Official Castaway Cay 5K Thread

mmouse37 said:
Ok gang....I just merged over 12 threads on the CC 5K!!! :surfweb: Let's just use this one thread now for all things related to the CC5K. All the other threads are merged into this one thread.

Thanks.:thumbsup2

MJ

MJ ROCKS!!! Thanks MJ - nice job 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Princess Denise said:
is the castaway cay 5k for all cruises?

If the cruise stops there, then yes. On double dips with 2 stops, it's offered twice.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ok gang....I just merged over 12 threads on the CC 5K!!! :surfweb: Let's just use this one thread now for all things related to the CC5K. All the other threads are merged into this one thread.

Thanks.:thumbsup2

MJ

:worship::worship::worship:

Now if only people would use the SEARCH function!

Not to embarrass anyone but what is the worst time you have gotten on this? I ask because I hate to run but this AMD weight loss has me completing a 5k walk/jog a few time a week. I am completing in about 47 minutes now, shaving a few seconds each time. I just wanna get an idea on how this is. I don't expect to come in the beginning that's for sure!

RN_Mom said:
Not to embarrass anyone but what is the worst time you have gotten on this? I ask because I hate to run but this AMD weight loss has me completing a 5k walk/jog a few time a week. I am completing in about 47 minutes now, shaving a few seconds each time. I just wanna get an idea on how this is. I don't expect to come in the beginning that's for sure!

I finished in 53 minutes and there were still people behind me. You'll be fine. Just have fun! :)

Has anyone done both the 5K and the Wild Teen Adventure on CC?

Last year by the time we left the ship from Vibe it was almost 9:30. The 5K was scheduled from 8:30-9:30, I figure I have time to do both.

I planned to drop off my swimming shorts and stuff to my parents and picking it up from the beach when the run was over :beach:

:scratchin What do you think?

Has anyone done both the 5K and the Wild Teen Adventure on CC?

Last year by the time we left the ship from Vibe it was almost 9:30. The 5K was scheduled from 8:30-9:30, I figure I have time to do both.

I planned to drop off my swimming shorts and stuff to my parents and picking it up from the beach when the run was over :beach:

:scratchin What do you think?

I saw on a Navigator from Dec. that the meet time for the 5K was 9:00, so not sure that would work. What time does the Wild Teen adventure start? My DS 13 is planning to run the CC5K next week. I'll come back and let you know what time it is over.

I saw on a Navigator from Dec. that the meet time for the 5K was 9:00, so not sure that would work. What time does the Wild Teen adventure start? My DS 13 is planning to run the CC5K next week. I'll come back and let you know what time it is over.

:thanks: Thank you so much, I really appreciate.
Have a great time and we'll catch up after your cruise.
Have a blast!!!

:disrocks:

We sailed on the Fantasy in November. My seven year old daughter ran with me! She got a medal and a bib! No one blinked at her or asked her age. She was thrilled!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm hoping that DS10 will get to run with DH. DS is in a program called Let Me Run (similar to Girls on the Run but for boys) so he already has a couple of 5Ks under his belt. This would be such a great experience for him.

Just did my first 5K,two weeks ago, with two new feet and my first pair of Nike crosstrainers in YEARS!! Due to Lyme Arthritis,had to have the bones in my feet broken and straightened and after a gazillion years of pain and two years of recovery,I finished the 5k in 40 minutes,walking quickly thru the whole thing. There was a man with a toddler on his shoulders near me most of the time and I was determined to finish in front of him. The 4 times DH & I have been to CC,I could only dream about being able to simply walk that route. Now,on our 3/9 cruise, I'm going for it-a tad anxious, but I'll finally be a participant instead of a spectator. Sometimes it isn't just a 5k...........:hippie:

Just did my first 5K,two weeks ago, with two new feet and my first pair of Nike crosstrainers in YEARS!! Due to Lyme Arthritis,had to have the bones in my feet broken and straightened and after a gazillion years of pain and two years of recovery,I finished the 5k in 40 minutes,walking quickly thru the whole thing. There was a man with a toddler on his shoulders near me most of the time and I was determined to finish in front of him. The 4 times DH & I have been to CC,I could only dream about being able to simply walk that route. Now,on our 3/9 cruise, I'm going for it-a tad anxious, but I'll finally be a participant instead of a spectator. Sometimes it isn't just a 5k...........:hippie:

:thumbsup2

I just did my first 5k yesterday on CC. Finished dead last at 63 minutes. I'm glad I did it though. I've had two back surgeries and almost gave up. We received bibs and a Mickey shaped medal that said WINNER on it. The cast member on the course said that they would deliver certificates to our rooms, but we got nothing. I called guest services about it that night and they said they would take care of it but all they left at the room was more medals and a nice journal. I would have liked the certificate but oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter