Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it Yeah!!!

Here is a link for the TUXEDO STRAWBERRIES pic!!!

Scroll down to post 9

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=14942804#post14942804&highlight=tuxedo+strawberries

Nope that isn't it......It had the Mickey figurine standing on the plate and the tuxedoes berries around the base. The poster commented that her DH had already bitten one of the berries! lol They were much prettier than the ones here. Sooo....I'll bookmark this one so I can find you when I find it and let you know!! lol

47b4d608b3127cce98548d6b5b9200000027108AatnDNy3aMx

When we are at CRT or 1900 I want to get the girls a special treat of slipper. What is available for boys?

YES! That is one of them!!!!!! It is so close to the one I saw that at least I can describe it better! Is that not just gorgeous!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

DBF said it was about $60. There were only four of us, so in no way did we need a cake this big, but it was the smallest cake they could "customize" with a character, and he wanted to get my favorite, tinkerbell :goodvibes . The cake could easily have fed like 20 people. We took the rest home, though, and it was amazing all week long!

Does anyone know how I can order this cake? I have tried to contact the cake hotline(I was told they only do standard white/chocolate cakes or the Mickey cake) and I even tried the GF bakery and Boardwalk Bakery and both times ended up I believe at the same place(private dining). Their idea of a "custom cake" is putting her name on it!:confused3 It is my DD's 13th birthday and I would really like to get this cake for her. Please help!!! I have called several times and get the same answer-"NO, we only do basic white/chocolate cakes(other than Mickey cake) even in the bigger cakes!" I am getting so frustrated. Thanks!

Does anyone know how I can order this cake? I have tried to contact the cake hotline(I was told they only do standard white/chocolate cakes or the Mickey cake) and I even tried the GF bakery and Boardwalk Bakery and both times ended up I believe at the same place(private dining). Their idea of a "custom cake" is putting her name on it!:confused3 It is my DD's 13th birthday and I would really like to get this cake for her. Please help!!! I have called several times and get the same answer-"NO, we only do basic white/chocolate cakes(other than Mickey cake) even in the bigger cakes!" I am getting so frustrated. Thanks!

I know when I have ordered I have placed my orders thru In-room dining. I have had to tell them I wanted I believe that is a 10" cake which can be customized which usually changes the normal white or chocolate only.

Good Luck!

Does anyone know what cake choices (flavor, frosting, filling, etc) are available at the Beach Club? I can call, but wanted to check here first if anyone had any info...

Thanks!

The only thing I can think of that might be better for a boy are the dog bones but they are only available at GF. Here is a photo:

47b5dd22b3127cce98548ed00e7c00000017108AatnDNy3aMx

Thanks that would be great. We are going to 1900 for breakfast. I guess we will be eating dessert with breakfast this day. The kids will find this great.

Does anyone know what cake choices (flavor, frosting, filling, etc) are available at the Beach Club? I can call, but wanted to check here first if anyone had any info...

Thanks!

The flavors vary depending on the size of the cake. Your best bet is to call and ask depending what size you need.

The Head Pastry Chef for the Yacht and Beach is awesome! All my cakes I have had either in room or at the Yachtsman have been unbelieveable.

What is the zebra cake anyway? I've seen pictures of it, but is it just a regular cake with white chocolate fondant and chocolate drizzle?

from what I understand, it has layers of white cake with an amarula creme in it. This is a liquer that has a caramel flavor that is made from the marula fruit. I've seen the bottle but never had it. When I called I was told that it was amarula cream, but some people have stated they had vanilla cream. I'm not sure. If it is amarula, that seems very authentic, and I think I want to get it for him, but I'm not sure whether people like it, or what to put on it if I get it. Hope that helps a little.

Where did you order this from? I have never seen it with the Mickey that color. Also how much was it and is the Mickey chocolate? Any info you can give me would be great.Thank You

I ordered it through in-room dining at the Boardwalk. It was about $50. $25 for Mickey and $25 for the strawberries.

Yes, the Mickey is white chocolate.

I ordered it through in-room dining at the Boardwalk. It was about $50. $25 for Mickey and $25 for the strawberries.

Yes, the Mickey is white chocolate.

Thank you so much. I have to find out if the Boardwalk Bakery will do this also. We are stayiing in a Family suite at ASMu. Do you know if I can pick it up at the boardwalk bakery?

From what I remember they will only do a "filled cake" at the BC if it is the one that serves 16 ppl. (I think a 10in) and they do yellow, choc or marble - fillings milk choc mousse (that is what I got)- white choc mousse, something with berries or raspberry filling

Frosting buttercream or choc buttercream

I was a disney bride so I know all about cake fillings from Disney so I knew they did not offer the full range...they offer more than that, I did not write them all down. It was sort of a thing where I heard what I wanted and that was when I quit writing.

Thanks for the great thread! We will be celebrating my b-day at AKL this summer and I have forwarded the link to my husband... ;)

Beth pixiedust:

My dd truly belives she is going to marry Mickey and has told everyone that when we go out there for her birthday she is getting married so I plan on taking her to see Mickey after we have a Princess breakfast and she will be dressed up and ready for her wedding.... I would love to have a little wedding cake waiting back at our room for her from Mickey .... The small castle cake would be perfect but we will be at the Poly not the GF do you know if the Poly Bakery could do something in the form of a small wedding cake. there was a post on the first page that had a small wedding cake from the BWB do they still make those.... my only other plan would be to order the castle cake for the night befour when we will be at 1900 and just ask them to box it up so she dont see it and put it in the fridge at the resort till the next day.......

My dd truly belives she is going to marry Mickey and has told everyone that when we go out there for her birthday she is getting married so I plan on taking her to see Mickey after we have a Princess breakfast and she will be dressed up and ready for her wedding.... I would love to have a little wedding cake waiting back at our room for her from Mickey .... The small castle cake would be perfect but we will be at the Poly not the GF do you know if the Poly Bakery could do something in the form of a small wedding cake. there was a post on the first page that had a small wedding cake from the BWB do they still make those.... my only other plan would be to order the castle cake for the night befour when we will be at 1900 and just ask them to box it up so she dont see it and put it in the fridge at the resort till the next day.......

I'm supposed to marry MICKEY..........I object to the wedding :lmao:

Has anyone ordered a cake from Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. We will be dining there in August for our anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter