Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Missy1961, Sep 19, 2011.
Agree! It made me want to start from the beginning and watch all of them from Season 1 again!
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
I've been pretty happy with this season. Yeah, they've had a few duds (the documentary one for instance) but basically, I've enjoying a lot of the episodes. The 100th episode (the Rear Window one) was one of my favorites of all time. But hey, that's me.
sneak peeks for Human Factor are out!
this is #2, but it is so funny, I had to share it first:
sneak peek #1:
sneak peek #3:
"Clip" shows are usually kind of bad, right? Trust the folks at Castle to do it differently.
That episode had so many great moments:
1. Of course, the ILY leads the list. I knew it was coming when she called him "Rick", but it still was perfect. And I so loved his "I love you too". I was really afraid they'd go the "I kniow" route, but they were smart enough to know it wouldn't work there.
2. The end scene with Gates letting them know she knows. I've felt all along they hadn't fooled her. Loved Gates' "just kiss the man, he deserves it" Also loved the flashback of their kisses. So it seems that only Javi, Kevin & Alexis were clueless. (I think Lainie knew Rick was Kate's boyfriend, and since we didn't see when Kate told her, we don't know for sure).
3. I enjoyed all the flashbacks, but I really loved the flashbacks of them building theory (when they either finished each other's sentences or said the same thing), Rick stopping in the middle of some to remark on her "dizzying array of hairstyles", loved the clips of people telling her about how Rick feels about her, and how she feels about him.
4. loved the opening scene of him bringing her breakfast. The song playing in the background is one they used when they went to the Hamptons together. (Eddie Vedder's "Longing to Belong"). Loved how he smiled at her, how she sat on his lap while they discussed how she's always had feelings for him ("I thought you were a [jerk]"), how she ran back for a few extra kisses, and his "did you see the heart? It took like 6 minutes". Great scene.
5. the scene when they worked out the code. A bit contrived, but it still worked for me. All 4 of them working together to figure out the crime. And when he typed it in, the bomb clicked off and she walked off and into his arms, I loved it. Also loved their hug, his "she's off", and the reaction in the precinct.
6. loved the flashbacks when she was alone -the call to her dad - her life flashing before her eyes. The stuff with Montgomery was priceless.
Some quick stuff:
loved him telling her "I was having so much fun playing cop" - nod to what his dad said to him
Castle's her "bomb buddy" LOL
Rick's idea of "Indiana Jones - golden idol/bag of sand" and Kate's "Remember how that turned out?"
That there were 30 minutes and 47 seconds left
Kate's line that Rick "get(s) off by......" (not going to repeat it here) how they got that past the censors I have no idea.
that Martha catching them on the morning after was the most "terrifying" thing to happen to them LOL
I guess it's kind of obvious that I loved the episode!
Don't forget: new episode tonight. Next to last for this season.
Liked last night's episode, but the set up for the season finale seems weak to me. It looks like it'll be, "Will she take the job, or won't she?" But that wouldn't have to end their relationship, because he's a writer and can work anywhere. His daughter's in college, so he's not tied to New York except for Martha, and she's a grown woman with her own life. He's got plenty of money, so relocating isn't even a financial hardship.
I don't know. Unless there's something else... Just doesn't seem like much of a cliffhanger, or something that would be made a big deal of in real life. If he loved her, he could just pack up his laptop and go with her.
First of all, ABC is famous for editing those promos crazily - they love to rile up the fan base. (ie-the promo for "Significant Others" Kate says to Castle, "you're not the man I thought you were", and then that turned out to be a joke). So Castle telling Kate that doesn't mean anything. He could turn around and say everything you wrote. Or he could be reminding her of what she felt when Will did that to her all those years ago.
But even though I'm pretty sure Kate won't be moving to DC (it would totally change the show), I wouldn't be surprised if that's the cliffhanger for the summer. Think about the biggest thing in Kate's life up to now - catching her mom's killer. After all these years, she knows who it is. But as a NYPD homicide detective, she can't get him, as she found out this year. But working for the US AG? She can work on making him pay. Mighty tempting....
Or, the cliffhanger could be......one of them proposing to the other. (part of me has been wondering if Kate is going to ask Rick.) Stana Katic has said that "the fans are going to like what we're doing" So we shall see.....
I'm guessing that you don't hang out with a lot of native Manhattanites? There is a certain species of New York City native that is absolutely lost anywhere else, and it could be a good comic spin to make that one of Castle's hangups.
Seriously, you are correct, of course; he can relocate anywhere for her with little inconvenience to himself, but presumably, having her become a federal agent would mean no longer WORKING with her on a regular basis. The feds are not nearly as tolerant of hangers-on as a municipal dept. might be; even one as large as NYPD. (Unless of course, Castle can get himself licensed as a defense contractor; THAT seems to be rather simple if you throw enouch money at your local elected representative -- oh, wait; their local elected representative is Bracken! )
I think that the idea of their working partnership as the source of their chemistry is probably the basis for the cliffhanger -- can their romantic partnership survive long-term without the constant adrenaline rush that they both crave, and that they get from working together in the field? I'm guessing that they will be afraid that it cannot. (And that there will be jokes about the difficulty of getting decent pizza in DC, LOL)
Wow! 2 seasons! That's great!
Also darned-near unheard-of in US network TV. The overseas syndication rights must be fetching a REALLY nice price for ABC to make this kind of advance commitment.
It's officially been renewed....no mention of 2 yrs but that still may be coming.
Not a happy one, that's for sure.
Another serious one:
sneak peek #3:
sneak peek #4:
I have a feeling it's going to be a very interesting show tonight. I do know that Martha & Jim will both be in the episode, and Alexis will need Rick for something.
The folks that get to view episodes in advance were given copies minus the last few minutes of the episode, so obviously something big happens then. Some are predicating break up, some are predicating marriage proposals, some are even predicating a pregnancy.
Me? I keep going back and forth between break up (with a make up in the fall) or Kate proposing to Rick. I don't think they'd do a baby, but you never know! Marlowe did say that Season 6 is going to be "full of complications" so a baby would fit that bill. Or could Castle or Kate be sick?
Separate names with a comma.