Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me some information about the Mickey's Delight design?

I don't particularly want fondant. If we had married in one of our home countries (UK or Australia) I would have picked just buttercream in whatever design I selected.

But for our Escape Wedding I want the Mickey's delight and looking at the design I wonder if it is created through fondant.

Anyway...just wondering if it can be achieved with just buttercream or if there will definitely be fondant?

Thanks

As @mexi said, they have to use fondant in order to have something to stamp. But all fondant cakes have buttercream under the fondant in order to adhere it to the cake. And many people who hate fondant report loving Disney's, which has sort of a marshmallow-y thing going on....

As @mexi said, they have to use fondant in order to have something to stamp. But all fondant cakes have buttercream under the fondant in order to adhere it to the cake. And many people who hate fondant report loving Disney's, which has sort of a marshmallow-y thing going on....
Thank you both of you.

I'm sure if will be lovely. It's the design I love. My mate here had a stunning cake that had fondant that tbh wasn't too bad. I've recommended that maker to my brother as it was beautiful to eat as well as look. So I'm sure this Disney made fondant will be much better than "average" too.

Getting more excited now :-) I was pretty happy knowing they place the buttercream under but this is reassuring. Happy times ahead!

Inching closer! Can't wait to see our cake! Hope it is a surprise until the reveal. Should I call to confirm early next week? Don't want to be a pest, but I did order it months ago.

We loved our Boardwalk Bakery birthday cake! Chocolate cake with strawberry mousse filling, white chocolate ganache over buttercream, so delish. Hard to see in the pic but there was sparkly edible glitter on the ganache. We brought it to Chefs De France and gave it directly to our waiter. The waiters sang "Bon Anniversaire", and our waiter served it beautifully. DH grumbled a bit at the price ($70 total with the white chocolate Minnie which was $30) but it was totally worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 228

Just got back from our trip! It was my sister's graduation trip and my husband and I's anniversary fell in the trip dates so lots of cakes were ordered! The first picture is a Jolly Holiday mini cake ordered with Pop Century. It was vanilla cake with white chocolate layers. The cast member I talked to was very helpful and the ordering process was easy. We arranged for it to be delivered to our room at 9 pm after we got back from Disney Springs. Well when we got back it wasn't there! I got nervous and went down to the cafeteria to ask a cast member. A manager came out and explained that the ticket didn't say if the cake was to be delivered or picked up. He apologized multiple times and I told him it was fine. I was just glad it was here! My husband was still surprised and love it so everything worked out! It cost $35 and was charged to my credit card before the trip.

I ordered a white chocolate slipper for our dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. It was super easy to order. I sent an email to the address that's on the first page of the post. I told them i wanted a white chocolate slipper with Happy Anniversary on the plate and my reservation date, time, and reservation number. They wrote back a couple days later confirming the order. It was $12.50 and charged to the dinner bill. It was so tasty and they kept it a surprise!

I ordered my sister's cake for my mom with Pat at the Grand Flordian. We played phone tag for awhile, but finally got together. Ariel is my sister's favorite princess so I sent Pat the picture of the Ariel cake you can order with the Princess package at Cinderella's Royal Table. I asked for buttercream instead of fondant, 6 inch one tier, same shells and flowers with a budget of $60. Pat said that she didn't have the white chocolate print of Ariel in her blue dress but did have her in her pink dress. She also said that for $60 that would only get us a couple flowers and shells but for an extra $30 she could put a lot more. I told her a couple would be fine. We had it at 1900 Park Fare dinner and the waiter kept it a surprise. He was super discreet and my sister was so surprised. She loved it! It was vanilla cake with vanilla like pudding layer. It was very good!

I also ordered her a white chocolate slipper for our 1900 Park Fare breakfast the next day. I ordered it while I was on the phone with Pat for the cake. When we finished eating I pulled the waitress aside and asked for it to be brought it. It was $15 and added to my bill. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I wanted to let y'all know about another option at CRT for cakes. I emailed about getting the Her Royal Highness Anna and Elsa cake for my husband's birthday, and the cast member who replied wanted to let me know about another option, as well. Her email said:

"We also offer a Prince cake that is similar to the cakes offered in the Her Royal Highness package. This is available in either vanilla or chocolate and can be personalized with one of the following phrases “Happy Birthday Prince”, “Happy Birthday (insert Prince’s name), “Prince (insert Prince’s name). This cake costs $80.00 plus tax and gratuity. I have attached a picture."

I'm still ordering the Anna and Elsa cake, but thought I'd post this here in case anyone is interested in this option.

Attachments

• prince.jpg
    prince.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 293
Would emailing be safe enough or should we call? :surfweb:

I always call. The email goes to the pastry chefs, but you need to be sure Private Dining (the ones who actually deliver the cake) knows about it. So I call Private Dining to check.

I wanted to let y'all know about another option at CRT for cakes. I emailed about getting the Her Royal Highness Anna and Elsa cake for my husband's birthday, and the cast member who replied wanted to let me know about another option, as well. Her email said:

"We also offer a Prince cake that is similar to the cakes offered in the Her Royal Highness package. This is available in either vanilla or chocolate and can be personalized with one of the following phrases “Happy Birthday Prince”, “Happy Birthday (insert Prince’s name), “Prince (insert Prince’s name). This cake costs $80.00 plus tax and gratuity. I have attached a picture."

I'm still ordering the Anna and Elsa cake, but thought I'd post this here in case anyone is interested in this option.

Thanks for sharing this info and the picture!

It may be possible to get a fancy, fondant-covered cake by calling the Brown Derby's Group Reservations line at 407-560-5377.

Has anyone had luck ordering a fancy, fondant cake for Mama Melrose?

Here is the cake that I ordered from Yacht & Beach Club Fine Dining. It was delivered to our room, per discussion with the CMs, while we were out at Epcot. We returned from Illuminations to find this beautiful presentation which is more than I expected (especially since all I asked for was “setup for two”). Cake was $68 but increased to almost $85 with gratuity, delivery charge, and tax.

It was a 6-inch two-layer chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream between the layers and vanilla buttercream under the fondant. Cake was raised up by a wire cage under the linens. Everything on the table, including the Mickey candy sprinkles, was part of the setup. Cake was moist and delicious but DH & I discovered that we are not fondant fans so we just peeled it away.

Note: We stayed at Beach Club Villas and when I wanted the linens, dishes, cutlery, wire cage, and delivery tray to be removed, the request had to be made by calling Fine Dining. Mousekeeping does not pick these items up.

I wouldn’t hesitate to order another cake from YC/BC Fine Dining and am already working on ideas for next year’s September trip (but without fondant)!

WDW & FLL November 2015 026.JPG

I've been looking through various pictures from the various threads of this topic and trying to work out what to do for my fiancé.

His birthday is 3 days after our wedding. He's not a big sweet tooth as it is...he's more savoury...so he'll be a bit over cakes by then. His favourite Dessert is Lemon sorbet...

But I was wondering can you just order the white chocolate monorail that's been used as a topper to some 10 inch cakes?
I know he'd love that. He LOVES the monorail. But I so don't want to order a cake. As it is we will be eating our wedding cake for a few days.

Otherwise I'm thinking the Choc covered Strawberries that I've seen although I don't know prices.

We'll be dining at Artists Point for his Birthday Dinner.

Cheers

I know he'd love that. He LOVES the monorail. But I so don't want to order a cake. As it is we will be eating our wedding cake for a few days.

Yes! The white chocolate monorail is available from the Contemporary Resort's Private Dining. They make the fancy cakes for Wilderness Lodge, so it is highly likely you can get the monorail at Artist Point. Call Contemporary Private Dining at the number in Post #2.

Hi everyone! We're heading to visit the Mouse in January and we'll be celebrating my husband's 40th birthday while we're there. I really wanted to surprise him with a fantastic cake. I'm struggling to figure out how to make this happen. The contact I got calling the hotline has only offered a standard cake, like I can get at a grocery store at home. I want something AMAZING and magical to surprise him with! Hubby has chosen Chefs de France for his birthday dinner and we have reservations there. From reading this it seems as though I'm going to need to order something somewhere and have it delivered? I can't read all 150 pgs of this thread, though I've read about 10 pgs so I'm getting a general picture :) Can anyone short cut for me and tell me who to call to have a cake designed and delivered to Epcot?

Thank you!!!

Yes, they were not helpful....they only offer a screen printed 6" or 10" cake. Nothing fancy. I can get that at a grocery store at home :/

^^This. Chefs de France is run by an outside vendor that only offers those basic supermarket cakes. The Epcot pastry team does not deliver cakes to Chefs de France. It's much more convenient to have the cake delivered to your Disney resort room, and then you can get something as fancy as you want. Otherwise, you'll need to order it through BoardWalk Bakery and pick it up on your way into Epcot.

Just wanted to second the idea of resort room delivery. Before we did that, I thought room delivery would be less festive than restaurant delivery. But we ordered a cake for delivery to the room in August, and now I prefer it that way. No concerns about whether it shows up at the right restaurant at the right time, or that someone stamps a ticket with a big red "CAKE" and interferes with the surprise, no pressure to eat it right away after finishing dinner, no need to transport the leftovers. At least in our experience, I was able to set the time for room delivery so that it was in our room waiting when we returned from the parks. Nice to sit out on the balcony with a small piece of cake when each of us is ready for it, and then so easy to store the leftovers. (Cake for breakfast is becoming a new Disney tradition!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter