*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Awe! Our son will turn 7 just 4 days after Christmas! We originally wanted to go to Disney for his birthday, but it's much more economical to do it the week before.

I thought that after the MVMCP was over, that the holiday oriented party events (parade and fireworks) continue through Christmas without the need for special ticket.

We're arriving on 12/19, and will depart on the 26th. This will be our second trip to Disney, but the first time at Christmas! Although we've not booked yet, we're planning to stay at Wilderness Lodge just because we've heard they have the best Christmas decorations. Feel free to add me to the list on the first post! I've been obsessively studying for the past 3 days, trying to plan our trip. My wife did all the planning for our first trip because I was finishing school, and hadn't been bitten by the Disney bug. Since that trip though, I've become a full-fledged addict!

Welcome to the thread! The parade and fireworks happen, but we like meet and greets, and certain characters only meet at parties. When the party dates are released, we're considering shifting our dates to catch the last party night...we really want to meet the seven dwarfs and Sandy Claws.

The Wilderness Lodge is our favorite resort, and we love it so much we've never stayed anywhere else. It will be strange staying at a new resort this time when WL feels like home to us.
Enjoy the planning, and I'll add your tentative dates to the list :)

I just booked our 12/6 - 12/14 trip last Friday. We are staying at the BWV and I can't wait to go. So excited! We usually stay at the Swan, so this will be our first official Disney hotel in a long time.

Hooray for being all booked!! :dogdance::dogdance:

Excited to have you on #DisTeamDecember!!

We'll be at the Wilderness Lodge from 12/5 - 12/8 after a Disney Dream cruise. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Welcome!

The Lodge will be a great counterpoint to the cruise, that's so exciting!!!

I thought that after the MVMCP was over, that the holiday oriented party events (parade and fireworks) continue through Christmas without the need for special ticket.

We're arriving on 12/19, and will depart on the 26th. This will be our second trip to Disney, but the first time at Christmas! Although we've not booked yet, we're planning to stay at Wilderness Lodge just because we've heard they have the best Christmas decorations.

You are correct. Once the MVMCP ends, the special parade is done daily as part of the standard admission. The 1 wrinkle, I think, is that Santa Goofy is now in the Santa seat at DTD (aka Disney Springs), because Santa Claus is in the parade.

And I had heard that WL does have some of the best decorations as well. But if you get the chance, ride the monorail to those resorts and take in their decorations as well. Especially, the life-sized gingerbread constructs.

As for me & BDLsgal... the POR is decorated just fine. On its own, it is a very comforting set-up. Add the Xmas decorations... Our brains turn off before I can even pick up our guest packet at check-in (she is usually in the gift shop looking for merch while I'm in line).

We're booked for Dec 4-6 at AKL and Dec 6-12 at CR! It's going to be my DS's (who will be 2.5 then) first trip! so excited! :yay:

We're booked for Dec 4-6 at AKL and Dec 6-12 at CR! It's going to be my DS's (who will be 2.5 then) first trip! so excited! :yay:

Aw, it will be so fun to watch his reactions to all the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World!!

Welcome to the thread, and I'll add your dates to the log!!

You are correct. Once the MVMCP ends, the special parade is done daily as part of the standard admission. The 1 wrinkle, I think, is that Santa Goofy is now in the Santa seat at DTD (aka Disney Springs), because Santa Claus is in the parade.

And I had heard that WL does have some of the best decorations as well. But if you get the chance, ride the monorail to those resorts and take in their decorations as well. Especially, the life-sized gingerbread constructs.

As for me & BDLsgal... the POR is decorated just fine. On its own, it is a very comforting set-up. Add the Xmas decorations... Our brains turn off before I can even pick up our guest packet at check-in (she is usually in the gift shop looking for merch while I'm in line).

Santa Goofy will be so much fun to see and visit!

Visiting the Monorail resorts is definitely on the list of things to do, probably on our first night since that won't be a park night. One of our normal Christmas season traditions at home is to ride around an area of town known for it's lights and decorations. Occasionally, we'll even bring bags of popped corn along and wear pajamas (I'm not sure I'd want to wear my Christmas jammies into the lobby of GF or CR, though:rolleyes:). I'm really hoping we'll hear of new plans for the Osborne lights, and that those plans will be implemented this year!

As for Port Orleans, I wonder if it's comparable to the REAL New Orleans decorated for Christmas. The lights on Canal St. The lobby of the Roosevelt. The trees in front of La Pavillon. Celebration in the Oaks. My, oh my, the list goes on!

Hi everyone! :wave:We'll be down December 14-20 and can't wait! We'll be celebrating my sister's 21st birthday so I'm extra excited!

Welcome aboard.

21st birthday...? Hmmmm, will there be a "Drinking Around the World" excursion planned?

We were to leave for Disney tomorrow and I tore a calf muscle 2 days ago, we decided and with doctor encouragement we decided to change our dates to Dec. This trip was to be for our 25th anniversary so now we will be celebrating our 25 anniversary and our son's 13th birthday. We changed our dates to Nov 30th - Dec 8th at AoA. I am looking forward to MCMCP and resort hopping to see all the decorations.

We were to leave for Disney tomorrow and I tore a calf muscle 2 days ago, we decided and with doctor encouragement we decided to change our dates to Dec. This trip was to be for our 25th anniversary so now we will be celebrating our 25 anniversary and our son's 13th birthday. We changed our dates to Nov 30th - Dec 8th at AoA. I am looking forward to MCMCP and resort hopping to see all the decorations.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your injury! At least you'll get to go at Christmastime now!

We are going December 16th-23rd. We will be probably stay at Pop our first 2 nights then we are staying at AKL Kidani Village for the rest of the trip. This will be the first trip for our granddaughter who will be about 19 months ! So excited for this trip!

Last edited:
We are going December 17-23rd. We will be probably stay at Pop the first night then we are staying at AKL Kidani Village for the rest of the trip. This will be the first trip for our granddaughter who will be about 19 months ! So excited for this trip!

Hooray!! Initially, our plan was to go for those same dates, but when we asked our 6 year old if he wanted presents at home on Christmas Day or no presents at Disney on Christmas Day, he chose wisely. So we'll be there from the 19th to the 26th! :cool1:

Just joining in!! You can go ahead and add me to the roster. Planning a trip for December 4-10, 2016 with the whole extended family. Not sure where we are staying yet but considering The Cabins in Fort Wilderness or a Tree House Villa at SSR.

Hi, my husband and I will be enjoying our first stay at WL, even though it doesn't look quite as good as it used to, from Dec. 3-13. I've been the first week of Dec. before and loved the lower crowds and amazing holiday decor and spirit. I can't wait to share it with him. We're close to 300 days!!!

We are going from December 4-11. Staying at the poly on rented DVC points. We will have a 6.5 year old and a nearly 3 year old. We took the older one to magic kingdom for two days right before she turned theee but we are really excited for the week long trip !

We're going November 30-December 5th, staying at POP. It's just me and my 3yr old son, but my sister who lives in Orlando will be joining us from time to time. We did a whirlwind 36 hour trip in 2014 for MVMCP and a dash from Candlelight Processional to Osborne Lights. I'm hoping this trip will be much more relaxed and we'll be able to enjoy the decorations and other special things. I'm also hoping the parade isn't filmed that weekend!

Our plans are:
one MK day with MCMVP and Pirates League
one EPCOT day with Candlelight
one day at Universal
one open day (depending on what is going on at DHS and how tall my DS is by that point - if he's 40in by that point we'll do DHS, if not AK)

We'll bring up the rear! Our family, plus eight others are joining us for New Years! Our dates are December 30-January 6th. I wasn't on planning booking our package but DH wanted to get it done so we'll be staying at POR in a Royal Room! DD who is almost 3, is very princess oriented so this should be fun.

We've never done Disney over a major holiday so I'm slightly anxious but very excited. I'll be watching this thread closely for tips and tricks for navigating the World during the busiest time.

Hey People! We are going to be down December 2 to December 9!! Haven't decided where we are staying yet. Likely Beach Club or Boardwalk. But still have time...so much time :sad:

Hey everyone!! For whatever reason I haven't been getting thread alerts, so I've gotten behind on adding dates and names. I'll get that updated this afternoon :-):-)

A big :welcome: to all of our new December friends!!

326 days to go for me...ADR day is the day after we fly back from California. Our plane is supposed to land at midnight, so that's going to be a reaallll early wakeup call at the airport hotel before heading home - BUT it's a fun way to extend the Disney magic from one trip to the next!

definitely. its fun planning on which adr's look right. we're definitely planning on some character dining while there.

Hi everyone! :wave:We'll be down December 14-20 and can't wait! We'll be celebrating my sister's 21st birthday so I'm extra excited!

Woohoo!! 21!! :drinking1

Oh, boo!! I'm sorry you were injured and had to reschedule your trip, BUT I'm glad you're here now to hang out with us!

We are going December 16th-23rd. We will be probably stay at Pop our first 2 nights then we are staying at AKL Kidani Village for the rest of the trip. This will be the first trip for our granddaughter who will be about 19 months ! So excited for this trip!

Aww!! You will make so many memories and have some awesome photos of her enjoying the experience!! :love:

Just joining in!! You can go ahead and add me to the roster. Planning a trip for December 4-10, 2016 with the whole extended family. Not sure where we are staying yet but considering The Cabins in Fort Wilderness or a Tree House Villa at SSR.

We've talked about doing a cabin sometime to try it out, and I LOVE the idea of the tree house villas - they look so cool, and it seems like such pretty surroundings. Good luck making your decision! You're brave taking the whole family! I don't think I would handle that very gracefully, and I admire those who do!!

Hi, my husband and I will be enjoying our first stay at WL, even though it doesn't look quite as good as it used to, from Dec. 3-13. I've been the first week of Dec. before and loved the lower crowds and amazing holiday decor and spirit. I can't wait to share it with him. We're close to 300 days!!!

The WL is my FAVORITE resort!! This trip is the first time we're branching out and trying somewhere new, that's how much we love it. Even with the construction, it will still be gorgeous all decorated in her holiday finest. Just request a courtyard view, it'll keep you a little more in the bubble :-):-)

We are going from December 4-11. Staying at the poly on rented DVC points. We will have a 6.5 year old and a nearly 3 year old. We took the older one to magic kingdom for two days right before she turned theee but we are really excited for the week long trip !

The Poly is gorgeous! We love spending time there. Hooray for a longer trip this time!!

We're going November 30-December 5th, staying at POP. It's just me and my 3yr old son, but my sister who lives in Orlando will be joining us from time to time. We did a whirlwind 36 hour trip in 2014 for MVMCP and a dash from Candlelight Processional to Osborne Lights. I'm hoping this trip will be much more relaxed and we'll be able to enjoy the decorations and other special things. I'm also hoping the parade isn't filmed that weekend!

Our plans are:
one MK day with MCMVP and Pirates League
one EPCOT day with Candlelight
one day at Universal
one open day (depending on what is going on at DHS and how tall my DS is by that point - if he's 40in by that point we'll do DHS, if not AK)

Relaxed is good! That's what we're really looking forward to this time as well.
It's great that your sister will be close by and is able to join you for parts of the vacation! Sounds like a good plan!!

We'll bring up the rear! Our family, plus eight others are joining us for New Years! Our dates are December 30-January 6th. I wasn't on planning booking our package but DH wanted to get it done so we'll be staying at POR in a Royal Room! DD who is almost 3, is very princess oriented so this should be fun.

We've never done Disney over a major holiday so I'm slightly anxious but very excited. I'll be watching this thread closely for tips and tricks for navigating the World during the busiest time.

Well, I promise we'll all take good care of the place so when you get there it's looking fabulous :-)
I've only seen pictures of the Royal Rooms but they look so pretty!! I think your DD will love it!
I totally hear you about nerves because of the holiday - I know the experienced DIS folks will be able to help you!!

Hey People! We are going to be down December 2 to December 9!! Haven't decided where we are staying yet. Likely Beach Club or Boardwalk. But still have time...so much time :sad:

Welcome! It does feel like forever, doesn't it? I feel your pain!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter