%20Cake.jpg

Signature%20Slipper%20Dessert.jpg

Note: Slipper is no longer served on a piece of cake.
CinderellaSlipper.png

Signature%20Crown%20Dessert.jpg

GlassSlipper.jpg

Great post - thanks for sharing! Where did you find this information and the new brochure and cake photos? I'm not seeing it anywhere online?

I heard back from Brian saying that the cake would need to be fondant to support the decorations and that the price for either cake would be $89 for 6" and $106 for 8". I was quite surpirsed that the stand up ears and bow top would be the same price as the flat-top but whatever I'll take it!

Very helpful information! And there's that $89 quote for a six-inch cake again . . . which seems high, since we had a fondant-covered six-inch cake with balloons and clouds on the base and a hand-painted white chocolate goofy on top for $74 a few months ago. But as I mentioned earlier, they started by throwing out the $89 quote.

Very helpful information! And there's that $89 quote for a six-inch cake again . . . which seems high, since we had a fondant-covered six-inch cake with balloons and clouds on the base and a hand-painted white chocolate goofy on top for $74 a few months ago. But as I mentioned earlier, they started by throwing out the $89 quote.

Was the cake you ordered made by the Contemporary?

I agree $89 is quite high for a 6". I was a little bummed with the price initially but had my heart set on a cake like the picture. The I decided if I was goind to spend $90 on a 6" cake I might as well spend $16 more to have leftovers. Here's to hoping I'm one of those people who is charged less than the quoted price. If not, whatever, I've already budgeted for it.

Was the cake you ordered made by the Contemporary?

I agree $89 is quite high for a 6". I was a little bummed with the price initially but had my heart set on a cake like the picture. The I decided if I was goind to spend $90 on a 6" cake I might as well spend $16 more to have leftovers. Here's to hoping I'm one of those people who is charged less than the quoted price. If not, whatever, I've already budgeted for it.

Yes! Made by the Contemporary - worked with Brian and Donald via e-mail and then called in the order for delivery to Chef Mickey's. We were a party of seven for that trip and had a ton of leftovers with the 6" cake.

Just a thought from my correspondence with the CR bakery. When I propose a cake idea, the first response from CR is a question about my budget. That's a question I have not answered because honestly, I'd like to see the options and then decide how much to spend. I don't have a specific amount in mind initially. When I've asked for a variety of options, from buttercream mini cake to 6" fondant - including screen print, 2D and hand-painted chocolate, I start to see a price breakdown that makes sense to me and feels like a better value.

I got a reply from them:

Thank you for contacting Cinderella’s Royal Table Special Events! My apologies, but unfortunately that cake is only available at Cinderella’s Royal Table. It is exclusive to the Her Royal Highness package only offered at the castle. Also, cakes are only available to add on to existing reservations at table service restaurants. Be Our Guest is a quick service restaurant at breakfast and lunch, so cakes are not available during those meal periods. Do you have dining reservations at another table service restaurant that you would be interested in adding on a cake to?

I'm sure that if you sent in a photo to one of the other pastry teams they could create something similar. ;)

Great post - thanks for sharing! Where did you find this information and the new brochure and cake photos? I'm not seeing it anywhere online?

Unfortunately, Disney doesn't post this stuff anywhere online, which is super-frustrating. You have to email the CRT Special Events department to get information and a PDF: WDW.CRT.Special.Events@disney.com

Do you know many that cake feeds? We ordered this for next week on my DDs actual bday when we are CRT for dinner. I will post a pic as well as the pic of he Tink cake from Its Tasty Too!

Just returned from WDW today. I had a cake delivered last Sunday to T-Rex in DTD. I used Bunny Boots Bakery, and I couldn't be more pleased. I got a Frozen cake with peanut butter flavored cake and icing. It was delicious! The cake said "Welcome Back Elena! Love Elsa"

It was a 6 inch cake, and I believe it was $72 (included delivery). Ended up costing $82 as I purchased the Elsa figurine that went on top. Bunny Boot Bakery is officially closed on Sundays, but it was still hand delivered to me outside of T-Rex. It was awesome, as my daughter was sooo delighted to receive a cake welcoming her back to WDW from Elsa. I hope this picture works.

And disregard the candle. T-Rex screwed it up, and sang Happy Birthday to my daughter even though the cake was not a birthday cake. Oh well, it was gorgeous and yummy tasting.

ohjyon.jpg

Now that I've had a few days to decompress from WDW - which was amazing here is the info about the cake I ordered for my husband.

Size : 8 inch Fondant covered - Haunted Mansion Theme
Flavor : Red Velvet with cream cheese icing
Price : $85 + tax
Ordered from : Boardwalk Bakery with delivery to Flying Fish Cafe Chef Counter

Let me start by saying photos just don't do this masterpiece justice. My husband had no idea , and I was able to tip off our host/sommelier of the wine dinner easily and he brought it out perfectly.
My husband nearly started crying and we got so many compliments on the cake though the credit goes to the Boardwalk Bakery team ! I regret I forgot to get any photos of it cut/slices but let me assure you it was absolutely amazing.
The best cake hands down since our wedding in Tahoe.

I got the inspiration from image searches but allowed some creativity from the chef too.
It was well worth the price paid and would re-order in a heartrbeat.

f2sbwo.jpg

2ym6jk2.jpg

23rps85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter