Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering... I want to order a cake that looks like the CRT princess cakes, but has Almond cake and Amaretto filling.... We're staying at CR, so we'd be working with that bakery - has anyone had any luck doing a "hybrid" cake like this with the Contemporary Bakery? We LOVE cake, so a mini wouldn't quite do it for us, and it seems like the CRT cakes are a bit bigger.

OK starting to plan. Who is in charge of custom cakes at Be Our Guest? I've never done one at MK but our Boardwalk Bakery experience was great.

Also can they do allergy free cakes (cross contamination is not an issue) or do I need to order from the shop in Disney Springs and if there can they now deliver to the parks?

OK starting to plan. Who is in charge of custom cakes at Be Our Guest? I've never done one at MK but our Boardwalk Bakery experience was great.

See Post #2.

Also can they do allergy free cakes (cross contamination is not an issue) or do I need to order from the shop in Disney Springs and if there can they now deliver to the parks?

See Post #1.

:thumbsup2

Has anyone done a marathon cake? I've looked, but not found anything except a few homemade cakes in my google search. One of us will be having a milestone birthday on marathon day too. I was thinking about using the medal as a theme or maybe having Minnie as a runner. Not sure, would love suggestions!

I haven't done one, but was trying to brainstorm something I could do, probably a mini cake though since it's just two of us, to commemorate running Lumiere's Challenge in November. But I'm not sure if we'd have time to eat it! My best friend, and running buddy, just went through a nasty divorce that should finally be final and it will be my birthday so I just though at cake might be in order and a fun surprise for her! I was thinking about doing something Lumiere themed? I'm not very creative though!

So apparently if I'm not continuously tweaking my plans I'll die.

I'm now considering having a cake delivered to the Contempo Cafe on our first day dinner, but when I checked I didn't see it listed on the first page. Can someone confirm if I just missed it or it's definitely not available for delivery?

So apparently if I'm not continuously tweaking my plans I'll die.

I'm now considering having a cake delivered to the Contempo Cafe on our first day dinner, but when I checked I didn't see it listed on the first page. Can someone confirm if I just missed it or it's definitely not available for delivery?
I don't think you can--Contempo is a quick service/counter service restaurant.

Officially they only deliver to table-service places. You could call and ask - if they won't drop it at Contempo for you, maybe you could pick it up at The Wave.

Mmmmmm. It would have to be dinner, and the menu does hold my interest. Thank you so much for the recommendation! I'm changing my dinner plans mostly because of cake; I'm definitely in the right thread. Lol
If you want a dinner at CR, go to California Grill!! I wanted to get my son the white chocolate monorail for his birthday a few months ago (so needed to be at a CR TS restaurant). I was worried CG would be too "fancy" for us, with 2 kids, but it was AMAZING!!! We all loved it!! And watching Wishes after.....a perfect evening!

Got a call today from cake services for Hollywood studios. Real nice girl, she asked if I was familiar with their choices and I said somewhat but wanted a custom cake, and told her about wanting a mad hatter. She did they don't do that there, just the screen prints and basic cakes. I also mentioned wanting strawberry filling, and she said that wasn't something g they had either. :(
She sent me a blank email for me to send her my description & pics of what I wanted & she will show it to the chef & get me a quote. She said I had to have it to her ASAP tmrw at the latest. ( my ADR is in one week). So order early. I'll let you know what the quote says.

If you want a dinner at CR, go to California Grill!! I wanted to get my son the white chocolate monorail for his birthday a few months ago (so needed to be at a CR TS restaurant). I was worried CG would be too "fancy" for us, with 2 kids, but it was AMAZING!!! We all loved it!! And watching Wishes after.....a perfect evening!

I would love to do CG. We haven't been there since our first ever Disney trip. Sadly with adding Club Villain it's just not doable this trip. Thank you for the recommendation though, I'd almost completely forgotten about CG!

DH and I are taking our 7 and 9 yo girls to WDW for their 1st time in less than 13 days! Our day one, we have appts booked at BBB prior to our CRT dinner reservation. I saw that the kids' dessert options for dinner were fruit, yogurt parfait, or peanut butter s'mores. Was thinking of getting a special dessert for the girls instead- I'm sure the kids' dessert options are fine, though DD1 has a mild peanut allergy and would have to pass on the smores. We technically don't have anything to celebrate (closest birthday would be my DHs in September) aside from it being the girls' first visit. Trying to decide between ordering two separate Cinderella's slipper desserts so each girl gets one, or ordering a Minnie Mouse mini-cake for them to split (DH and I wouldn't need a special dessert since we'd be fine w/the CRT offerings already). Decisions!

Good morning everyone!

I have been following this thread for months for an upcoming September trip. I am starting to work my way through all of the pages to save inspiration pictures I can send when I place my order but figured it was also worth making a post. I know there are Pooh & Friend and Muppets licensing issues but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting "inspired" cakes of these characters? It will be just mom and I and it will be her birthday so I was thinking of surprising her with a mini cake. Of course those two sets of characters are her favorite. I have an image in my head of a mini cake in the character colors (like maybe a two tier with the bottom yellow and the top red for Pooh) but haven't been able to find anyone who actually got anything like this.

They can definitely do a mini cake like you described. My Winnie the Pooh and Muppets-inspired cakes have been a little different.

This is the Fozzie Bear-inspired cake Chef Brian at the Contemporary made us, complete with modeling chocolate hat!

FozzieCake1.jpg

And this cake is a copy of the one Winnie the Pooh is eating at the end of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride:

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

I'm a bit confused on the mini cakes (the ones that serve 1-2 people). Are they able to customize those with a character or not? My daughter loves Tiana and we will be there for her 16th birthday. I'd love to get her a Tiana cake, but we definitely don't need a big one for just the 2 of us.

They could screen print the character on white chocolate and place it next to the mini cake or (if it was really teeny) on top. Or they could do an interpretation of the character, like making the cake two shades of green with scallops for the hem of her dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter