• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called Private Dining for AKL at 407-938-4720, and spoke with Virginia (very nice and helpful). I explained that I wanted to order a cake for an upcoming visit, she asked if I wanted it delivered or would be picking up. When I said delivered, she asked if I had a resort reservation. I gave that to her, and she found my reservation. I am guessing the cake order with private dining will show on the reservation. I then explained what I wanted (see below), and she took the order. After consulting with the restaurant baker/chef she came back with a cost, and asked for my credit card to hold the cake order. Just told them I was looking for a Frozen them for our two daughters on their first WDW visit. Went pretty well.

Order:
8 Inch Chocolate Cake
Dark Chocolate Mousse Filling (they only offered Dark Chocolate Mousse or White Chocolate Mousse, but wife loves dark chocolate so we're good)
Whipped Cream Icing
Frozen Theme - Was first offered the printed charter top, but declined. Sounds like a light blue icing (frozen color) with snow flakes of some sort, and Have a Magical First Visit (or something like that) written on cake. Sounds good to me.
Quote was $55 (cake, delivery, misc, and tax)

Will take pictures and share results afterwards.

Thanks again.
I'll be anxious to see how it turns out! I'm thinking of doing something similar for our anniversary trip (except for the Frozen theme :)) Have a wonderful trip!!

Can someone tell me how big the mini cakes actually are? All I've seen so far is that they feed 2...we like cake so our serving size is generally bigger than a "normal serving" My boys both have September birthdays that we want to celebrate while we are there but one will be 3 and the other 16 so one theme won't really work =)
My family of 4 has done a mini twice and it's been plenty for us. No leftovers though! :)

Hi! My DH is celebrating his 40th while at WDW in June and I was wondering do you think they can make a cake with billard sticks and balls with a Grumpy on top as well? There are only four of us so I am not sure what size to request and we are at Fort Wilderness so I am not sure if it will be possible?

Hi! My DH is celebrating his 40th while at WDW in June and I was wondering do you think they can make a cake with billard sticks and balls with a Grumpy on top as well? There are only four of us so I am not sure what size to request and we are at Fort Wilderness so I am not sure if it will be possible?

To get a fancy cake at Fort Wilderness, you need to call the Contemporary Resort's Cake Hotline (see post #2). That design definitely sounds doable, but they will probably make you do it on an 8-inch cake, which is WAY more cake than 4 people can eat. But then you'll have a whole lotta leftovers for breakfast!

Thank you! We will be putting the full size fridge to good use all week and I would be more than happy to help with the leftovers!!!!

Is there a post somewhere (I think I saw it but I can't find it) that has a photo of the 3D choc. figures? Where can they be ordered from, I want to have it painted...
Also to get them painted, from peoples experience, is there one place where they tend to turn out better than others?

Can someone tell me how big the mini cakes actually are? All I've seen so far is that they feed 2...we like cake so our serving size is generally bigger than a "normal serving" My boys both have September birthdays that we want to celebrate while we are there but one will be 3 and the other 16 so one theme won't really work =)

I like cake. No that's actually a drastic understatement. I LOVE cake. And for me it's no more than 2 servings. I ordered a gluten free 2 tier mini for our anniversary alongside a birthday cake for my MIL. I was the only one to eat the mini. I probably at more than half after dinnner and took the rest back and ate it for breakfast the next day. I know people have shared it amongst 3-4 people but that would never be enough for me.

ETA: Somewhere I recall a picture of one of the 2 tier mini cakes next to those little cartons of milk for a size comparison. Not sure where it is but I did find this one that has a wine bottle next to the plate. Let me see if I can post it.

Is there a post somewhere (I think I saw it but I can't find it) that has a photo of the 3D choc. figures? Where can they be ordered from, I want to have it painted...
Also to get them painted, from peoples experience, is there one place where they tend to turn out better than others?

I have an album of photos of white chocolate characters in different states of painting here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lurkyloo/albums/72157648568086785

They can be ordered for any resort or park that is serviced by a Deluxe resort (see post #2). Quality really depends on the artist doing the painting. I guess the ones at the Grand Floridian probably have the most practice, but I've seen great-looking figures painted by CMs at other Deluxe resorts.

Pictures of the wife's cake, delivered to Sanaa on Tuesday. AKL private dining did great!!

View attachment 164952 View attachment 164953

Gotta say, we all agreed this is one of the best cakes we've ever had.

Surprisingly, it also survived the 1,500 mile flight home today! The three of us had only finished half of it and couldn't bear leaving the rest behind so we chanced bring it home on the flight. Worked out!

Gotta say, we all agreed this is one of the best cakes we've ever had.

Surprisingly, it also survived the 1,500 mile flight home today! The three of us had only finished half of it and couldn't bear leaving the rest behind so we chanced bring it home on the flight. Worked out!

I'm not sure if I missed it, but how much was this cake? If you don't mind me asking :)?

Okay here is the pic of the mini next to a bottle of wine.View attachment 165175

Thank you for that, I've been looking at getting a mini cake for our trip next year (planning ahead) and wondered the size too. I can see from the photo the size as such but would you say it's roughly the size of a can of soda width and height wise as I think that's the image I have in my head at the moment?

Hi,
I'm hoping to order a cake for mine and my partners 10th anniversary when we go next year but as we live in the UK, is there absolutely no email address or Freephone number as I'm worried using the ones provided on the first page will cost me a fortune in international calls.
Thank you

Hi,
I'm hoping to order a cake for mine and my partners 10th anniversary when we go next year but as we live in the UK, is there absolutely no email address or Freephone number as I'm worried using the ones provided on the first page will cost me a fortune in international calls.
Thank you

There is an email if you order from the Contemporary team. BUT .... I went the email route and had to call anyway to order. It was a short and easy process (we are in Europe/Austria) as well. Cost a few cents. If you are so concerned, what about using Skype?

Hi everyone! I'm so glad this thread is here! We are headed home to WDW in about 12 days, and my husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary while we are there. We are doing a dinner the night of our anniversary at the California Grill, and I'd really like to get a cake for us as a surprise. I had a few questions :

How far in advance should I call?
Is emailing them easier than leaving a message?
I found a picture of my wedding cake - can they replicate it somehow onto a mini cake?
I'm assuming it'll automatically show up to our table for dessert - will our server say something, or is there a way to completely keep it a surprise from my husband until dessert time?
Is there anyway to take leftovers with us?

Thank you!

Thank you for that, I've been looking at getting a mini cake for our trip next year (planning ahead) and wondered the size too. I can see from the photo the size as such but would you say it's roughly the size of a can of soda width and height wise as I think that's the image I have in my head at the moment?

The top is probably about that width the bottom layer a little wider. If you look at the cut versions it's also mostly frosting from the way they layer it. Which is ideal for some people (like me) but others may prefer more cake.

Hi,
Thank you

It depends on where you are ordering. There is an email for cakes that you plan to have served at Magic Kingdom restaurants and you can do the entire process by email. But for others you will need to at least call to place the order even if you can communicate with the bakery by email (like with the Contemporary). I believe these emails are on the first page of this thread.

There is an email if you order from the Contemporary team. BUT .... I went the email route and had to call anyway to order. It was a short and easy process (we are in Europe/Austria) as well. Cost a few cents. If you are so concerned, what about using Skype?
I never even thought about doing it through Skype, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter