Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a delivery charge to a room at Caribbean Beach (I read I can put the order through Shutters and they will order the cake from the Boardwalk Inn which can be delivered to your room)?

A 10-inch cake is WAY too big for 2 adults and 2 kids. You would have leftovers with even a 6-inch cake if it's a fancy fondant-covered kind like you get at the Deluxe resorts. I'd at least switch to an 8-inch, but you really don't need more than a 6-inch. And only a 6-inch is going to fit in the mini fridge. I definitely recommend refrigerating the leftovers. I usually bring Tupperware to put them in, since those fit better in mini fridges than the cake box and will keep the cake fresher. Buttercream-filled cakes taste better longer than mousse-filled cakes (and the mousse ones definitely require refrigeration, whereas you can get away with leaving buttercream-filled cakes out).

thank you!! his is exactly the info I needed!. they quoted us 156$ for a 10 inch haunted mansion cake, do you know what I would be booking at for an 8 inch?

Is there a delivery charge to a room at Caribbean Beach (I read I can put the order through Shutters and they will order the cake from the Boardwalk Inn which can be delivered to your room)?

There is no delivery charge. At the Values and Moderates, whether or not they will deliver the cake to your room is up to the generosity of the cast member you're dealing with, since there's no Private Dining to do it. But I've never had trouble getting one delivered at a Value, so hopefully you won't at CBR!

thank you!! his is exactly the info I needed!. they quoted us 156$ for a 10 inch haunted mansion cake, do you know what I would be booking at for an 8 inch?

Size-wise, the price difference is only about $15, but since they will have less surface area to create decorations for, maybe the price will go down more. Only the pastry team can say for sure, I'm afraid!

Very excited!!! After nearly 2 weeks of going back and forth with the people at YC/BC and getting nowhere, I switched my ADR from Cape May to 1900 PF and decided to work with the GF. Left a a msg for Pat on Wednesday, heard from her yesterday evening, and the order is in. :) We're getting a 6" chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries + chocolate buttercream. The cake will be Cheshire Cat striped and have an 2D edible stand up of him on top. Quoted $71 because of the fresh fruit filling. I'm so pleased that this was such a quick and pleasant experience, but I'm still scratching my head over what went on with YC/BC.

I'll spare you guys the novel of what happened, but apparently they need a lot more time than the other bakeries. I called a little over 3 weeks out to place my order and it was just a mess. I was told they may be able to get images not currently in their character gallery...but it's a minimum of 30 days to try and get approval (I wasn't even asking them to do this), the topper piece I wanted sculpted for the cake (a Donald hat) would take a minimum of 2 weeks just to get a quote (told them to scrap that part), after nearly 2 weeks and they hadn't been able to answer on whether they could use just part of an image in their approved gallery, and I don't know really how long the rest of the custom cake quote process is supposed to take because I gave up! We were approaching the 1 week mark and my gut feeling was that this wasn't going to turn out well.

So, that was frustrating, but we're good now and can't wait to see our cake. I think Pat got a laugh when I clarified that this was for me and not a child. LOL :D

Anyone know how I can contact AKL regarding a cake via email? Calling is difficult due to being in the UK.

This is a great thread I LOVE all the photo's of the cakes they are so beautiful.

I am currently in the process of ordering a cake from the Contemporary Resort for our dinner reservation at Chef Mickey on our trip. We are going on a Make a Wish trip and will be there the day of his 4th birthday so I was hoping to get him a cute little cake to celebrate when we eat, we are a family of 5 so something small. The chef has been emailing me and said they can do a 6" inch cake with edible image for $38 or a themed Mickey Halloween cake 8" inch for $100. We don't have the budget for the $100 cake so I am thinking of going with the $38 one. Does anyone know if I can pick any image for the cake or what image they offer?

If I was to order a cake at Rose and Crown, who would do the baking? Would I be able to get a cake that I've seen here and took a picture of on my phone?

Ok, so it's cake ordering time for me --- YAY!!! So I think I've decided I'm going to do one cake for two occasions instead of two cakes. It's my parents' first trip and my son's 13th birthday. Not sure if I'm going with Haunted Mansion or Nightmare Before Christmas theme yet. I'm thinking chocolate cake with fresh strawberry filling, chocolate buttercream and ganache (we don't like fondant at all). I want to have it delivered to CBR. Any suggestions on size for five people? Or ideas re: one cake for two occasions?

This is a great thread I LOVE all the photo's of the cakes they are so beautiful.

I am currently in the process of ordering a cake from the Contemporary Resort for our dinner reservation at Chef Mickey on our trip. We are going on a Make a Wish trip and will be there the day of his 4th birthday so I was hoping to get him a cute little cake to celebrate when we eat, we are a family of 5 so something small. The chef has been emailing me and said they can do a 6" inch cake with edible image for $38 or a themed Mickey Halloween cake 8" inch for $100. We don't have the budget for the $100 cake so I am thinking of going with the $38 one. Does anyone know if I can pick any image for the cake or what image they offer?

From what I've read on this thread, they have a few images to select from- I don't believe you can send in one, it must be one that Disney has. Also, I think you just describe what you want and they select an image- I haven't heard of them sending an email with image choices. But that's just from what I've gathered on this thread- maybe someone else has had a different experience. Good luck :)

Just ordered my daughter's birthday cake for next month. Decided to go with in-room delivery on the night of her actual birthday, will be a fun surprise when we get back from the park that evening!

Called the cake hotline and spoke to George. I inquired about getting a Frozen-themed mini cake and he put me on hold to call the CR bakery to see what they could do. Came back to say that they could do the cake in ice blue frosting with gum paste snowflakes (at no additional charge)! :) $35 plus tax and gratuity.

Can't wait to see it - will make sure to post pictures here once we arrive!

Thanks for all the great info in this thread, made it a very easy process to place my order!!

If I was to order a cake at Rose and Crown, who would do the baking? Would I be able to get a cake that I've seen here and took a picture of on my phone?

Rose & Crown's cakes are made by Epcot's pastry chef. He should be able to do something completely custom for you based on a photo.
:thumbsup2

Ok, so it's cake ordering time for me --- YAY!!! So I think I've decided I'm going to do one cake for two occasions instead of two cakes. It's my parents' first trip and my son's 13th birthday. Not sure if I'm going with Haunted Mansion or Nightmare Before Christmas theme yet. I'm thinking chocolate cake with fresh strawberry filling, chocolate buttercream and ganache (we don't like fondant at all). I want to have it delivered to CBR. Any suggestions on size for five people? Or ideas re: one cake for two occasions?

For 5 people you only need a 6-inch cake, but if you want really elaborate decorations they may tell you that you need to order an 8-inch.

So I just ordered my very first Disney cake! Spoke with Pat at the Grand Floridian and man does she talk fast lol! Anyway, I ordered a 6" chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling for my son's 4th birthday that we are celebrating on August 19th. I just told her we wanted a western Mickey theme because he is a cowboy at heart. :love: We will have it served at our Ohana dinner so the western theme may look a little out of place but I can't wait to see what she comes up with. Will try to remember to post pics once we get it.

Finally managed to order my cake from AKL - thanks to everyone that assisted, it's going to be 8 inch vanilla, with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream and a white chocolate ariel stand. Looks lovely from the photos they sent of ones previously done. Came to $58 plus tax/gratuity, will definitely post a picture up when we get it as it's for a friends birthday so I'm sure it'll be photographed to death!

Can anyone tell me if when they deliver it (we are having it to the room) they will bring paper plates/plastic forks etc? Or do I need to ask for them or bring my own?

Finally managed to order my cake from AKL - thanks to everyone that assisted, it's going to be 8 inch vanilla, with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream and a white chocolate ariel stand. Looks lovely from the photos they sent of ones previously done. Came to $58 plus tax/gratuity, will definitely post a picture up when we get it as it's for a friends birthday so I'm sure it'll be photographed to death!

Can anyone tell me if when they deliver it (we are having it to the room) they will bring paper plates/plastic forks etc? Or do I need to ask for them or bring my own?

Wow sounds like a great deal!

Wow sounds like a great deal!

Yeah it seemed very reasonable, especially because in the UK the exchange rate is favourable anyway. I think it's because it's not covered in fondant, there's just going to be a few fondant flowers over the chocolate stand and around the outside/edges but nothing major, which is what we wanted anyway really. The picture they sent over of one they'd previously done was very pretty, simple but just right.

AKL were also very easy to work with and responded to me really quickly regarding the order and got it all sorted.

That IS a great deal! For our 6" cake, the switch from buttercream to fondant only cost $6.

How far in advance do you have to order the cakes? And will they just write on the cake, if I just want a plain cake. We would want it delivered to Via Napoli

I asked when I ordered mine, and was told they provide plates/forks. Did they ask you how many people you are serving?? If not, make sure you call back and have the # of people noted since they told me there would be an additional charge if we have to call down and have extras delivered.

Update on my room delivery at Pop, they can't deliver it to our room before we arrive, but they scheduled a time to have it delivered.

How far in advance do you have to order the cakes? And will they just write on the cake, if I just want a plain cake. We would want it delivered to Via Napoli

I'd call 2 or 3 weeks out. Vi Napoli only does a couple styles of cake and none of them are really decorated. They usually write on the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter