Official DIS/DIS Unplugged/DISboards Dapper Day Meets (2/22 & 2/23)

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by ImTooExcitedToSleep, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Gisele

Gisele Luv honey.Not the sting of bees Luv HM gumispiders

Lol! ;) :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

Guess the missing podcaster. lol :chat:

:goodvibes

4. DizMe

DizMe <font color=darkorchid>Here we gooooo...<br><font

WAAAAAAAH!!!! All of this planning and I can't go :(. I still can't believe it. I haven't been feeling all that great, which wasn't alarming to me since I knew what it was. I have a long-standing history of kidney stones. I finally decided I ought to get a scan since it wasn't going away and dang it all, I have a massive stone on each side and partially blocked kidneys with no chance of passing the things on my own. Surgery is Thursday and my flight was scheduled for Friday morning. WAAAAAAH! Goodbye, spring Dapper Day. Goodbye, GCH, HM disneybounding, Charles Phoenix, lashes and liner appointment, Dapper talk, and Dapper meets. Have fun, fellow DISers who will be there! I guess I'll start planning for Fall.

5. ImTooExcitedToSleep

ImTooExcitedToSleep dis veteran

So sorry you won't be able to make it. :worried:

6. Gisele

Gisele Luv honey.Not the sting of bees Luv HM gumispiders

I sure am sorry for your health situation. And your having to change your plans as a result. From your posts I could tell that you were so looking forward to attending. Which by the way, totally love your HM inspired dress!
    I figure it this way, come this fall you will have your outfits already plus new additions that you might plan on bringing as well. So you should be completely ready long before the actual event. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
    If anything you might need a larger suitcase. :)

:flower:I hope that all goes well and that you will be back in tip top shape very soon. :flower3:

7. DizMe

Thank you so much, Gisele! I'm trying so hard not to be depressed about it but I'm so sad. However, in the grand scheme of things it's just a blip and I know that I'll be up and about before long. As you said, now I'm all set for September, LOL! I hope my friends have a great time. I'm saddest about my HM outfit :upsidedow

I HATE kidney stones!!!! I wish I could figure out how NOT to get them. I've been to many, many doctor and no diet, medication, or remedy-du-jour has had any effect. Well, I once was told by a naturopath to drink 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice mixed with 1/3 cup cider vinegar with 1 T of pure maple syrup every day. I don't know if it would have worked on my stones because it began to eat my stomach before I could tell! And if I had a nickel for every time someone suggested I just drink more water, I'd be a rich woman. And if, instead of ugly rocks I made beautiful diamonds, that might soften the blow :rotfl:

8. goooof1

goooof1 Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear! I was looking forward to seeing your great outfits! ah, well, must wait until Sept. Good luck with your surgery.
    Be well!

9. ExcitedSam

ExcitedSam Mouseketeer

Oh no! How disappointing, at least you do have something to look forward to, even if its a little way away.

10. Mary Jo

I'm really sorry to read this. I was looking forward to seeing you again. :worried:

Best wishes on getting those stones taken care of so you can come out for the October happenings.

11. Pinup Mommy

Pinup Mommy Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Oh no!!! I am so sorry :-(

My husband, like you has bouts with kidney stones and had lithotripsy a few years back for some stubborn rocks. I personally do not know the painful, but have witness what it does to DH.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and see you at Fall 2014 Dapper Day!

12. The Rocketeer

The Rocketeer Mouseketeer

What a bummer!! I have been avidly following your posts and pictures from your previous Dapper Days and admiring your HM outfit for Disneybounding this weekend. You have been an inspiration to us Dapper Day newbies and have given many practical suggestions. So even if you are not there in person, you will be in spirit. Hope you feel better soon so you can get back to Disneyland. :thumbsup2

13. ImTooExcitedToSleep

Just want to keep this at the top of the page since the event is coming up soon.

Everyone is welcome....Dapper or not. :thumbsup2

14. YellowMickeyPonchos

YellowMickeyPonchos <font color=magenta>Remember when everyone had one

Looking forward to seeing everyone! It should be a great event!

15. ImTooExcitedToSleep

Hope to you all this weekend!! :cool1:

16. ImTooExcitedToSleep

17. DizMe

Cute picture!!

18. Amommy21

Amommy21 DIS Veteran

Would it be possible to leave some dapper buttons at the grand hotel desk for Kenneth Hardy. We are staying at the hotel. My 12 year old put a lot into his costume and it could mean so much to him. We missed you tonight and have napa rose reservations tomorrow during the evening events. It would mean the world to him!

19. whoever

whoever DIS Veteran

Great to meet everybody tonight. Sorry had to dash, kids and their emergencies and all. Hopefully I didn't leave my iced tea anywhere somebody had to deal with it, hate leaving stuff by accident.

20. Mary Jo

Tom and Michael riding Luigi's Tires

[​IMG]

21. Mary Jo

It was really fun meeting everyone at the meet. I hope we get to see more DISers tomorrow at 1pm. :)