Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few photos of the cake they made for my DD's birthday. We asked for anything to do with POTC as she's pirate mad. We left the design up to them and this is what they came up with. DD loved it, she said it was the best cake she's ever had! :thumbsup2

It was made by the GF bakery as we ate at Citrico's. We chose marble cake with the white chocolate mousse filling. I also asked for icing (rolled fondant to you guys???) rather than frosting, we don't like that. The whole picture and frame was edible. It was the most delicious cake we've ever had!

lolascakeoe7.jpg

cake2py0.jpg

I also have a photo of the Cars cake from the Boardwalk but wasn't sure if anyone had posted that already?

austinsmommy said:
Hello!!

Could someone please share the picture of the Mickey Dome cake????

THANKS!!!

Here's the photo scanne sent me in a PM. I hope it's okay with scanne to share the picture with the DIS. Isn't this cake adorable??? Too cute!

IMG_3698.jpg

please post the cars cake...with detailed description and prices.!

Isn't cars Pixar? I thought they couldn't do pixar?

The Mickey Dome is really cute! I can't tell from the picture if it is bigger than one serving....what is inside, and how much?

Kona*Queen said:
I also have a photo of the Cars cake from the Boardwalk but wasn't sure if anyone had posted that already?

Yes!!! Please, please post your picture!!!!

:goodvibes
~Kimber

I didn't order this so unfortunately I have no details. I saw it in the glass counter of the Boardwalk Bakery so I just took a photo of it. I know.....I shoulda got details....... sorry! :guilty:

carscakewi7.jpg

We are heading back in 2 weeks so if no-one else has more info by then, I will find out.

Are any of the bakeries better then another? On the line between a cake at MK and one being delivered to our room at the WL. Any one have any suggestions? Are all the recipes about the same?

I am down to the wire and need to make a decision really soon (need to call Monday if I'm going to do it!). It's a graduation cake/x-mas theme....

Hi all, I ordered a 10" marble cake with raspberry filling, chocolate ganache, mickey & tigger figurines from the WL. They were extremely helpful with everything. Unfortunately they only have a 6" standard buttercream cake you cannot customize and then it jumps to 10" cake which can be customized.. No 8" anymore. :sad2:

So I have a 10" cake being delivered to a wishes cruise for 3 people next week. Cost is around $58 which includes figures/delivery fee of $3 & 18% gratuity. I just read it will feed 16 people!....now I am rethinking...and thinking I should cancel and order maybe something else from private dining, cookies & milk or something that won't be wasted. I can always fit the bday cake in some place else... :idea:

I wanted everything to be perfect, but I am going overboard....They took my credit card #, will I have any problems cancelling and changing my order? When does your cc get charged. Will they be annoyed? :confused:
thanks!

They don't charge your card until the day of. I doubt they'd be upset at all if you wanted to cancel as long as you gave sufficient notice.

As for which way to go, that's up to you. I'm not sure what I'd do. I tend to go overboard myself, lol. We had an 8" cake for 7 people and still ended up throwing away a piece when we came home. They said it served 8, and I'd agree that it would have been 8 nice sized servings. We had ours at CM's though, with a dessert buffet and full tummies to boot, so we cut rather small slices. We took the rest back to our villa and a couple of us had more later in the trip.

I was going to order a 10" cake when I called, and the CM talked me out of it. I'm glad she did, because it would have been a waste of money since we didn't even finish the 8" one. It was really good though!

Kona Queen do you reacall the price for the Pirates one? Also for the life of me I can't remember if you can pick a cake up from G, ot not. I believe you can't, but thought why not confirm it. I wonder if Boardwalk could do the same thing and deliever it to AKL, or at least let me pick it up. Thanks in Advance. :bride: :groom:

Lostgirlz said:
Kona Queen do you reacall the price for the Pirates one?

Total was $55 + tax. It was $25 for the cake, $15 for rolled fondant and $15 for the photo image :) They asked for a credit card hold deposit in case we didn't show at the restaurant, but they didn't charge our card, the full amount was put on our check at Citrico's so we got the 20% DDE discount on it. :thumbsup2

Okay... got if figured out. Since LadyMar said that all you can order from the WL customized now is 10" (way too much for 2 adults and 1 child); I am going to order from the MK bakery for our CRT lunch!!!! I want a X-Mas theme (in celebration of my graduation from Grad School). Woo.... Finially decided on something...

Thanks for your reply jcemom!
I just called the WL and cancelled the 10" cake, it would have been too much wasted cake. I spoke to the same person as yesterday, who was understanding and very nice. :blush:
I could still get the 6" but it's either vanilla or chocolate buttercream and we are not crazy about buttercream, too sweet. So I think with the snacks/soda and bday decorations it will be just as good. Thanks again for your help. :wave2:

Rhongepooh said:
71655scake-med.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok I'm checking to see if this works. Thanks it worked!!!!
Where did you order this cake from!?!?! :hyper: This is exaclty what I want to order for DD's 3rd bday in Jan. Where did you order and what exactly did you ask for. Much thanks.

Hello remember The magic,

:) I was wondering if you could tell me what your cake consisted of as to cake type , size, fillings, frostings, topper, price,it is stunning! However I'm leaving on Monday tommorow for Disney and would love to order it for my birthday celebration Dec 8th, ordered a cake last year from Grand Floridian, it had a much smaller castle and was not as decorated as yours. Would love it if you could help me with the details. Thanks, Piglet's Parents :goodvibes

Thank You for all the information on ordering cakes. I ordered this cake from Gullivers Grill at the Swan. It was strawberry short cake. The whip cream was so nice and light. Very delicious! :thumbsup2
101_5559.jpg

hi piglet's parents! basically, i discovered this thread when i joined DIS and decided immediately that I had to have one of these cakes! i printed off some pictures of my favourite cakes from this thread, (the ones with the small castle on top being my favourite). We ordered the cake at the front desk 2 days before my birthday, by filling out an order form. I showed the Cast Member helping us the pictures I had printed and she was amazed, and really helpful. I filled out the form, saying I wanted a 10" (I think it was 10", I can't really remember, but it was the size that serves 16 people if that helps), buttercream cake (fresh cream is also available), with a white chocolate castle on top and a white chocolate mickey on the side. That was literally all the information I gave, and this is what I got! I had not seen a chocolate castle that big before, and it was really beautiful. I think the frosting was just vanilla frosting, it was nice. The little dollops of frosting all around the cake are tiny mickey mouse heads. They left the cake in the room for us, with 16 plates, forks, knives and cloths, some candles and matches. Without telling me, my mother had asked them that morning to decorate the room with balloons and banners and stuff that she had bought, and they did so. They left the lights in the room dimmed really low and I nearly cried when I walked in. The whole thing was beautiful and really well done. Here are some more pictures of the cake.

florida2006005.jpg

florida2006572.jpg

florida2006544.jpg

(the numbered candles were our own and did not come with the cake)

we paid by credit card and got the bill when we returned home. It came to $202 with a cross border handling fee, so I think the cake itself was maybe about $180. Compared to what we pay for birthday cakes over here this was not expensive, especially for something so special and beautiful. And trust me, it was huge!

ps i couldn't bring myself to eat the castle or mickey and I brought them home, they're still intact! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter