Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zurgswife, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olbear

olbear Loves all things POOH!

I just found these pictures today, And I don't think I've posted them. This was my birthday cake from 2005 at 1900 Park Faire at the GF. It was a 6 inch yellow cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries inbetween the layers and frosted with buttercreme icing. Since they can't do "pooh", I had them do a hunny pot with hunny coming out. It was made out of molding chocolate. Not sure what the hunny was made out of. It was delicious as usual.

Blessings,
    Winnie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 2BusyPlanning

2BusyPlanning DIS Veteran

I have seen people peel away the fondant before cutting a cake. Some people eat it and some choose not to. I find it chewy and tastless (unless it's flavored, usually almond). I would rather remove it before cutting into the cake.

4. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

Thanks for sharing the photos! It looks delicious! That was a great idea to get around the fact that they can't do Pooh and friends! :thumbsup2

5. Dis31

Dis31 My middle name is Rice Krispy

http://[​IMG]

the mini castle cake we got at Narcoossees. They couldn't find it so it took a little while before we got it : (

I knew the cake was small we ordered it but i guess Iwasnt expecting it to be this tiny lol and it is mostly filling and not much cake at all!

Cake from POR when we stayed here in march, the cake was very good and a nicesize 6in!

6. stagemomx3

stagemomx3 DIS Veteran

Cute honey pot cake! What a great alternative idea to the Pooh characters.

7. Goofy4Disney

Goofy4Disney Wants to be a full-time WDW food critic!

From POR? I didn't know cakes could be ordered at POR/POFQ? I guess I've missed this somewhere because I didn't see them on the list that is on the 1st page of this thread either. Did POR make the cake or was it delivered there from somewhere else? I'm really curious about this!

8. Fairy_Tale_Bride

Fairy_Tale_Bride DIS Veteran

What is the price of the mini Castle cake?

9. beattyfamily

$25. (I think they told me $10 cake/$15 Castle)

10. MommySiobhan

MommySiobhan DIS Veteran

Wow, I love this thread!:thumbsup2

I was going to pose my own cake question and here it is, all here. :wizard:
    Thanks!

11. jks0627

jks0627 Earning My Ears

Next month we have dinner at CRT planned for my DD's 4th bday. It's a special trip for her bday and to cheer her up since my husband recently deployed. What would be the best thing to do for a special cake or dessert? Should I just call CRT or should I try to bring one in from somewhere else? Any help would be great. I just want to make this as special as I can for her. If anyone would know I know I could find out from you guys!! Thanks in advance.princess: :) :) :goodvibes

12. beattyfamily

For CRT, you'd call the MK bakery. Their number is on page one.

I ordered an 8 inch in 2005 for my 40th. It was $25. They can do any character except Pooh and friends.

I had Melificient on mine. :goodvibes

They can also do the Cinderella's Slipper for an additional charge of I think $12.50. Not sure if you call CRT directly for that one though.

13. Dressage Rider

Dressage Rider Earning My Ears

Has anyone ordered a birthday cake for 50's Prime Time Cafe? I can't find a number for the restaurant at the beginning of this thread. Do I call the MGM number that is listed?

I really want to surprise my DD for her 15th birthday at her favorite restaurant.:rolleyes1

14. Fairy_Tale_Bride

Fairy_Tale_Bride DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad I got to see the basket & help Amanda have a special birthday! :banana:

15. Poohbear67

Poohbear67 DIS Veteran

What are the dates that you are going in Sept. and which Resort are you staying at?

16. Cielei

Cielei Up to my ears

Thank you for all of the wonderful information in this thread. I just returned from our trip and ordered the vanilla cake with vanilla icing from Chef Mickey's for my son's 4th birthday. I actually asked them for another image and they were very happy to accomidate me and it was perfect for my little pirate's birthday!

[​IMG]

17. stagemomx3

stagemomx3 DIS Veteran

Cute pirate Mickey cake!:thumbsup2

18. Paul in CT

Paul in CT DIS Veteran

The Boardwalk Bakery number is incorrect. That number gets you to "Disney Private Dining". I tried twice and got the same person who said she would transfer me, but it just disconnected me. They were not very helpful.

Apparently, for the FF Cafe one has to order through the BW Bakery. Does anyone have the correct number?

19. DisneyGuess

DisneyGuess DIS Veteran

Thinking of maybe changing our wedding night dinner to a GF restaurant. It seems they get the best cake reviews. Their cakes also look festive for my wedding cake. :goodvibes
    I already have a Mickey & Minnie Wedding Cake topper hat I ordered from disney.com, do I just tell them this when I order our cake and then give to the CM when we check in?

Also, Our 1st morning @ Disney, we have a breakfast @ CRT, I want to order a birthday cake for myself & my FMIL, as both of our birthdays are within the week we are going, if I order a cake, but we don't eat it all, what can I do with the cake while we finish our day in MK?
    Don't wanna waste it or throw it aways. :confused3

20. mjc05

mjc05 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I'd love to hear some advice on this as well. I'm taking my brother to 50's for his birthday in March and would love to order a birthday cake for him.

21. jpaxton1118

jpaxton1118 DIS Veteran

What about California Grill? Has anyone had their cakes? We are going next week and I need to order one and I need some help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.