Official Bay Lake Tower Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by BrerRabbit1114, Aug 6, 2009.

1. slmjam

slmjam DIS Veteran

I have a few pics of the refurbed kitchen & bathroom areas from BLT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And.... here was the best part of BLT.... the view from our room.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Dznefreek

Dznefreek DIS Veteran

4. chris4disney

chris4disney DIS Veteran

5. NandK

NandK Mouseketeer

Thanks for the studio refurb. pics!!! We are in a studio in 3 weeks.

6. NandK

NandK Mouseketeer

The studios are being refurbed due to some complaints about the bathroom sink being in the kitchenette area in the original design. Now the sink is being moved into the bathroom (just a wall change). Also, some issues with the bathroom door locks are being addressed for all room sizes(I think). The refurbs are an ongoing process and unless disney finished recently, you could be put in either set up for the studio. No other room size is affected (except the 2 bedroom lock-off of course) by the bathroom sink issue.

7. onelilspark

onelilspark DIS Veteran

I have pictures!

Check-in (at the Contemporary)
    [​IMG]

My room (studio, lake view, refurbed bathroom)
    [​IMG]

Outside of building:
    [​IMG]

Room - Bathroom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hallway
    [​IMG]

Kitchenette
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closet (ironing board, vaccuum & safe)
    [​IMG]

Room
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

View

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

View from Elevator Bank

[​IMG]

Elevator (I loved the Mickey!)
    [​IMG]

Nightview
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Electric Water Pageant
    [​IMG]

Morning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lobby

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chris4disney

chris4disney DIS Veteran

Oh okay. So they moved the orginial sink that was by the kitchenette into the bathroom or just added another sink in the bathroom?

9. chris4disney

chris4disney DIS Veteran

Never mind. Just saw the new photos and answered my question! :thumbsup2 Much better layout now if you ask me!

10. goopysolelady

goopysolelady DIS Veteran

Thanks for the new photos! We stayed last summer in a 2 bedroom...opposite of your view...and your photos make me smile! I miss BLT :sad2:! Lobby photos are great...memories are sweet. Thanks! :tink:

11. disneyjazz 1928

disneyjazz 1928 Have a great, big, beautiful day. And remember, to

ok, i can't actually figure out how to post pictures for some reason, but i am looking for some advice:: This summer my family and i stayed at bay lake. we were in room 7218 which was THE MOST AMAZING VIEW EVER (right by magic kingdom and the monorail) :woohoo:!! we usually stay in a different resort every year for 2 days before we go to OKW for the week. This year we wanted to stay at Kidani, but my mother is having a super hard time deciding where to stay, and we have to make reservations soon. I told her we may not get the same room because the same things don't happen twice. I honestly don't care where we stay, but what are everyone else's opinions :confused3??? HELP ME OUT, PLEASE

12. AJA

AJA DIS Veteran

Loving all the pics!:cool1:

13. BrerRabbit1114

BrerRabbit1114 Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow!

I think the view from the inside of the resort hub is beautiful. You get to overlook the pool, bay lake and hear all the sounds of bay lake :) love it.

14. MkWzwski

MkWzwski Earning My Ears

We're staying in a LV Studio in Jan for our first DVC vacation. Can anyone suggest what I might ask for in terms of a room request? Are higher floors more desirable? If we face the pool, can we see the Electrical Water Pageant? From what I've gathered, our best shot of a semi MK view would be an even number on the north side?

Thanks!

15. katieam1

katieam1 DIS Veteran

We have stayed Lake view the last few times and we have made requests because we wanted certain things. Both times we got exactly what we wanted and the same exact room.

Here was our request:
    Floor 5 (we wanted easy access to the bridge since I am not a fan of elevators) North side of the building High Even numbers. We ended up with 7508 which actually got us a view of the castle as well. We watch fireworks every night and was so happy. My parents were also in a LV studio and they had 7509 and their view was of the pool and lake. They loved their view because they like the action of that side and we like the quiet MK view in our room so we were both very happy both times. :)
    If you did not care what floor you were on you could just say North Side high even numbers and even though it is Lake view you can still get a peek at MK. :)

16. daisyx3

daisyx3 DIS Veteran

bumping...coming up on the 60 day mark for our trip, which is 3 nights lake view 1BR at BLT, followed by 4 nights at Kidani.
    Daisyx3

17. Ziggie

Ziggie The TF Fairy is Inspiried by Ziggie

I'm very interested in this thread... love the photos! We'll be there in August for a weeks stay. Looking forward to it :)

18. FunkyDuck

FunkyDuck Fan of RAFA NADAL & DONALD!!

I believe this thread has made me change my mind of where we will stay this upcoming November....BLT!!!! I love all the pictures that everyone has taken the time to post...:lovestruc (thank you so much!!) and am so excited about booking BLT!!

19. magic kingdom park

magic kingdom park Mouseketeer

Trying to decide where to stay this year. I have a few questions.
    1- have all the studio rooms been redone moving the sink into the bathroom?
    2-I have heard of the viewing area on the top floor, is this avaliable to guests if they are renting points to stay there?
    3-How far is the walk to the magic kingdom and where are the bus stops?

We stayed at the villas at Wilderness Lodge last year and can't decide if we want to try something new.

20. klmall

klmall DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

From the Monorail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. klmall

klmall DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

From the Monorail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]