Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I didn't even ask for their email because I was annoyed lol! I'll call back at another time and see if I can get another CM. Thanks for the help! :)

I worked with Y&BC Fine Dining for my Christmas cake and thought they were wonderful. After the initial phone call, they gave me an email address to send images for quoting (I sent three different cakes and ended up going with an image that they sent back to me).

Try this email address: WDW.DL-YB.FB.PD.Coordinators@disney.com

And do me a favor and keep my screen name out of the conservation! I don't want them to get upset with me before I have them make my next cake! :rolleyes1

If Nabile answers the phone, she was fantastic and got the email chain rolling! From my old emails, she is off Tuesday & Wednesday.

I worked with Y&BC Fine Dining for my Christmas cake and thought they were wonderful. After the initial phone call, they gave me an email address to send images for quoting (I sent three different cakes and ended up going with an image that they sent back to me).

And do me a favor and keep my screen name out of the conservation! I don't want them to get upset with me before I have them make my next cake! :rolleyes1

If Nabile answers the phone, she was fantastic and got the email chain rolling! From my old emails, she is off Tuesday & Wednesday.

Thank you so much! Don't worry, I won't mention your screen name. :)

This might sound silly, but are those phone numbers generally answered nights and weekends? I can make time for a call at work, but after dinner is my Disney time :earsgirl:

Also, our trip is just over 3 months out. I'm going to be ordering 2 cakes, one from Epcot and one from Boardwalk. Is this too soon to get started?

i am trying to get a cars themed mini cake at chef mickey. i was told they can only do a basic mini cake with blue icing and a 2d image beside it. i have seen some fancier mini cakes- did i ask the wrong person?

Next question- does chef Brian still work at the contemporary, and how do I get a hold of him specifically?

This might sound silly, but are those phone numbers generally answered nights and weekends? I can make time for a call at work, but after dinner is my Disney time :earsgirl:

Also, our trip is just over 3 months out. I'm going to be ordering 2 cakes, one from Epcot and one from Boardwalk. Is this too soon to get started?

I've definitely reached someone on the weekend, but not sure about Sundays. Nights, no. And no it's not too soon. I have ordered 3 months out before.

Next question- does chef Brian still work at the contemporary, and how do I get a hold of him specifically?

They only publicly put out the bakery email and when we have corresponded it's the bakery email that it has come from. As far as I know he is still there. Pretty sure if he wasn't it would have come up here.

Is it possible to request a specific cake artist? I'm planning a birthday cake for my mother to be delivered at the Polynesian O'Hana restaurant, and it seems Pat at the GF designs exactly what I'm looking for.

She is not a pastry chef; she is the coordinator at Private Dining who takes cake orders. The Grand Floridian has a team of fantastic pastry chefs who make the cakes.

ok next question, if I am emailing to order a custom cake for a lunch at The Plaza, do i email magickingdomcakes or thecontemporary?

You're supposed to start with Magic Kingdom Cakes and then they liaise with the Contemporary pastry team on your order.

I've looked through and haven't seen a cake ( other than wedding cakes) with fresh flowers. Is this possible? TIA

I contacted Y&BC Fine Dining exactly 2 months prior to my date (but it was because I was too antsy). That happened on a Friday and the conservation to finalize the design and price occurred on a Sunday morning...

She is not a pastry chef; she is the coordinator at Private Dining who takes cake orders. The Grand Floridian has a team of fantastic pastry chefs who make the cakes.

You're supposed to start with Magic Kingdom Cakes and then they liaise with the Contemporary pastry team on your order.

Thanks, went through magic kingdom cakes today to place my order, pretty easy to do with a couple of emails back and forth this afternoon, and I had immediate response every time!! Went with a 6 inch and was quoted $38!! Can't wait to see it, and taste it :)

Some questions....

Where is your cruise departing from, the Grand Floridian? So I take it you called GF Private DIning? They are notorious for stonewalling folks who want special flavors, even though the GF pastry team can actually make any flavor you can dream up. The Private Dining folks like to tell callers that the pastry team only makes special flavors for wedding cakes, but I've spoken with actual GF pastry chefs on multiple occasions and been told there is no problem with making special flavors for non-wedding cakes. Unfortunately, you have to place your order through Private Dining and can't go directly to the pastry team. So if you can't cajole PD into requesting a special flavor from the pastry team (which some DISers have been able to do) you're stuck. It's super frustrating...

We're departing from the Polynesian and when I called the Polynesian they told me to call the Grand Floridian and actually gave me the number for the cake hotline and left a message and then someone at the Grand Floridian called me back. It was a little confusing and I have a post-it covered in different phone numbers I was told to call at different times lol it started to get a little confusing...

Where did you have the cake delivered? The recipes are the same across property, so if you didn't like the buttercream there, you won't like it elsewhere. But I can tell you where to go for a greater chance of getting the design you requested.

He had the cake delivered at Be Our Guest. I don't know all the details and I liked the cake, from what he told me, the conversation and what he had agreed upon was not what came out so he was a bit upset. I figured about the buttercream and that's why I was hoping to get a different flavor but sounding like that might not be possible :/ maybe I'll get lucky, fingers crossed! Here's a picture of the cake I got for my birthday 11831681_10207692452608887_5312918594437920320_n.jpg

I've looked through and haven't seen a cake ( other than wedding cakes) with fresh flowers. Is this possible? TIA

Yes, but you have to order those through the Disney Florist, unless you find that Private Dining is willing to liaise with them for you.

He had the cake delivered at Be Our Guest. I don't know all the details and I liked the cake, from what he told me, the conversation and what he had agreed upon was not what came out so he was a bit upset. I figured about the buttercream and that's why I was hoping to get a different flavor but sounding like that might not be possible :/ maybe I'll get lucky, fingers crossed! Here's a picture of the cake I got for my birthday View attachment 149601

OK, so your cake was made by the Contemporary. I dunno... if you're really set on the flavor and GF says no, it might be worth catching the cruise at the Contemporary instead and ordering the cake through them. Just make sure you work with Chef Brian this time, and send photos that illustrate what you want so there can be no miscommunication.

I wanted to share our cake with you.
We had this delivered to BOG. I dealt strictly through email and it was easy.
I originally had this cake ordered through the GF but was very unhappy with what I was offered.

This was a mini cake with vanilla cake and white chocolate mousse. it was $50.
It was so celebrate my mom's recent retirement from teaching.
I can't say it was the most delicious cake I have ever had but it was darn cute and I was very happy with it.
My mom was really surprised and touched by the whole thing.

I wanted to share our cake with you.
We had this delivered to BOG. I dealt strictly through email and it was easy.
I originally had this cake ordered through the GF but was very unhappy with what I was offered.

This was a mini cake with vanilla cake and white chocolate mousse. it was $50.
It was so celebrate my mom's recent retirement from teaching.
I can't say it was the most delicious cake I have ever had but it was darn cute and I was very happy with it.
My mom was really surprised and touched by the whole thing.

Very cute!

Please would you post a picture of your Christmas cake. We are staying at Y&BC next Christmas and I'm looking for christmas cake inspiration.

Thank you

Please would you post a picture of your Christmas cake. We are staying at Y&BC next Christmas and I'm looking for christmas cake inspiration.

Thank you

See page 153 of this thread!! Let me know if you have any questions... :thumbsup2

Just to clarify, when we check in for our meal at Whispering Canyon Café, I simply need to tell them at the podium that I would like a simple chocolate birthday cake w/ candles and they will bring it to our table at the end of the meal? $23? *If so, that is awesome* THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter