Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lurkyloo! That's good info to have about not calling BW directly. And it is so odd that AoA and Pop can deliver cakes to the room...but perhaps not the mods. Oh well. Thanks for all the help you give everyone on here! I'm thinking now of skipping on dealing with POR/BW and just having one at one of our meals. Maybe a mini cake at Garden Grill, or CRT..

I know this is all about cakes, but can someone tell me if it's possible to order cast member name tag cookies.
I've seen images of them, but can't figure out if they're available. Would love to have them as favors for a Disney Wedding.
Any info would be appreciated.

You can arrange edible favors like these through your Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings floral planner.

Hi

has anyone had any experience of ordering a cake at The Boathouse in DS?

Thanks

The Boathouse doesn't make cakes. They tell people to order from Erin McKenna's at Downtown Disney and pick up. You may also want to work with a local wedding cake baker who delivers to Disney property, like It's Tasty Too or Party Flavors.

This is from a year ago but here is a cake we got for for my mom's birthday from her 9 grandkids on our extended family trip. My mom's first movie she ever saw was Snow White and it's been her favorite ever since. She also likes to garden so I told them I wanted lots of sugar flowers and I wanted it to look like snow white was standing in a garden. I was very pleased. I believe they quoted me $80.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 292
Thanks, I emailed back asking if any embellishments could be added with the frosting like stars and they replied they could add dots to mimic stars. They said it would be another $30 for say a fire extinguisher like in one scene. I wish I could just order something similar to one of the designs posted but my son really loves Wall-E so I think we are going to just go with the $67 version and see how it turns out. I really don't want to pay $30 more for a fire extinguisher lol.

This sounds similar to a quote I received for a 6 inch gluten free cake from Pop. I wanted a haunted mansion theme and its $63 plus tax for a cake with plain buttercream frosting with a 2d white chocolate topper with the hitchhiking ghosts. The lady I talked to said she would ask them to add some flowers to the top so it wouldn't be so plain. It seems like others are getting far more for the same price but I guess we are paying the premium for gluten free.

I love this thread. Thanks for all of the great information. I just ordered an anniversary cake to be delivered to dinner at BOG on 8/29. I requested an Up themed cake and emailed the following specifics:
  • a 6-8 inch chocolate cake with cannoli cream filling
  • sky blue butter cream frosting (fondant is okay is necessary but I’d prefer no fondant)
  • A bouquet of balloon cascading down a side of the cake with a few mickey shaped balloons, please
  • A 2d image of Carl & Ellie on the blanket in the grass [I gave them a picture that I preferred].
  • A white chocolate scroll with “You are my greatest adventure” written on it.
  • The chef is free to take any other creative liberties with the cake.
  • I’d like to keep the total cost under $100 dollars.
They came back at $100 for a 8 inch with no fondant or $83 for a 6 inch with no fondant. It will be me my DH and our 3 kids and they definitely would not object to leftovers so I went with the 8 inch. I'll post pictures after we get it.

I called Dorothy from Caribbean Beach today to order my birthday and was slightly disappointed - maybe I should have called BW Bakery directly since we wanted it delivered to Flying Fish? But we'll just have it sent to the room since we are staying at CBR. Saves us from having to carry it around the Boardwalk that night!

I wanted a 6" gluten free vanilla cake with pink and purple flowers, Minnie swirl heads, and a 2D edible image of Minnie standing up. Dorothy said that they could only do a 2D image on an 8" cake (which i've seen 6" cakes on here with them) so that would raise the price to $40 for just the 8" cake then an additional amount (didn't specify) for the 2D image. Since we are just a group of 3 and both my parents will probably only eat 1 slice (since i'm the only gluten free person) I figured 8" would be way too much with us also having the dining plan and going to a few gluten free cupcake bakeries there in Orlando just for me (we have none around us here).

So I basically just ordered a 6" gluten free vanilla cake with plain Minnie swirl heads & flowers (requested in pink & purple) with "Happy Birthday Ashton" written. I'm sure that'll be on the plate/ platter since it's only a 6" cake. She quoted $23. I hope it isn't a frozen cake like a podium cake - anyone know?

Anyways, Dorothy was very nice and I am very happy to have it done! I may buy some little Minnie Mouse cupcake picks on Etsy to stick on there too.

This sounds similar to a quote I received for a 6 inch gluten free cake from Pop. I wanted a haunted mansion theme and its $63 plus tax for a cake with plain buttercream frosting with a 2d white chocolate topper with the hitchhiking ghosts. The lady I talked to said she would ask them to add some flowers to the top so it wouldn't be so plain. It seems like others are getting far more for the same price but I guess we are paying the premium for gluten free.

I thought the cake base price is supposed to be $23 plus I think an $8 charge for gluten free. The 2D image is $30 so at least the $63 is closer to what I thought it might cost. I'm ok with the cost but I just hope it's not a plain buttercream cake with a 2D image placed on top. It seems crazy to me for a $30 fire extinguisher lol. Although perhaps if they gave more detail but their answers were very short so I wasn't really sure if it was going to be out of buttercream, fondant or what?? And I was running out of time to email back and forth so I ordered it hoping for the best. No matter what my son will love it, but I probably won't order a cake again depending on how it turns out.

I thought the cake base price is supposed to be $23 plus I think an $8 charge for gluten free. The 2D image is $30 so at least the $63 is closer to what I thought it might cost. I'm ok with the cost but I just hope it's not a plain buttercream cake with a 2D image placed on top. It seems crazy to me for a $30 fire extinguisher lol. Although perhaps if they gave more detail but their answers were very short so I wasn't really sure if it was going to be out of buttercream, fondant or what?? And I was running out of time to email back and forth so I ordered it hoping for the best. No matter what my son will love it, but I probably won't order a cake again depending on how it turns out.

I emailed the person I have been working with today asking why some people on here seem to be getting fancier cakes for the same price. She told me the gluten free cake is $33 plus $30 for the topper. She said she would ask them to add purple frosting to the bottom so it's not just all white. She said fondant would be $12 more. It seems like there are different prices all over the place. I also had to pay as soon as I ordered it and I thought I would pay when I picked it up.

It's funny because Dislover1991 is getting a 6" gluten free cake for $23! It definitely seems like prices are all over. Also, we are getting our cake delivered to BOG for our son's dinner and they told me that we pay there.

It's funny because Dislover1991 is getting a 6" gluten free cake for $23! It definitely seems like prices are all over. Also, we are getting our cake delivered to BOG for our son's dinner and they told me that we pay there.
That's what she quoted me before I mentioned gluten free- she never gave me a quote after that so it may be $10 more or so for gluten free. Plus it wasn't a "custom cake" it's just standard celebration cake, so I'm hoping it doesn't end up being like a podium cake.

I'd ask for a breakdown of each component of the cake!

That's what she quoted me before I mentioned gluten free- she never gave me a quote after that so it may be $10 more or so for gluten free. Plus it wasn't a "custom cake" it's just standard celebration cake, so I'm hoping it doesn't end up being like a podium cake.

I'd ask for a breakdown of each component of the cake!

Oh ok, I thought that would be a really good deal for a gluten free cake! I'm only getting a basic cake with 2D topper, so my gluten free cake with buttercream frosting is $37 because they told me the 2D topper was $30. It was taking a day to get a response and we are going in a little over a week, so I just wanted to get the cake ordered. Plus I always worry about how things will turn out if I complain about a few bucks.

I got quoted $99 for a 6" red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and with haunted mansion wallpaper around the cake and 2D image of hitchiking ghosts so I am going to call and order it next week. I know it is too much cake for the two of us but we leave 2 days after so I will just bring tupperware to take it home :)

Oh ok, I thought that would be a really good deal for a gluten free cake! I'm only getting a basic cake with 2D topper, so my gluten free cake with buttercream frosting is $37 because they told me the 2D topper was $30. It was taking a day to get a response and we are going in a little over a week, so I just wanted to get the cake ordered. Plus I always worry about how things will turn out if I complain about a few bucks.
Really? Is that for a 6" cake? They told me I couldn't do a 2D image on an6", it had to be an 8" :(

I spoke with Pat at GF bakery today. Everyone raved about her, but I felt rushed. I'm worried that this will be a podium cake. What do you think?

6" white cake
Strawberry mousse filling
White buttercream icing (no fondant)
Red dots
White chocolate Mickey & Minnie on top

$38. Delivered to O'Hara for dinner to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with DD16 & DD6.

Please tell me it will be fine. I asked for the little chocolate set of ears on top, but the price was crazy high. I can't recall...but it wasn't worth it and she suggested the white chocolate statue instead.

Really? Is that for a 6" cake? They told me I couldn't do a 2D image on an6", it had to be an 8" :(

Yes, $67 was the quote for a 6" (not 8") gluten free cake, buttercream frosting (blue), and 2D image of Wall-E and Eve. Maybe the 6" will only support a certain size 2D image but I assume Minnie wouldn't be that large? The only thing I can say about it being a podium cake would be if you could ask for it to have a certain color frosting than what is typically on it. Then I wouldn't think it could be the podium cake.

Yes, $67 was the quote for a 6" (not 8") gluten free cake, buttercream frosting (blue), and 2D image of Wall-E and Eve. Maybe the 6" will only support a certain size 2D image but I assume Minnie wouldn't be that large? The only thing I can say about it being a podium cake would be if you could ask for it to have a certain color frosting than what is typically on it. Then I wouldn't think it could be the podium cake.
I asked for pink and purple flowers and Mickey swirl heads so hopefully you're right :thumbsup2

I spoke with Pat at GF bakery today. Everyone raved about her, but I felt rushed. I'm worried that this will be a podium cake. What do you think?

6" white cake
Strawberry mousse filling
White buttercream icing (no fondant)
Red dots
White chocolate Mickey & Minnie on top

$38. Delivered to O'Hara for dinner to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with DD16 & DD6.

Please tell me it will be fine. I asked for the little chocolate set of ears on top, but the price was crazy high. I can't recall...but it wasn't worth it and she suggested the white chocolate statue instead.
I have the same concern about mine- $23 for a 6" gluten free cake sounds EXTREMELY cheap to me (what I ordered). But I'd say with a strawberry mousse filling, it probably won't be a podium cake...that sounds more custom to me.

I'm wondering why I was told they couldn't do a 2D edible image on a 6" when so many people on here are receiving a 2D and 3D image on a 6"! Maybe she thought I meant an edible screen print image? Oh well, it's ordered now so I'll just see what I get lol.

I have the same concern about mine- $23 for a 6" gluten free cake sounds EXTREMELY cheap to me (what I ordered). But I'd say with a strawberry mousse filling, it probably won't be a podium cake...that sounds more custom to me.

I'm wondering why I was told they couldn't do a 2D edible image on a 6" when so many people on here are receiving a 2D and 3D image on a 6"! Maybe she thought I meant an edible screen print image? Oh well, it's ordered now so I'll just see what I get lol.

Maybe you should call back and ask to review the order. Say you couldn't recall one of the details and have your questions ready. I'm kind of considering doing that too.

Hello Everyone! I think I did my due diligence, but I apologize if I missed the answer to this question. I don't see Shades of Green Resort listed in the locations on the first page. I'm fairly certain they don't have a chef on site, so does the location not being included just mean that I can't call them to order a cake, which I kind of figured, or does it mean that I can't have a cake delivered there? I know Disney Floral & Gifts will deliver there so I could go that way, but I'm thinking we'd prefer and it'd be cheaper to just order a mini cake. Any information would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter