Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the Ariel cake from the Royal Highness package at CRT for our December trip. If you only want the cake the price is $80.

Crazy! I am going in December as well and needing to order an Ariel cake, but I have not decided on all the details I want to get for my daughter's 15th birthday. Thinking of having it delivered to our room at Art of Animations on our last day and having it to take home by flight. I know I have to order it from the Y&B Club about a month out or so and they will deliver it. I want it to be unique and look awesome, but I have no idea how to go about it. I guess I'll have to put my trust in them. Hope y'all have a great time this December.

Last edited:
Crazy! I am going in December as well and needing to order an Ariel cake, but I have not decided on all the details I want to get for my daughter's 15th birthday. Thinking of having it delivered to our room at Art of Animations on our last day and having it to take home by flight. I know I have to order it from the Y&B Club about a month out or so and they will deliver it. I want it to be unique and look awesome, but I have no idea how to go about it. I guess I'll have to put my trust in them. Hope y'all have a great time this December.
I'm pretty sure you have to call AoA and they will work with the boardwalk bakery for your cake.

I'm pretty sure you have to call AoA and they will work with the boardwalk bakery for your cake.

Yes, this is from page 1

Art of Animation* 407-938-3686
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting available at food court
  • All other options same as Yacht & Beach Club; place order through Art of Animation at 407-938-3686 for delivery to food court or your room

First, forgive any formatting -- this is my first time posting a photo.

Thanks to all the amazing information on these boards, our quick birthday/MNSSHP trip was a success. We were celebrating my OLDER sister's birthday at the Poly and I wanted a fall themed cake. I spoke with both Pat at GF and Heather at Its Tasty Too and decided to go with Its Tasty Too because (i) they seemed more excited and willing to do the fall theme and (ii) it seemed I was getting more for my money (2 layers vs. 1 layer).

The cake was a spice cake with a caramel apple filling. I sent some photos and they did an AMAZING job. My sister and mom were just thrilled and it really was a highlight of the trip. They delivered for an extra charge which made the total still less than the Disney quote for a single 8 inch.

View attachment 197442

View attachment 197442

That is a beautiful cake! Where did you have it delivered, and did the delivery go smoothly?

This thread is so helpful. There are 9 of us going down and we are going to get a cake for my dad's birthday. I will be calling tonight to see if I can get a fancier cake delivered to Hollywood Brown Derby so I'll have to report back as it doesn't seem anyone else has done this recently. If I cant get what I want there I'll have to pick a second option of where to have the cake.

I emailed the contemporary email for a cake for chef mickey's two days ago. How long should it take to get a reply? Should I call?

That is a beautiful cake! Where did you have it delivered, and did the delivery go smoothly?

I had it delivered to the Poly lobby. We were doing a resort afternoon, so I told them anytime between 1 pm and 5 pm. They gave me a call 5 minutes before they got to the lobby (1:30) and I hopped over from the pool. Very smooth.

I will say it did not fit in the room fridge but we just cranked down the AC and it was completely fine sitting out.

I emailed the contemporary email for a cake for chef mickey's two days ago. How long should it take to get a reply? Should I call?

Usually Chef Brian emails back within 24-48 hours, but he may have a day off. I would email again.

Sadly no more cakes with Constance or the Ghost Host from what I hear. I called today, and they said Legal won't let them use either the Ghost Host or Constance with the the Groom portraits any longer.

Sadly no more cakes with Constance or the Ghost Host from what I hear. I called today, and they said Legal won't let them use either the Ghost Host or Constance with the the Groom portraits any longer.

I'm really not fond of "Legal" :) I wanted eat me written on the plate with a Cheshire cat cake but they said no.

Yes, but that's just the policy of the one pastry team you called. There is no single department that makes cakes at Walt Disney World and issues blanket edicts about what is and isn't allowed. Just because, say, the contact at Grand Floridian Private Dining says they won't do these cakes anymore does not mean that none of the other pastry teams at WDW's numerous other resorts will do one. I've seen Constance Haunted Mansion cakes posted in various Facebook groups that were received just days ago.

Got my DS's cake yesterday. Everyone loved it and it tasted delicious (chocolate with dark chocolate mousse and chocolate buttercream). $113 at Chef Mickey's, we were a party of 7 so I did also have to pay the 18% gratuity on that which was a little annoying (I tried for two days to get ahold of the Contemporary cake line to pay ahead of time to avoid that charge but the didn't answer or return my messages).
I asked for HM purple wallpaper and hitchhiking ghosts and left the rest up to them. Personally, I would have preferred if it didn't have the roses on there (just little boy's birthday the roses seem like an odd choice, in our emails he said gravestones and trees or I would have said no to the roses) but the birthday boy adored it. It was a 6 inch and 5 of us ate it and we had half left.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 249
Got my DS's cake yesterday. Everyone loved it and it tasted delicious (chocolate with dark chocolate mousse and chocolate buttercream). $113 at Chef Mickey's, we were a party of 7 so I did also have to pay the 18% gratuity on that which was a little annoying (I tried for two days to get ahold of the Contemporary cake line to pay ahead of time to avoid that charge but the didn't answer or return my messages).
I asked for HM purple wallpaper and hitchhiking ghosts and left the rest up to them. Personally, I would have preferred if it didn't have the roses on there (just little boy's birthday the roses seem like an odd choice, in our emails he said gravestones and trees or I would have said no to the roses) but the birthday boy adored it. It was a 6 inch and 5 of us ate it and we had half left.

I think there is an 18% gratuity on every cake that is delivered. We have always paid it for a party of 4. You cake looked great!

At restaurants, gratuity is only applied automatically for parties over 6 people and when you use the Tables In Wonderland card. You can always ask a manager to reduce the amount of the auto-gratuity, it just takes a bit of time and can feel pretty awkward.

At restaurants, gratuity is only applied automatically for parties over 6 people and when you use the Tables In Wonderland card. You can always ask a manager to reduce the amount of the auto-gratuity, it just takes a bit of time and can feel pretty awkward.

Do we get a discount for cakes with our TIW card? We are getting a cake delivered during our CRT dinner and at Tea at the GF. I think we always get charged the 18% for our cakes because it has always been a room delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter