****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

Tara said:
When I have those super early mornings, I usually end up never even going to sleep because of the combination of last-minute preparation and fear that I won't wake up and I'll miss my flight!

Hahahaha I have the same fear!! I'm probably going to wind up taking 1/2 day from work so I can get everything done early so I can get some sleep lol

I like to get to our airport at least 90 minutes before our flight. Our airport is usually not too busy. How long is it going to take you to geet from Tribeca to the airport?

Google maps says 28 minutes. I kinda wish we were flying out of Newark because I know that airport so well, and when the Holland tunnel is moving along easily, it only takes 20 minutes to get there from the apartment.

Oh well, I'll probably just switch the pickup time to 5:00 or 5:15 and be done with it. We'll likely end up having extra time at the airport, but DS is excited about the airport in general because it's a new one to add to his list. :thumbsup2

TODAY is 30 days from our vacation:cool1:........It is also my birthday:cake:

Happy Friday Team!! love you all!:hippie:

Happy Birthday!!! :bday:party:

I'm having a hard time keeping up with you all!! That darned work thing has me away from the Dis, can you believe that? Ugh! So, if I don't comment on something one of you has said, please know that I've read it and am thinking about you guys. I just don't seem to be able to comment on it all!!

I have 28 days to go. I'm going to start packing some stuff tonight using the ultimate packing list from Mousesavers. No Mickey Mail yet, though. :(

Oh, and I just looked at the resort list and I'm not on it.

I'm staying at Carribean Beach Resort August 17th through the 28th. I know One Bad Apple is also staying there. Can we be added please??? Thanks. :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday!!! :bday:party:

I have 28 days to go. I'm going to start packing some stuff tonight using the ultimate packing list from Mousesavers. No Mickey Mail yet, though. :(

Thanks sweetie and all the rest of you for the birthday wishes! You know I havent even heard from my children yet, the ungrateful pukes:lmao: Anyway, yes as of tomm I can say "less than a month till Disney" and this is when time starts to really slow down for me:rolleyes2

Google maps says 28 minutes. I kinda wish we were flying out of Newark because I know that airport so well, and when the Holland tunnel is moving along easily, it only takes 20 minutes to get there from the apartment.

Oh well, I'll probably just switch the pickup time to 5:00 or 5:15 and be done with it. We'll likely end up having extra time at the airport, but DS is excited about the airport in general because it's a new one to add to his list. :thumbsup2

I think 5:30 should be good. Assuming you leave at 5:40 that puts you at the airport at 6:10-6:15 (again assuming minimal traffic at that hour), giving you a good 90+ minutes.

Wow! Nice new thread...

We're at POP 8/25-9/1

8/25: 1900 PF (4:30)
8/26: H&V(8:00)
8/27: Akershus(12:10)
8/28: Tusker House(12:10 p.m.)- she's also doing the Wild about Nature YES class
8/29: CP(8:20); CRT(6:40)
8/30: Chef Mickey's(5:00)
8/31: 1900 PF(11:00)
9/1: 'Ohana(10:55)

We know we'll be in:
8/25- MK
8/26- HS
8/27- EP
8/28- AK
8/29- MK
The rest are up in the air.

Oh, and I just looked at the resort list and I'm not on it.

I'm staying at Carribean Beach Resort August 17th through the 28th. I know One Bad Apple is also staying there. Can we be added please??? Thanks. :thumbsup2

Hopefully we will "run" into each other at point during our stay,

ADRs....these still need some work as I need to add some breakfasts. Not too worried about it though because we always seem to be able to walk in to Captain's Grille, and CRT is so crazy expensive that it's a lot more available now. (Remember when it was easier to win Powerball than get a CRT ADR???)

8/25
Jiko 7:30pm

8/26
Captain's Grille 8:00am
California Grill 5:55pm

8/27
Tusker House 9:30am
Brown Derby 5:30pm

8/28
Akershus 9:30pm

8/29
Crystal Palace 9:30am

DS wants me to add CRT (he loves anywhere that he can actually talk to the characters and have them talk back, plus he's kind of a sucker for attention from lovely ladies ;) ) and after seeing a great family video on youtube, he wants to go to 50s PTC, although I don't think he'll eat anything there. :-\

question of the day ~ do you have any Disney ringtones on your cell?! I have "Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me!" for when my oldest son calls and when I get a text you hear "Shark Bait! Ooh! Ha! Ha!"

Yep....I have the monorail "stay away from the handrails" speech and "Part of Your World" from Little Mermaid

Maybe I will be able to keep up with this thread better! The other one was sooooo fast! :)

Yeah, good luck with that!!! :rotfl2:

I haven't really used a TA since the Magic Kingdom Club went away.
Doesn't mean I wouldn't, if I felt I'd be getting a better deal, but with the tips I've gotten from the DisBoards, I think it would be a close call :)

I have booked myself and then transferred the reservation to my TA. There's a slight discount and she usually ends up having something delivered to our resort for us. It's cute, but yeah, I do all the ADR's etc. I'm a control freak!

:thumbsup2

I think we will need to keep this thread going even AFTER our trips! lol

DEFINITELY!! And I'll be right back on planning for August 2013!!! :cool1:

We could start a FB group and post our trip photos and all to it. I post on another thread and we are all close and we have a FB group for sharing things we don't feel belong on the boards.

Please make sure to let us know!! This is an awesome idea!

Hopefully we will "run" into each other at point during our stay,

Maybe at the buses in the mornings!!! :dance3:

Wow look at our new thread! Sniffffff...Can you smell that it still has that new tread smell.

QOTD #2 A Disney phone ring tone on my cell phone? I don't even own a cell phone. I spend 12 hours a day at work and the other 12 at home if I'm not at one try me at the other therefor I don't need a cell phone. I do have a ton of Disney music and podcasts on my iPod.

I wish my husband didn't have one sometimes! I text way more than talk on mine ~ usually it's one of my boys needs a ride home and I'll get wherever and text to say "parked out front" or whatever, LOL.

QOTD #2: I have no ringtones :( I need to fgure out how to get some on my iPhone, I am technologically challenged....lol

I still have a dumbphone and I'm cheap so I get my free ringtones off phonezoo. Doesn't have everything under the sun but I've found plenty to make me happy.

QOTD #2: I have no ringtones :( I need to fgure out how to get some on my iPhone, I am technologically challenged....lol I have no ringtones but I may be upgrading to an iPhone next month...no use trying now to have to figure it out all over again next month! Where's a teenager when you need one!

Too funny! When we were visiting family in March, my sister in law handed her brand new iphone to my 14 yr old son and said "teach me!" :rotfl:

:cake: Happy Birthday! Today is my hubby's birthday too ~ he hasn't been home for his birthday since 2006 with all the deployments! I just realized I have to make him a cake...but if I leave the computer I'll get too far behind! :lmao:

I REALLY want a iPhone, but cannot justify the cost of the data plan. Right now my family all have "dumb" cell phones.

Too funny! I didn't realize other people refer to their phone as a dumb phone too! I'm totally with you on not being able to justify the cost! I figure I'm a stay at home mom so it would definitely be a want, not a need in any way. While other parents play on their phone at soccer practice, I play games or watch movies on my Ipod Touch.

So, last night I started working on a shirt. It's a "hand me up" - my oldest got the shirt when we were in Disney in '09 and it doesn't fit anymore so I pulled it out of his "donate" pile and kept it! Hope this link works: Tower of Terror shirt The design had some cracks in it from wear so I used some white fabric paint to touch it up and I'm planning on going over it with glow in the dark paint. Not sure how good it'll turn out, but it seemed like a fun idea!

Happy birthday!!! party:

29 days for me and no Mickey Mail either. :worried: I was thinking of starting packing too kinda. I bought special socks that are really thin yet have some cushioning too and I don't want to wear them before the trip so pairs don't go missing. :lmao: So I wanted to stick them in a suitcase to keep them safe.

Meanwhile I am back to trying to talk my DH into a Value resort. I would love to stay at AKL and I see his point of view that we haven't gone anywhere in a long time and its my first time so we should go all out, but I'm just worried the money thing will dampen my spirits. I got the credit card statement yesterday...:faint:

I am in on joining a facebook group too. That will be an easy way to share pics! :)

Oops forgot to mention I don't have any Disney ringtones. I have to use a regular ringer type of ringer because my hearing is odd. Whenever I have a ringtone that is a real song I don't hear it if the TV or radio is on. Not sure what type of hearing problem that is.

Too funny! I didn't realize other people refer to their phone as a dumb phone too! I'm totally with you on not being able to justify the cost! I figure I'm a stay at home mom so it would definitely be a want, not a need in any way. While other parents play on their phone at soccer practice, I play games or watch movies on my Ipod Touch.

So, last night I started working on a shirt. It's a "hand me up" - my oldest got the shirt when we were in Disney in '09 and it doesn't fit anymore so I pulled it out of his "donate" pile and kept it! Hope this link works: Tower of Terror shirt The design had some cracks in it from wear so I used some white fabric paint to touch it up and I'm planning on going over it with glow in the dark paint. Not sure how good it'll turn out, but it seemed like a fun idea!

I always refer to it as a dumb phone.

I love that shirt.

Im trying to add myself to the resort list- and failing miserably. Could someone help me? When I try to add my info and click submit, it tells me that my response is too short---story of my life:goodvibes

I have a question for everyone. It may be a dumb question though lol. It been 3 years since we have been to WDW. Do you receive any other Mickey mail besides the ME packet or is that it?

I have a question for everyone. It may be a dumb question though lol. It been 3 years since we have been to WDW. Do you receive any other Mickey mail besides the ME packet or is that it?

1st of all there are NO dumb questions on this Team! I just recd a personalized brochure yesterday- a booklet, if you will. Themed in Toy Story style. Pretty cute! Kind of bummed I didnt get any luggage tags, since our ressies are all room-onlys. I will have to use my old ones:confused3

29 days for me and no Mickey Mail either. :worried: I was thinking of starting packing too kinda. I bought special socks that are really thin yet have some cushioning too and I don't want to wear them before the trip so pairs don't go missing. :lmao: So I wanted to stick them in a suitcase to keep them safe.

Meanwhile I am back to trying to talk my DH into a Value resort. I would love to stay at AKL and I see his point of view that we haven't gone anywhere in a long time and its my first time so we should go all out, but I'm just worried the money thing will dampen my spirits. I got the credit card statement yesterday...:faint:

I am in on joining a facebook group too. That will be an easy way to share pics! :)

I've been throwing things into a duffle bag that I know I won't need until vacay but don't want to forget! And seriously, my kids have not put their clean laundry away for a week- I may just start throwing their clothes into a suitcase just to keep their rooms neat! :laughing:

I can see both sides of your argument- it would be awesome to stay at AKL. And you totally deserve a wonderful vacation!! Check into moderate resorts if you really are going to worry about the money- POR or POFQ are gorgeous, romantic places to stay if you both decide to switch. (I'm always on the "go all out" and deal with the consequences later side though. True story. ::yes::)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter